Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other

Discus and support Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, I have a homegroup win 10, two computers on network, share options checked for all drives on both with everyone as user. Computer1 can see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mwhitnell, Jul 31, 2018.

1. mwhitnell Win User

Ok, I have a homegroup win 10, two computers on network, share options checked for all drives on both with everyone as user.
    Computer1 can see the Computer2 and all hard drives, the Computer 2 can not see Computer1

:)

mwhitnell, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Yashwanth Kotakuri Win User

Unable to setup Homegroup on Windows 10 computer

Hello Mike,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Did you try setting up HomeGroup on another computer?
    • Is your computer installed with any third party Antivirus or Online security software?
    Suggest you to check this issue by restarting your computer once, post complete shutdown, to see if it goes correctly. Also ensure that your computer is up to date with Windows Updates.
    Go to Start Button/>Settings/>Update & Security/> Windows Update and click
    Check the updates. If you find any pending updates, then try to install them and see if it makes any difference.

Follow the below mentioned steps to setup HomeGroup on Windows 10.

• Right-click on Start and select
      Control Panel from the context menu.

• Select
      Network and Sharing
      center option, then click on the
      HomeGroup
      at the bottom left fringe on the Network and Sharing Center window.

• Click
      Create a homegroup
      button. You see the list of files and devices that you would like to share within the HomeGroup.

• On the drop down menu beside every item set the
      level of permission of each item, then click Next once you are done.

• You will be taken to the next step where you can see an
      auto-generated password. If the computer need to participate in the HomeGroup then they require this password for authentication. You can also modify the password later. Tap the
      Finish button.
    Now join other PC into this HomeGroup, which you think should participate in the HomeGroup activities.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Darleen Pen Win User
    Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

Existing Homegroup removed from all computers - rejoining not possible

Hi,

HomeGroup is a group of devices that lets you share items of your computer with other devices.

As an initial troubleshooting step to resolve your issue, we strongly suggest running the
    HomeGroup troubleshooter.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press the Window key + I to go directly to
      Windows Settings
    • Click Update & security.
    • From the left sidebar, locate and click Troubleshoot.
    • Move to its right pane and look for HomeGroup. Underneath the heading, select
      Find and fix other problems.
    • Now, click the Run the troubleshooter button.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other - Similar Threads - computers same homegroup

2. Cannot detect ANY computers on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot detect ANY computers on network.: I'm trying to set up my pc(and laptop) to be able to share local drives but for some inexplicable reason the pc refuses to detect ANY network computers including itself while it CAN ACCESS them if you know the address.(eg. \\mypc\local) My problem is: I've followed the exact...
  3. Windows 10 - 1607 Version. I am unable to see create button in photos app ? Any solution i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - 1607 Version. I am unable to see create button in photos app ? Any solution i...: Windows 10 - 1607 Version. I am unable to see create button in photos app ? Any solution i tried updating windows but not updates found :(...
  4. How Do I make changes to Windows Media Player settings only with Adminstrative Approval Only

How Do I make changes to Windows Media Player settings only with Adminstrative Approval Only: Something keeps turning my Windows Media Player Streaming Service off. I will go to watch a movie from my laptop on my Samsung TV streamed through Windows Media Player only to find it has been turn off, but I haven't turned it off. I live alone, so unless one of the three...
  5. Build 12814 - in UK 2 out of 3 ISP's tested cannot see shares.

Build 12814 - in UK 2 out of 3 ISP's tested cannot see shares.: Hi folks This whole networking thing just gets me hosed up every time Currently in UK for small piece of work . While there I am getting weird network results on my own private (not used for work) laptop depending on the wifi service being used and ISP provider. private...
  6. how do i activate the numeric key pad on my keyboard so i can use the page down functionality

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i activate the numeric key pad on my keyboard so i can use the page down functionality: how do I activate the numeric key pad on my keyboard so I can use the page down/up functionalities. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-activate-the-numeric-key-pad-on-my/be6ae812-5f18-4f35-8edc-a9db38de58b7
  7. Can Surface Go be upgraded from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can Surface Go be upgraded from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro?: If so, how is that done, without buying a new license and doing a clean install of Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/can-surface-go-be-upgraded-from-windows-10-s-to/3cb78c1a-ac58-45b6-b78f-68cf274cdbd1
  8. Whenever i join my friends xbox party on the app on computer, a really loud annoying sound...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whenever i join my friends xbox party on the app on computer, a really loud annoying sound...: Whenever i join my friends xbox party on the app on computer, a really loud annoying sound plays. Even if i manually mute my mic it still plays, so it has something to do with the app itself. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?...
  9. Computer setting problem with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer setting problem with windows 10: Something happened today i restarted my computer i come back my computer wasn't asking me for my pin and asked for a password then i logged in and my audio drivers weren't working and the Ethernet cable wouldn't work with the computer just all of a sudden, luckily i have...
  10. Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an...: I have googled this problem that I am just now experiencing. I have a virus on another computer, and I have tried everything that I've read and can't solve this. Who do I have to **** to get an answer?...