Windows 10: Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished

Discus and support Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to play around trying to change the target location of the desktop. Somehow, now I have ended up with two Desktop shortcuts on the Sidebar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShekharSharma3, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished

I was trying to play around trying to change the target location of the desktop. Somehow, now I have ended up with two Desktop shortcuts on the Sidebar with the Downloads shortcut vanished. My question is, how do I remove one of these Desktop shortcuts, and how do I add the Downloads shortcut back again?

Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished 7f2ed144-9bed-4f59-a4e9-69c39d0afe1e?upload=true.png

:)

ShekharSharma3, Apr 8, 2021
  2. davidhk Win User

Desktop Icons vanished

To : DrAS,

Just to elaborate what Berton has told you..........that you are on Tablet Mode.
    If it is what Berton has suggested, you can have your desktop back. Follow steps below................
    Bottom right next to Time, there is a notification icon > click it > click Tablet mode.
    You should have your desktop back.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 8, 2021
  3. DrAS Win User
    Desktop Icons vanished

Good evening

As of today without my apparent intervention:

1. Desktop icons have vanished (cannot right click on desktop)
    2. Taskbar icons have vanished (got them back as right-click works on taskbar)
    3. Cannot minimise window (browser, Outlook etc)

Is this an 'update' or have I carelessly altered something?

Many thanks

DrAS, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished

1. Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished - Similar Threads - Desktop icons under

2. Re-Order Icons in the "This PC" sidebar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-Order Icons in the "This PC" sidebar: The subject pretty much asks it all, there are some of the "This PC" folders that I use more than others and I'd like to move them to the top for easier and faster access. How do I do this?...
  3. Desktop Sidebar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Sidebar: I'm running W10 Pro V1909 (Build 18363.418) at the moment but plan to update to V20H2 (Build 19042) in a few days. Silly question. Since Microsoft doesn't support & has removed Desktop Gadgets from Windows, why are there still file references to the app? [img] 172114
  4. Quick Access Sidebar Vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Sidebar Vanished: Idk how. But my quick access sidebar is gone. How do I get it back? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-sidebar-vanished/4911a49b-65ba-4e4e-8720-52207153d12c
  5. Desktop Icons and Programs Vanish After Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons and Programs Vanish After Update: Hello Everyone, As the title suggests, I recently tried to complete a windows update. The update failed multiple times before it eventually applied. Once I restarted my pc, I noticed the boot time was considerably slower than usual as my main boot drive is from an SSD. In...
  6. Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.: I have plenty app icons on my desktop but they seem to have disappeared. This happens every time I boot my PC after installing the latest Windows update. If you need any more information feel free to request it - thanks. [IMG]...
  7. Desktop vanished

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop vanished: Hi Following updates yesterday the desktop has become unusable. I can't even right or left click on it when I select it. Also I am unable to minimise windows and if I have two files from the same program open (eg excel) it won't let me select the second file. I don't seem...
  8. Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC: Hello, I have recently discovered a problem under the 'This PC' heading. I seem to have two 'Documents' folders. However, one icon is the correct for Documents, and the other is the icon for the Pictures. Also, my Pictures folder has gone missing. [img] [img] I have...
  9. Desktop Icons vanished

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons vanished: Good evening As of today without my apparent intervention: 1. Desktop icons have vanished (cannot right click on desktop) 2. Taskbar icons have vanished (got them back as right-click works on taskbar) 3. Cannot minimise window (browser, Outlook etc) Is this an...
  10. Icons on the desktop under gadgets

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on the desktop under gadgets: When I upgraded to Win 10 I just couldn't give up my gadgets so I use a gadget program called "8gadgetpak" now it works fine but I also find that if I create a new file or copy a file to the desktop it invariably ends up behind one the the gadgets, its like Windows does not...