Windows 10: Two Computers Activated With The Same Product Key

Discus and support Two Computers Activated With The Same Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded mine from Windows 10 Home, to Windows 10 Pro. Windows was oringally installed as fresh on both computers. Bother computers had their own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kamryn, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Kamryn Win User

Two Computers Activated With The Same Product Key

I upgraded mine from Windows 10 Home, to Windows 10 Pro. Windows was oringally installed as fresh on both computers.

Bother computers had their own product key.
    I have two Windows 7 Ultimate key, which I used to upgrade my Windows 10.

Yesterday, while working on my Sister's and her husband's computer, I decided to give them an upgrade, and chose the Windows 7 Ultimate one, to see what'll happen. It worked.

Weird thing is, the product key I used, is changed (not the same as the one I entered), probably becuase there is no Ultimate version of Windows 10.
    A even weirder thing is, both computers have the same product key. My computer was off when the other computer was being activated. When I get home, I expected and activation issue on my computer, but so far none.

I tried to change the Windows 10 product key to another Win10 Pro, but when I use ProduKey, it still shows the same key.

:)

Kamryn, Jun 1, 2019

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Windows 10 upgrade activation product key requirement no skip

Hi Anil,

To quote Andre's post, can you please try the following steps as well right after you got the product key from the steps that was provided to you above.

• Click Start
    • Settings
    • Find Update & Security
    • On the left pane of the page, click Activation
    • In the change the product key section, enter the product key you have
    • Click Next to activate.
    Let us know how it goes so we can provide you with a better solution.

Josef Bri, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Two Computers Activated With The Same Product Key - Similar Threads - Computers Activated Same

2. Product key/ Activation Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key/ Activation Key: How do I get my windows 10 product key In MacBook Pro using boot camp installation software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-activation-key/08bea70a-4d63-4b2e-afca-2f7cc74e99d4
  3. two activation keys on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two activation keys on my computer: "I have two activation keys on my computer, one of them is illegal and the other is tied to the motherboard. Now, I want to remove the illegal key and keep the OEM key. What should I do?"...
  4. two activation keys on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two activation keys on my computer: "I have two activation keys on my computer, one of them is illegal and the other is tied to the motherboard. Now, I want to remove the illegal key and keep the OEM key. What should I do?"...
  5. two activation keys on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines

I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines: Hello,I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines one on my laptop and one on my PC, is it OK?i mean i log in with my same Microsoft account on my two different computers one windows home and one windows pro ....
  7. Windows 10 Product Key on Two Bootable Drives Sharing the Same Product Key?

Windows 10 Product Key on Two Bootable Drives Sharing the Same Product Key?: Hi Situation: I have a 10 years old laptop that came with HDD Windows 7 Vista I still have the sticker key on Vista but it doesn't work on Win 10. At the same time I installed a separate drive SSD and installed Windows 7 using my university's enterprise product key Don't...
  8. Two keys in the same PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two keys in the same PC: Hello everyone. I have bought a PC with Windows 10 home. After few months, I bought a Windows 10 pro Key and i've done the upgrade. But everytime I reinstall Windows, by default, It activates the home edition, so i have to to insert the pro Key manually. How can I fix that?...
  9. Same product key for all?

Same product key for all?: Ok I decided I would undergo some testing & I whipped out some unused laptops with windows 7 home on them. I upgraded all 5 to windows 10. I used a program called produkey to show me my product key with network disabled for safety. Well it displayed internet explorer product...
  10. Same product key on two PCs

Same product key on two PCs: Hi there. Within the last two days I upgraded a PC and a laptop to Windows 10 home as part of the free upgrade program. Just noticed tonight that Windows assigned the same product key to each PC. How is that possible? Why would Microsoft do that? I had no control over which...