Windows 10: two computers listed on my desktop which was just repaired by HP. Should I remove one?

Discus and support two computers listed on my desktop which was just repaired by HP. Should I remove one? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just had my 6 month old computer repaired by HP because it went black when updating (HP update). Now when I go into settings, it shows two of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JudyKlep, Mar 16, 2019.

1. JudyKlep Win User

two computers listed on my desktop which was just repaired by HP. Should I remove one?

I just had my 6 month old computer repaired by HP because it went black when updating (HP update). Now when I go into settings, it shows two of the same computer listed. Should I delete one? Which one? or should I leave it alone? When I sign in, in the morning, I have to login to each account even though I have auto logins on programs. Very frustrating.

:)

JudyKlep, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 16, 2019
  3. borgus Win User
    Desktop lists removable media

In File Explorer, removable media such as card readers, USB drives, etc. are listed under the DESKTOP hierarchy. They were not in prior Windows versions.

Do others see this? Can they be hidden under that Desktop branch, as the dupe listings are confusing.
    W10 vers 1511.

borgus, Mar 16, 2019
  4. two computers listed on my desktop which was just repaired by HP. Should I remove one?

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

two computers listed on my desktop which was just repaired by HP. Should I remove one?

1. two computers listed on my desktop which was just repaired by HP. Should I remove one? - Similar Threads - computers listed desktop

2. Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive: Recently I bought a minicomputer for the purpose of mirroring my main computer in case it dies. I immediately did a clean install on the mini to get rid of a bunch of stuff I don't need and don't want on the mini. In fact, I have gone through many clean installs trying to...
  3. Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two computers, one desktop in OneDrive: Recently I bought a minicomputer for the purpose of mirroring my main computer in case it dies. I immediately did a clean install on the mini to get rid of a bunch of stuff I don't need and don't want on the mini. In fact, I have gone through many clean installs trying to...
  4. Which one should I uninstall?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which one should I uninstall?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/weeabboo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehf7vd/which_one_should_i_uninstall/
  5. What HP Bloatware should I remove?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What HP Bloatware should I remove?: https://imgur.com/3Vzh7qx.png https://imgur.com/PBgIMei.png What is totally fine to uninstall? (Aside from the printer stuff obviously) submitted by /u/hameha220 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh64e8/what_hp_bloatware_should_i_remove/
  6. Two desktops. Want to remove one of them

in Windows 10 Support
    Two desktops. Want to remove one of them: Hello. I have HUAWEI MateBook X. My problem is that I have TWO different desktops. So long story short, when I bought the laptop I had OneDrive installed on it. I thought that the 2nd desktop was connected to it in order to transfer files to the cloud because the path to that...
  7. I have two cd roms which are not listed by my computer but are listed by audio programs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have two cd roms which are not listed by my computer but are listed by audio programs.: I have two cd roms which are not listed by my computer but are listed by audio programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-cd-roms-which-are-not-listed-by-my/97c021ac-f1f5-4c9d-b883-41cb8ffc1a0f"
  8. which one should i choose to boot my usb drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    which one should i choose to boot my usb drive: Hi I’m trying to upgrade my win10 32bit into win10 64bit, it’s based on 64 processor and the win was activated. I’ve downloading the tool into my 16GB flash drive. The only problem I have is the boot menu. These are the choices on the boot menu(From top to Bottom): LS120,...
  9. Which one of these apps are useful and i should not remove?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which one of these apps are useful and i should not remove?: Hello guys. I am preparing a windows 10 ISO by using MSMG ToolKit v7.1​ I havent used windows 10 yet so i dont know some of these apps and what they do Here what i am planning and my questions. Do you think i should chance any of the below decisions? [A] Microsoft...
  10. Which startup programs should I remove?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which startup programs should I remove?: These are my startup programs, which are not necessary that I should remove? Akami Netsession Client Avast Antivirus AMD Catalyst Control Center Java Update Scheduler Logitech Gaming Framework (I use logitech g430 headphones, I dont know if this program is necessary for...