Windows 10: Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other

Discus and support Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, I have a homegroup win 10, two computers on network, share options checked for all drives on both with everyone as user. Computer1 can see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mwhitnell, Jul 31, 2018.

1. mwhitnell Win User

Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other

Ok, I have a homegroup win 10, two computers on network, share options checked for all drives on both with everyone as user.
    Computer1 can see the Computer2 and all hard drives, the Computer 2 can not see Computer1

:)

mwhitnell, Jul 31, 2018

2. Unable to setup Homegroup on Windows 10 computer

Hello Mike,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Did you try setting up HomeGroup on another computer?
    • Is your computer installed with any third party Antivirus or Online security software?
    Suggest you to check this issue by restarting your computer once, post complete shutdown, to see if it goes correctly. Also ensure that your computer is up to date with Windows Updates.
    Go to Start Button/>Settings/>Update & Security/> Windows Update and click
    Check the updates. If you find any pending updates, then try to install them and see if it makes any difference.

Follow the below mentioned steps to setup HomeGroup on Windows 10.

• Right-click on Start and select
      Control Panel from the context menu.

• Select
      Network and Sharing
      center option, then click on the
      HomeGroup
      at the bottom left fringe on the Network and Sharing Center window.

• Click
      Create a homegroup
      button. You see the list of files and devices that you would like to share within the HomeGroup.

• On the drop down menu beside every item set the
      level of permission of each item, then click Next once you are done.

• You will be taken to the next step where you can see an
      auto-generated password. If the computer need to participate in the HomeGroup then they require this password for authentication. You can also modify the password later. Tap the
      Finish button.
    Now join other PC into this HomeGroup, which you think should participate in the HomeGroup activities.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

Existing Homegroup removed from all computers - rejoining not possible

Hi,

HomeGroup is a group of devices that lets you share items of your computer with other devices.

As an initial troubleshooting step to resolve your issue, we strongly suggest running the
    HomeGroup troubleshooter.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press the Window key + I to go directly to
      Windows Settings
    • Click Update & security.
    • From the left sidebar, locate and click Troubleshoot.
    • Move to its right pane and look for HomeGroup. Underneath the heading, select
      Find and fix other problems.
    • Now, click the Run the troubleshooter button.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other - Similar Threads - computers same homegroup

2. Computers on same network randomly see or don't see each other.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers on same network randomly see or don't see each other.: I have three computers on my home network full time and a few more occasionally.The three that are always on the network are One old computer running Windows 7One new desktop running Windows 10One recent laptop running Windows 11[All three are fully updated for the versions...
  3. Computers on same network randomly see or don't see each other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computers on same network randomly see or don't see each other.: I have three computers on my home network full time and a few more occasionally.The three that are always on the network are One old computer running Windows 7One new desktop running Windows 10One recent laptop running Windows 11[All three are fully updated for the versions...
  4. one computer can't see other computer on network

one computer can't see other computer on network: I have 2 computers Computer A & Computer B on Windows 10 that used to see each other on their Networks. I updated some drivers and cleaned the registry using CCCleaner on Computer A and lost all connection between both computers. I have managed to get Computer B seeing itself...
  5. only one Onedrive folder for two OS windows on same computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    only one Onedrive folder for two OS windows on same computer: Hello, I have win 7 Pro & win 10 Pro on same computer (dual boot) I need to have only one Onedrive folder sharing between both OS.....like do Dropbox. Both OS has installed OneDrive App with the same credentials but Win 7 Pro can not reach the Onedrive folder created in...
  6. Two computers, one cannot see the other on the network. Can see media devices though.

Two computers, one cannot see the other on the network. Can see media devices though.: I have two computers running W10 on a network at home. Both connect to the Internet fine through a router. Both have sharing on, and network discovery plus auto setup of network connected devices selected for the active profile. One is 192.168.100.102 and the other is...
  7. Two Win 10 computers. One can access the other, but it is one way only.

Two Win 10 computers. One can access the other, but it is one way only.: Older HP desktop can access new Asus laptop but the Asus cannot get into the HP. Have Norton Security installed on both. I've tried disabling firewalls. Nothing works. Both computers can access Internet....
  8. Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other

Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other: Ok, I have a homegroup win 10, two computers on network, share options checked for all drives on both with everyone as user. Computer1 can see the Computer2 and all hard drives, the Computer 2 can not see Computer1 115110
  9. Wndows computer can only see other Windows computers

Wndows computer can only see other Windows computers: Hi folks I'm tempted to chuck this whole latest update into the Bin Computer can see ALL other Windows machines on network including an XP VM and can access shares. It now can't see ANY NAS / Linux servers (have 2) Nas servers can see via SAMBA this Windows computer...
  10. One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First

One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First: I have 2 Windows 10 desktops on the same router via Ethernet. My main computer (Frankenstein) does not see the second (Dracula) when I go ot Network in the file explorer but Dracula does see Frankenstein. If I run \\dracula from frankenstein, I see the shares and can access...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. only one pc can see other

2. two computers on network can only see one windows 10

3. two computers on one network only one sees the other