Windows 10: Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

Discus and support Two computer on network can't see each other anymore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Updated second of two computers on same network to Update 1903. Now both are running 1903. Neither computer can see each other when Network is clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gglisch, Nov 1, 2019.

1. gglisch Win User

Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

Updated second of two computers on same network to Update 1903. Now both are running 1903. Neither computer can see each other when Network is clicked in Explorer. One does see Media device on other computer only. This happened when I ran 1903 update a couple days ago on second computer. I’ve tried all the suggestions from checking Network & Sharing to checking Services. When one was running older update version all was fine now with both running 1903 they are not discovering each other. What's am I missing in checking why this has happened.

:)

gglisch, Nov 1, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Nov 1, 2019
  3. After recent update...why can't I see all my computers on my network anymore?

Possible that the network discovery on your computer was turned off after installing the Windows update. Network discovery is a network setting that affects whether your computer can find other computers and devices on the network and whether other computers
    on the network can find your computer. To assist you further, we suggest that you check if the network discovery on your computer was turned on.

If network discovery was turned off, you may turn on the network discovery by following the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Click on the Network and Sharing Center icon.
    • Expand Private network profile for the one you want to turn on network discovery.
    • Click on Save changes.
    • Select Turn on network discovery and click on Save changes.

After following the steps, check if you will be able to see all computers on your network.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further help.

Stephanie Sal, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

Computer does not sleep anymore (\FileSystem\srvnet)

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device manager.

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you install the driver restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

It is amusing how display and network adapter is conflated here..... incompetnce overload....

ZoltanKozma, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

1. Two computer on network can't see each other anymore - Similar Threads - computer network can't

2. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two laptops on network cannot see each other: I have this problem everytime there's a cumulative update. Two laptops on my network cannot see each other. Cannot transfer files from one to another. What does it take to fix this thing for good? Senior citizen on fixed income. Cannot go out and buy new laptops or Windows...
  3. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two laptops on network cannot see each other: I have this problem everytime there's a cumulative update. Two laptops on my network cannot see each other. Cannot transfer files from one to another. What does it take to fix this thing for good? Senior citizen on fixed income. Cannot go out and buy new laptops or Windows...
  4. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  6. Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other

Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other: My configuration: Fios -> Linksys E2000 router wifi disabled ....1.1 ->3 ethernet connected computers + 1 connection to a second router: ->TPLink Archer C7 WiFi enabled router...
  7. Why can't networked computers see each other?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't networked computers see each other?: I have two machines connected through an ethernet switch which is hooked to my home router. But each machine does not appear in the network folder of the other. Any idea why? Thanks. submitted by /u/HiawathaBray [link] [comments]...
  8. PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network

PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network: Hi Our network has not been working properly for ages but we've coped. Now, however, I want to get it working as it should do. Our network comprises three PCs, our two main PCs and a spare which does get used on a regular basis. All are connected via ethernet cables and...
  9. PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other

PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other: I have 2 machines, 1 Windoze 7 Pro 32bit and 1 Windoze 10 Home 64 bit both wire connected to the same router. No matter what I do, the machines can't see each other. That includes all the sharing options, advanced, etc. All Allows are checked and I have admin rights on both...
  10. Computers can't see each other on workgroup

Computers can't see each other on workgroup: Recently added both laptops to a workgroup as suggested here to enable file sharing and it worked perfectly. Then suddenly today 1 of the computers can't see the other one. Laptop 1 can't see laptop 2 1 did have a Pin as security while 2 had a password. I've changed 1 to...