Windows 10: Two copies of Windows and other apps on 2 physical drives

Discus and support Two copies of Windows and other apps on 2 physical drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My desktop PC has 2 physical drives, C and D (which is from a previous PC). Both drives have Windows folders with hundreds/thousands of files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by UncleScotty, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Two copies of Windows and other apps on 2 physical drives

My desktop PC has 2 physical drives, C and D (which is from a previous PC).

Both drives have Windows folders with hundreds/thousands of files in them......looking like complete copies of Windows.

Couple of questions:

1. Which "one" of my Windows is actually booting up when I start my computer?

2. How do I get rid of the "other" Windows?

3. Both drives also have copies of Malwarebytes......Paintshop Pro, Revo Uninstaller, QuarkXPress, etc. How do I know which one......from which drive......is the one that launches when I click it on the Start menu?

Stupid sounding, I know, but BAFFLING.

This all started when I tried to run Belarc Advisor to list all the contents of my system, and it came back saying it was running
    Windows 8, AND an incorrect Name for the computer. And I KNOW I'm running Windows 10, and I DO know the name of my computer on my network.

Anyone? Anyone?

:)

UncleScotty, Nov 15, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 15, 2019
  3. dhdude Win User
    Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Two copies of Windows and other apps on 2 physical drives :)

dhdude, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Two copies of Windows and other apps on 2 physical drives

little cat, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Two copies of Windows and other apps on 2 physical drives

1. Two copies of Windows and other apps on 2 physical drives - Similar Threads - copies apps physical

2. How to remove spanning from two physical disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove spanning from two physical disk drives: I have two physical 5 TB disk drives that I was attempting to use to create a mirrored storage configuration. I followed the directions that I found on the internet and all was going as expected until the last step which was to create the final mirror configuration. At that...
  3. How to remove spanning from two physical disk drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove spanning from two physical disk drives: I have two physical 5 TB disk drives that I was attempting to use to create a mirrored storage configuration. I followed the directions that I found on the internet and all was going as expected until the last step which was to create the final mirror configuration. At that...
  4. 1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.: Hi,My laptop SSD is showing up as 2 separate drives. It is one 256GB physical drive SD8SN8U-256G-1006 but it has my storage split into "Local Disk C" and "New Volume D" and it is driving me crazy. Can someone help me recombine these, please? I'll have a reference photo...
  5. 1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.: Hi,My laptop SSD is showing up as 2 separate drives. It is one 256GB physical drive SD8SN8U-256G-1006 but it has my storage split into "Local Disk C" and "New Volume D" and it is driving me crazy. Can someone help me recombine these, please? I'll have a reference photo...
  6. I need a Physical Copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need a Physical Copy: As we know we have a horrible problem with COVID19, and most of stores are closed. Well, my pc get broke and I need to format it. so I need to have a physical copy of my previous bought cd....
  7. two copies of windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    two copies of windows: Whilst setting up my new laptop, I have somehow acquired an extra copy of Windows - now have windows and windows.old on the C drive. Can i delete windows.old without any problems? And how? Thanks for any advice....
  8. is it possible 2 encrypt an 'active' drive that other apps need acces

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is it possible 2 encrypt an 'active' drive that other apps need acces: I have : Core i5 v3 12GB DDR3 RAM Gigabyte Mobo H71M-D3H Giagbyte GTZ 650 OC 1 x 250GB Samsung EVO 860 system drive 1 x 2TB 7200rpm - storage 1 x 500GB 7200RPM - storage 1 x Mobile 500GB 5400RPM drive - storage i I woulike to ecrypt my downloads folder in the 2Tb storage ,...
  9. State of decay 2 PC hard disk physical copy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State of decay 2 PC hard disk physical copy?: I am trying to get a disc copy of State of Decay 2 and I am unable to find one anywhere why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/state-of-decay-2-pc-hard-disk-physical-copy/cab67c3a-560a-41e0-bcbc-c59866274a31
  10. 2 copies of Windows on separate drives?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2 copies of Windows on separate drives?: I have a laptop and would like to install a "clean" copy of Windows for my recording studio application. Thus when I want to run regular PC apps I load the Windows that came with the PC. When I want to record, I load the "clean" copy. I know its possible to install two but...