Windows 10: Two Desktops

Discus and support Two Desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Something very odd happened today. A new desktop appeared on my screen which was about 1 year old. The desktop I was using yesterday is saved on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nikwak, Oct 9, 2019 at 6:22 PM.

1. nikwak Win User

Two Desktops

Something very odd happened today. A new desktop appeared on my screen which was about 1 year old. The desktop I was using yesterday is saved on OneDrive but how do I replace the old desktop with the one I was using yesterday? This is puzzling

I am using Windows 10 64bit Home

:)

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

4. Two Desktops

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:35 PM
Thema:

Two Desktops

1. Two Desktops - Similar Threads - Desktops

2. New Windows 10 Laptop start up shows me the windows start menu not desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Windows 10 Laptop start up shows me the windows start menu not desktop: I would like to open my laptop to desktop. Instead I get all the App tiles (I actually hate that) I have restarted I have rightclicked an empty space (no response) I have tried using the task bar to get there I work off of my desk top so 1. How do I open to desk top...
  3. Do more with your voice on blue screen on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Do more with your voice on blue screen on desktop: this popped up this morning on our desktop and because we could not get rid of it after several attempts, hit Accept. We now no longer have access.....please help, we are not interested in Cortana....
  4. Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?: Why are This PC folders like Documents or Pictures located in users/OneDrive folder as default location ? When I open the Documents folder properties, the target location is stored in users/.../OneDrive/Documents. Thank you [ATTACH]...
  5. Experiencing random crash when idle New Dell Desktop

Experiencing random crash when idle New Dell Desktop: I have a new Dell Optiplex 7060 desktop with 512GB SSD and 16GB RAM. It is randomly crashing several times a day with a generic 0x124 error code in the Memory Dump. The process name associated with the error is system. I have uninstalled three large applications (Adobe...
  6. Windows 10 1903 dwm.exe high cpu usage after remote desktop session disconnected

Windows 10 1903 dwm.exe high cpu usage after remote desktop session disconnected: When the remote desktop session ended, the Windows 10 CPU usage will jump to 25%-30%. The problem is caused by dwm.exe. If VMware server hosts many Windows 10 guests, it will cause VMware server runs in very high CPU level. In order to solve the problem, the schedule task...
  7. My desktop has had problem for 2 months help

My desktop has had problem for 2 months help: I'm fairly computer savvy have repaired many friends PC and have worked with Windows for 25+ years. Don't want to complain but I've been trying to fix this desktop for 2 months. Ever time I think it's repaired I find another problem. I will boot fine at times and other...
  8. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop Keyboard & Mouse go to sleep too often (and too quick...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop Keyboard & Mouse go to sleep too often (and too quick...: Hello. I have bought the bluetooth keyboard and mouse and have been having some issues on my PC. The motherboard is MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi. It has both a wifi and a bluetooth module built in. I have tried this so far: Go to Device Manager -> Bluetooth -> Intel...
  9. windows 10 pro taking screeshots of desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 pro taking screeshots of desktop: I have 3 screeshot of me typing a tweet, and they are all the same day, today, and all of them at exactly the same time. A hacker woulnd't do that, so what is causing this? I'm using temporarily ,on of those flexible roll-up keyboards called Omnitech till I get something...
  10. Sculpt ergonomic desktop set doesn't allow PC sleeping?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt ergonomic desktop set doesn't allow PC sleeping?: I have a Sculpt ergonomic desktop set including the 2 keyboard and mice, a very strange thing is if I unplug in the receiver, the system could go to sleeping status if there is no operation in 5 mins (set in power settings), but if I plug in the receiver, the system won’t go...