Windows 10: Two Desktops

Discus and support Two Desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Something very odd happened today. A new desktop appeared on my screen which was about 1 year old. The desktop I was using yesterday is saved on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nikwak, Oct 9, 2019.

1. nikwak Win User

Two Desktops

Something very odd happened today. A new desktop appeared on my screen which was about 1 year old. The desktop I was using yesterday is saved on OneDrive but how do I replace the old desktop with the one I was using yesterday? This is puzzling

I am using Windows 10 64bit Home

:)

nikwak, Oct 9, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 9, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Two Desktops

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Two Desktops

1. Two Desktops - Similar Threads - Desktops

2. sync folders between laptop and desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sync folders between laptop and desktop in Windows 10: How can I sync folders between my laptop and desktop in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-folders-between-laptop-and-desktop-in-windows/ea5b68ac-1676-49c9-8bf7-15f02fae9dcb
  3. Desktop won’t allow password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop won’t allow password: Desktop wont allow me to enter a password after booting up. It stays on the date and time screen. If i swipe withe the mouse or push buttons it move slightly like it is going to let me but doesn’t. I can see the pointer of the mouse on the screen. Any help would be great....
  4. Windows 10 is stuck as the desktop starts to open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is stuck as the desktop starts to open: Hi, First of all forgive my poor English as it's not my mother tongue... :) After "1903 update" failed many times I've installed it trough the "manual installation update". Since I've not been able to restart Win10 pro. I can log into my user's login but the desktop...
  5. Desktop website shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop website shortcuts: I have recently reset chrome due to a pesky pop up that wouldn't go away but unfortunately i forgot that most of the website shortcuts i created to the desktop only open to the default google search page now and some won't recreate at all, after doing some searching i found...
  6. Remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop: I just upgraded to Win 10 Pro so I could have remote desktop but I can't seem to connect. On the host computer I set the switch to ON (allowing remote access). I have tried connecting using computer name, IP address but nothing seems to work. I can remote with another app...
  7. Deleting multiple photos from a folder sometimes switches desktop background from "solid...

Deleting multiple photos from a folder sometimes switches desktop background from "solid...: I'm not sure how to replicate this, but it happens frequently yet seemingly randomly. I'm not sure if there is an accidental set of keys I'm pressing when I'm deleting the pictures, but basically, I open the folder, I use the mouse to highlight a bunch of pictures, then I hit...
  8. Windows 10 desktop icons become huge tiles on boot

Windows 10 desktop icons become huge tiles on boot: Hi folks, Running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, we've recently experienced a strange problem. Normally, icon size is set at SMALL, and this laptop has perhaps 30 or more icons on the desktop. On cold boot (power up) in the morning, for two mornings in a row, we've had the...
  9. Win 10 Desktop shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Desktop shuts down randomly: Hey guys, So a couple months ago my I got a VR headset and when playing games VR games on my computer it would shut off randomly. I figured that my computer was at some points just clipping and restarting. It didn't happen with all VR games and didn't happen all the time....
  10. Removing a file from my desktop

Removing a file from my desktop: a file has shown up on my desktop and it cannot be removed. file:///C:/Users/artte/OneDrive/Desktop/BETTEM~1.PDF Have no idea how it got there and unable to remove it. Any help appreciated...