Windows 10: Two desktops. Want to remove one of them

Discus and support Two desktops. Want to remove one of them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have HUAWEI MateBook X. My problem is that I have TWO different desktops. So long story short, when I bought the laptop I had OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by radi424, Oct 23, 2019.

1. radi424 Win User

Two desktops. Want to remove one of them

Hello. I have HUAWEI MateBook X. My problem is that I have TWO different desktops. So long story short, when I bought the laptop I had OneDrive installed on it. I thought that the 2nd desktop was connected to it in order to transfer files to the cloud because the path to that Dekstop was containing OneDrive in it. Anyway, I have uninstalled OneDrive and another program called OneDrive player I guess with the hope of removing that second desktop, but this still did not happen.

I had Desktop folder in my Quick Access section and I had Desktop folder in my This PC section, both containing different files in it. The one that appears on my front screen is the on from the Quick Access one. I deleted the folder from there as well I still use it for my front screen. I will upload pictures of my current Desktop and the one that I want to use to see that it contains different files in it.

PICTURE

1 — imgbb.com

- - - Updated - - -

Basically I want to have only one Desktop. I want to delete one of the two

:)

radi424, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Removed icon from desktop screen how do i get it back.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• When you say “Support Assistant” are you referring to any program?
    • Did you remove or uninstall from the computer?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Go to Start.
    • Select all apps.
    • Check if the “Support assistant” is listed.
    • If listed Drag & drop to the desktop screen.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Two desktops. Want to remove one of them

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Two desktops. Want to remove one of them

1. Two desktops. Want to remove one of them - Similar Threads - desktops remove

2. I have some files on desktop that I just cannot remove. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have some files on desktop that I just cannot remove. What can I do?: I have some files on desktop that I just cannot remove. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-some-files-on-desktop-that-i-just-cannot/3817887e-8ee9-4ad6-9aa1-bc8c286e996d"
  3. Is there a way to remove the create new desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to remove the create new desktop shortcut: Hi, When gaming i sometimes fat finger and press ctrl + win + d at the same time and it creates a new desktop is there anyway to change / remove this shortcut thanks...
  4. Removing a file from my desktop

Removing a file from my desktop: a file has shown up on my desktop and it cannot be removed. file:///C:/Users/artte/OneDrive/Desktop/BETTEM~1.PDF Have no idea how it got there and unable to remove it. Any help appreciated...
  5. How to remove apps from desktop display at start up

How to remove apps from desktop display at start up: Hi, I used to have only a handful of items on my desktop, along with a customized photo. I tried to install the Amazon Assist app and everything changed up! I did not complete the install, but for some reason my apps are now being displayed, but not my regular icons. I also...
  6. Don't see my desktop folders; want to remove the tiles.

Don't see my desktop folders; want to remove the tiles.: Running Windows 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-see-my-desktop-folders-want-to-remove-the/f1c89c2d-a518-4fea-b80c-51e5c49c21db
  7. How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?: [img] ---------------- *I have already uncheck all except Recycle Bin in Desktop Icon Settings. [img] Thanks 139653
  8. removable Storage Devices folder on my desktop

removable Storage Devices folder on my desktop: How did this get there. I did not put it there and it will not go into the recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removable-storage-devices-folder-on-my-desktop/00abd931-0d9d-4507-8032-cee2b93f95e8
  9. icons missing on desktop and taskbar after removing OneDrive and ...

in Windows 10 Support
    icons missing on desktop and taskbar after removing OneDrive and ...: I uninstalled OneDrive earlier today, and it has turned out to be a BIG mistake. There are now no icons on my desktop except the Recycle Bin, and all icons have disappeared from my task bar except for the standard Microsoft apps (volume, battery, network etc.). A couple of...
  10. Can't save/copy to Desktop, Documents, Videos, Music or Pictures after removing Norton...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't save/copy to Desktop, Documents, Videos, Music or Pictures after removing Norton...: I recently bough an Acer laptop that came pre-installed with a free trial of Norton Security After uninstalling Norton Security I have lost write access to the Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music and Desktop folders. I've been trying to get support from Acer, Nortand and...