Windows 10: Two days after Windows 10 Install I came back to a bleeping computer. Won't boot up -...

Discus and support Two days after Windows 10 Install I came back to a bleeping computer. Won't boot up -... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Asus CM6870 Operating System originally Windows 7 64 bit recently upgraded to windows 10. CPU Intel® Core™ i7 3770 CPU @ 3.4 ghz Chipset Intel® H77... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonexC, Aug 4, 2020.

1. JonexC Win User

Two days after Windows 10 Install I came back to a bleeping computer. Won't boot up -...

• Asus CM6870
    • Operating System originally Windows 7 64 bit recently upgraded to windows 10.
    • CPU Intel® Core™ i7 3770 CPU @ 3.4 ghz
    • Chipset Intel® H77
    • Memory 4 x DIMM /// 32 GB /// Dual Channel, DDR3 at 1600MHz
    • SATA 4 x SATA 3Gb/s /// 2 x SATA 6Gb/s

Seagate Baracuda 2000 GB

I have very limited knowledge but have been running windows 7 for seven years on this rig with no issues. I installed windows 10 worked for two days. Left for the weekend and came back to a bleeping computer. and "reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" error. I have windows 10 on a usb and a back up of windows 7. but can't install either because as far as I can tell, there is nowhere to install to. Disk partition check shows a few volumes all of which have no media see last lines of this post. Its almost as though there are no drives to boot from. I kept Windows 7 operating system just in case windows 10 didn't work but now neither are showing up to boot into due to drives being at 0B.

I can get to the bios screen: tell me I have total memory of 16384 MB DDR3 1600mhz, getting power fans working etc. but no hard drive to boot from unless I plug in the usb with windows 10 on it.

Booting up into the usb with windows 10 on it brings me to Windows Setup screen. and two options: 1 install now and 2repair your computer'. Install now install aks for a product key which i don't have or gives option to continue without product key if reinstalling windows. Asks which operating system to install and what type upgrade or custom. choosing 'upgrade' the next screen is the dead end: shows a "Compatibility Report" stating: "The upgrade option isnt available if you start your computer using windows installation media. If a copy of Windows is already installed on this computer and you want to upgrade, remove the installation media and restart your computer. After windows has started normally, insert installation media and run windows setup". In other words dead end

Choosing the 2 "repair your computer option" brings me to a screen with a troubleshhoot option in which has several categories: aStartup repair, bcommand prompt, cuninstall updates, duefi firmware settings, esystem restore, fsystem image recovery.

When trying each I get the following: a startup repair couldnt repair your pc. bdiscussed below, cbth uninstall latest deature and quality loose term update run "into a problem and wont be able to uninstall the latest quality update of windows" drestarts with no noticeable changes e"to use system restore specify which windows installation to restore. restart computer select operating system and then select system restore" which wont work because of the missing drives assuming drives are missing. f"windows cannot find a system image on this computer. Attach the backup hard disk or insert final dvd from a backup set and click retry. Alternatively close dialog for more options" I insert windows 7 repair disk dvd click retry scans image for system disk, but doesnt work, same info pop up appears. Tried Windows 10 iso setup file just in case but no luck. Clicking cancel here "for more options" shows the "latest available system image" option as greyed out. Only the "select a system image" is available. Selecting that asking for "location of the backup for computer to restore". Well beyond my knowledge at the moment so i slowly back away from this option.

Command Prompt: chkdsk returns:

"the type of file system is NTFS.

The shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the specified operation"

"the volume is in use by another process. Chkdsk might report errors when no corruption is present. Volume label is Boot"

"Warning! /F parameter not specified

running chkdsk in read-only mode.

Read-only chkdsk found bad on-disk uppercase table - using system table."

"windows has checked the file system and found problems.

Run chkdsk with the /F fix option to correct these."

"3086 kb total disk space

4 kb in 9 indexes

0 kb in bad sectors

2485 kb in use by the system

2048 kb occupied by the log file

597 kb available on disk

512 bytes in each allocation unit.

6173 total allocation units on disk

1195 allocation units available on disk

failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6"

*so I ran chkdsk /f* and it returns " the type of file system is ntfs. Cannot lock current drive. Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected"

diskpart command:

"microsoft DiskPart verison 10.0.19041.1

on comupter: MININT-G4JJEPN"

'List volume' command returns:

VOLUME ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

Volume 0 I Repair disc UDF DVD-ROM 222 MB Healthy

Volume 1 C My-USB1 FAT32 Removable 14 GB Healthy

Volume 2 D My-USB2 FAT32 Removable 14 GB Healthy

Volume 3 E Removable 0 B No Media

Volume 4 F Removable 0 B No Media

Volume 5 G Removable 0 B No Media

Volume 6 Removable 0 B No Media

Please note that I had two usb plugged in and a dvd repair disk when I ran the above. When I had them removed it returned something like:

VOLUME ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

Volume 3 I Removable 0 B No Media
    Volume 4 C Removable 0 B No Media
    Volume 5 D Removable 0 B No Media
    Volume 6 E Removable 0 B No Media

Do I need to format drives to restore their size and make them non-removable to be able to accept windows 7 reinstall? If so how? Or how can I diagnose the issue and bring back my pc from purgatory? Help would be much appreciated. I wouldn't mind wiping my system clean and starting from factory settings as it seems windows 10 has already done this.

:)

JonexC, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Computer won't boot after installing Windows 10

I have the same problem. Since installing Windows 10 my computer won't boot. Just before the computer crashed a message came up stating the page had an error and needed to restart. I tried to restart the computer. I initially got to the windows logo
    and then the computer shut down again. This didn't make me happy as I was in the middle of writing a report and now I can't access anything on my computer. Now it wont go past pressing the power button. A few lights come up and then stops/crashes again.
    I tried pressing F2, F12, and F8 when attempting to restart but nothing happens. Its acts as if had no power which isn't the case. The battery is fully charged. Plugging the computer in doesn't help. How can I try any of the posted suggestions when the
    computer won't boot???? Give me back Windows 7. I heard Windows 8 had many problems and was advised not to upgrade to Windows 8. I wish someone had warned me about Windows 10!

PatriciaMason, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Two days after Windows 10 Install I came back to a bleeping computer. Won't boot up -...

Computer keeps restarting after installing new motherboard

What was the hard drive used for before, did you remove the old drivers from what ever it came from? Have you booted into safe mode? Have you installed the new drivers for the new board?

jaggerwild, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Two days after Windows 10 Install I came back to a bleeping computer. Won't boot up -...

1. Two days after Windows 10 Install I came back to a bleeping computer. Won't boot up -... - Similar Threads - days Install came

2. Windows computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows computer won't boot up: Hello, I went into the system configuration and clicked boot menu and selected advanced options and clicked the box that sayed number of processors I changed from 1 to 6 and i clicked apply and it said restart I restarted and got a green screen saying your windows insider...
  3. Windows computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows computer won't boot up: Hello, I went into the system configuration and clicked boot menu and selected advanced options and clicked the box that sayed number of processors I changed from 1 to 6 and i clicked apply and it said restart I restarted and got a green screen saying your windows insider...
  4. Computer won't boot up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer won't boot up.: Friends computer was hacked, He had bank seal his accounts, no harm, hacker did something and computer will not boot up, Two technicians have not been able to fix it. Do any of those Thumb Drive repairs advertised on the internet work. They say they go in and remove viruses...
  5. Computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot up: So basically I am stuck on the choose an option screen. When I first start the pc I get a black screen all the way, but then I force shut down by holding the power button, and I get put on the infinite choose an option screen. When I check the bios my SSD and my hard drive...
  6. Computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot up: Hallo, I can't boot up anymore my laptop. It shows smart hard disk error. Otherwise if I continue to start my laptop it tries to repair itself. That goes on in a loop or the screen just stays on but nothing happens. I cant get into Bios advanced settings. Or boot the...
  7. Computer randomly shuts off, won't boot back up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer randomly shuts off, won't boot back up.: Ever since I installed the new update, my computer will randomly shut off, and it won't power back on. Sometimes it starts up only to shut down again immediately. Once I leave it for about a day, the cycle starts again. I'm able to use it for about 10 minutes, and then it...
  8. After doing a update and restart and forgetting about it for a day I came back to no...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After doing a update and restart and forgetting about it for a day I came back to no...: After doing a update and restart and forgetting about it for a day I came back to no display, so I restarted and these no nonsense characters show up. What the hell does this mean and what do i do to fix it. It freezes on this screen. I do have access to my boot menu but I...
  9. after an outage my computer with windows 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after an outage my computer with windows 10 won't boot up: I got home from work last night and my computer would not boot up after an outage of the area. When i turned it on it goes to a black screen shows the, the controller and patents it is covered by build and copyright client mac addr........ it gives me an error message...
  10. Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?: Hello & Thanks : Win 10 won't boot up after install updates . Well , not without entering F2/F12 setup . At set up I have to change boot device to dvd . Then change it again to boot device to hdd . Also , I get these updateHistory msgs: * "Failed to install"...