Windows 10: Two computers on the same network see different amount of networked pc's...

Discus and support Two computers on the same network see different amount of networked pc's... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers in my office. My desktop and a laptop that goes home with me every night. When at work I connect my laptop to our offices hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeSchwartz1, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Two computers on the same network see different amount of networked pc's...

I have two computers in my office. My desktop and a laptop that goes home with me every night. When at work I connect my laptop to our offices hard wired workgroup of pc's, and I also have it connected to wifi so that I can get online as well. Most of our hardwired, networked pc's do not have internet access due to government regulations. My desktop does have internet access though making me one of the exceptions to that rule.

When I connect my laptop into the hardwired, mostly offline network of pc's It see fewer pc's on the network than does my desktop pc. I connect to the same ethernet switch as my desktop pc, yet i see only 18 of the 23 that I should be seeing. I cannot figure out why this is. Both my laptop and my desktop are running Windows 10 (laptop has Home Edition, desktop is Pro).

Of course, one of the 5 missing pc's I don't see with my laptop is needed to be seen by my laptop. Can anyone offer any ideas or suggestions to help me troubleshoot this situation?

Thank you in advance for your time and input,

Joe S.

:)

JoeSchwartz1, Jan 15, 2019

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Jan 15, 2019
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Two computers on the same network see different amount of networked pc's... :)

FLY3R, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Darknova Win User

Two computers on the same network see different amount of networked pc's...

Networking

Yeah, I don't have a base station in my network. The router is controlled remotely over the LAN from any PC that is connected to the network.

Darknova, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Two computers on the same network see different amount of networked pc's...

1. Two computers on the same network see different amount of networked pc's... - Similar Threads - computers same network

2. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  3. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  4. how to setup two computers on same network with different owners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to setup two computers on same network with different owners: Windows 11 Pro on both machines https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-two-computers-on-same-network-with/c7caa05d-4dc9-4383-a699-7b432481151a
  5. how to setup two computers on same network with different owners

how to setup two computers on same network with different owners: Windows 11 Pro on both machines https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-two-computers-on-same-network-with/c7caa05d-4dc9-4383-a699-7b432481151a
  6. Two computers on local network not fully seeing same shared files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two computers on local network not fully seeing same shared files: Computers AAA laptop and BBB desktop are connected to the same local private wifi network.I want to share files between AAA and BBB, in both directions, but it looks like only one direction AAA->BBB is working properly, and the other BBB->AAA isn't.I have checked that the...
  7. Two computers on local network not fully seeing same shared files

Two computers on local network not fully seeing same shared files: Computers AAA laptop and BBB desktop are connected to the same local private wifi network.I want to share files between AAA and BBB, in both directions, but it looks like only one direction AAA->BBB is working properly, and the other BBB->AAA isn't.I have checked that the...
  8. Two computers on local network not fully seeing same shared files

9. Can't connect two computers on same network

Can't connect two computers on same network: Hello.Ever since Microsoft in its ever infinite wisdom, because they think they know what we want got rid of the HOME NETWORK or whatever it was called, and was extremely easy to use, I haven't been able to connect my two computers on the same network. I've tried all the...
  10. How to make different computers see network the same way.

How to make different computers see network the same way.: I have 4 computers on my home network using a Netgear R7000 router. It does not have a HomeGroup. 1 Windows 10 pro, cable 2 Windows 10 Pro, wireless latop 3 windows 10 Home, wireless laptop 4 Windows 98, cable My goal: I would like to have #1, #2 & #3 see each other...