Windows 10: Two different colours for the Start panel background and taskbar

Discus and support Two different colours for the Start panel background and taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are a variety of beautiful background colours available for the Windows 10 Start screen but they shade the matched taskbar with an awful colour.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ineuw, Jul 29, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

Two different colours for the Start panel background and taskbar

There are a variety of beautiful background colours available for the Windows 10 Start screen but they shade the matched taskbar with an awful colour. Is there a way to alter the taskbar colour separately?

:)

ineuw, Jul 29, 2019

2. Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsTwo different colours for the Start panel background and taskbar :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 29, 2019
  3. DaHooch Win User
    Background change (to picture) results in a solid colour, not an image

As the title suggests I try to change my desktop background and it will not accept the image. It will simply put a solid colour there instead. I have tried from the settings panel and even from the image viewer. The image viewer results in an error and suggests I need to activate Windows. It is activated.

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

DaHooch, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Bluelion7 Win User

Notepad background and font colour

I am using Notepad to make 2 or 3 different sections (script in different blocks with a coloured background),I think they are called divs.How do I change the font colour and background colour in the divs?It previously worked in Codepen.Thank you

Bluelion7, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Two different colours for the Start panel background and taskbar - Similar Threads - different colours Start

2. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  3. Registry Value for windows background colour in control panel, appearance

Registry Value for windows background colour in control panel, appearance: I have changed the registry values for: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Windows once a time ago for black with value 0 0 0 ...... But this did not fit me precisely so changed it again to "255 255 255" which should give white colour, but the problem is...
  4. Windows 10 Program has a different colour background and font

Windows 10 Program has a different colour background and font: Hi, I just updated to the Windows 10 October 2020 update and noticed that one of my icons in the start menu does not follow the colour scheme of the rest of the programs. When I resize the image from "Medium" to "Small" it does display the correct background shade. I'm...
  5. change background colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change background colour: when I am doing a dark jigsaw, it is difficult to see when the background is also dark, I can't change the background colour because that command is not highlighted. how do I highlight, I have already uninstalled and re installed, does not see to work....
  6. Two different colours for the Start panel background and taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Two different colours for the Start panel background and taskbar: There are a variety of beautiful background colours available for the Windows 10 Start screen but they shade the matched taskbar with an awful colour. Is there a way to alter the taskbar colour separately? 137474
  7. Background colour inversion

Background colour inversion: Hi, my cat sat on my laptop and somehow turned on the High Contrast which caused the background colours to invert. I turned the high contrast off, but I still have a black background in the address bars, in the drop down menus and, most irritatingly, in Excel, which has a...
  8. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar colour: Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out. If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 135495
  9. Colours - Start, TaskBar and Action Centre

Colours - Start, TaskBar and Action Centre: The box to choose accent colour for Start, Task bar and Action Centre is greyed out. How can I make it selectable?[IMG][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colours-start-taskbar-and-action-centre/f63980bb-c5ae-4cb1-85a4-82623439acde
  10. Photos background colour?

Photos background colour?: Has Windows Photos background changed to white? I prefer the black background, is there a way to change it? 120248