Windows 10: Two computers have different files on OneDrive.

Discus and support Two computers have different files on OneDrive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Awhile ago, I found had both SkyDrive and OneDrive storage locations on my computer. The SkyDrive contained files from Windows 8.1, and the OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JJR-CT, Mar 19, 2020.

1. JJR-CT Win User

Two computers have different files on OneDrive.

Awhile ago, I found had both SkyDrive and OneDrive storage locations on my computer. The SkyDrive contained files from Windows 8.1, and the OneDrive had files stored since I installed Windows 10. So I moved the files from SkyDrive to OneDrive I think and deleted the SkyDrive icon from the directory .

Now, at my 2nd location, also Windows 10 I looked for my files on OneDrive and could find only the old ones from 8.1.

How do I configure OneDrive on the 2nd computer to access all the ones on the primary one.

:)

JJR-CT, Mar 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Two computers have different files on OneDrive.

Transferring files and documents to a new computer - onedrive issues

Hi Williams,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It seems that you have set sync settings to sync every folder and as well as external hard drive and save only on cloud. We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to avail folders (Docs) locally.

1. Install OneDrive and open
      File Explorer
    2. Right click on OneDrive icon on the right pane.
    3. Then select Make available offline.

You may also want to refer
      OneDrive help
      and go through all topics under
      Popular topics and check for settings.

Hope it helps.

If you find the answer useful, kindly tick your response.

Manjunath_H, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Two computers have different files on OneDrive.

1. Two computers have different files on OneDrive. - Similar Threads - computers different files

2. Using OneDrive from two different computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using OneDrive from two different computers: I have OneDrive on two different computers, a Windows laptop and an iMac. Until recently I was able to do as I want, ie to update any files in the account on either computer, create and delete files from either computer, without restriction. Recently OneDrive began to...
  3. Using OneDrive from two different computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using OneDrive from two different computers: I have OneDrive on two different computers, a Windows laptop and an iMac. Until recently I was able to do as I want, ie to update any files in the account on either computer, create and delete files from either computer, without restriction. Recently OneDrive began to...
  4. Using OneDrive from two different computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. desktop on two different computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop on two different computers: I don't know if this is the right group to be asking this or if this is a Office 365 question.I have windows 10 on my main computer and on a laptop that I use to run a powerpoint presentation. Both are connected to my Microsoft account to enable me to use word, power point,...
  6. OneDrive on two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive on two computers: Two computers with Windows 10. I have One Drive up and running. On one computer One Drive and all files are accessible via Windows File Explorer on computer 1On the computer 2, the icon on the task bar says not signed in. In Windows Explorer files are not accessible. However...
  7. OneDrive on two computers.

OneDrive on two computers.: Hi, I have a desktop computer and a laptop computer. I assume they use OneDrive is doing it's best, but it's not working for me. Let me explain ... I have quite a few icons on my desktop computer that I don't want on my laptop. If I try and use the icons on the laptop...
  8. Two different sets of files showing up on Onedrive

Two different sets of files showing up on Onedrive: I have a home laptop and home desktop. I just saved a file onto onedrive from my laptop and I cannot see the file on onedrive on my home computer. I have the same problem with a file I recently saved on my desktop onto onedrive not appearing on my laptop version of...
  9. Different Passwords for Two Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Passwords for Two Computers: I recently changed the password to my Microsoft Account, which I use to sign into my desktop computer. I have it set to sync across all devices. However, whenever I log into my laptop computer, I need to put in the old password. Yet, it shows I'm signed into my Microsoft...
  10. is it possible to have two different nvidia cards in a computer?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    is it possible to have two different nvidia cards in a computer?: Hi, my laptop has 2 nvidia 765m graphic cards, by the look of it one of them is not working properly, now i bought a geforce 980m to replace it with the dead card. my question is, is it possible to have two different models of nvidia graphic cards on the main board? can...