Windows 10: two different phone/computers are linked to my computer

Discus and support two different phone/computers are linked to my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; C:\Users\Therese\Documents\Email attachments\LCSW BHOP Guam AFB posting.docx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThereseMcClane, May 24, 2019.

1. two different phone/computers are linked to my computer

C:\Users\Therese\Documents\Email attachments\LCSW BHOP Guam AFB posting.docx

:)

ThereseMcClane, May 24, 2019
  2. Tabvla Win User

Cannot see phone files on computer

SOLVED. It was a well-hidden setting to change the USB type.

I have a new phone running Android Oreo. I have taken a few test photos and a couple of test videos. Some have been saved to the phone's internal storage and some to an SD Card.

I have connected the phone to a W10 computer using the USB cable supplied with the phone. Windows identifies the phone correctly and automatically installs the driver and the phone is then correctly listed in Explorer. If I click on the phone in Explorer, Windows displays a message "No files on this device" and consequently the file section of the Explorer window is empty. The phone displays that it is being charged from the USB port. Therefore it would seem that both Windows and the phone are reporting that the USB connection is working as expected.

My previous phone was a Windows phone and as expected the phone worked seamlessly with Windows computers. I am still finding my way around Android so I may have missed something obvious. The instruction in the phone User Guide is simply to "......connect the phone to the Windows computer using the supplied USB cable and after installing the drivers the files and folders on your phone will be accessible.....".

Well that does not seem to be quite correct....*Sad

Thanks for any suggestions.

T.

Tabvla, May 24, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, May 24, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

two different phone/computers are linked to my computer

Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, May 24, 2019
Thema:

two different phone/computers are linked to my computer

1. two different phone/computers are linked to my computer - Similar Threads - different phone computers

2. Phone Link is Crashing my Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link is Crashing my Computer: The phone link app is causing a fatal error in my computer's operating system when the phone rings. Instant blue screen of death. Does anyone have a suggestion or experiencing the same problem?...
  3. Phone Link is Crashing my Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link is Crashing my Computer: The phone link app is causing a fatal error in my computer's operating system when the phone rings. Instant blue screen of death. Does anyone have a suggestion or experiencing the same problem?...
  4. desktop on two different computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop on two different computers: I don't know if this is the right group to be asking this or if this is a Office 365 question.I have windows 10 on my main computer and on a laptop that I use to run a powerpoint presentation. Both are connected to my Microsoft account to enable me to use word, power point,...
  5. desktop on two different computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop on two different computers: I don't know if this is the right group to be asking this or if this is a Office 365 question.I have windows 10 on my main computer and on a laptop that I use to run a powerpoint presentation. Both are connected to my Microsoft account to enable me to use word, power point,...
  6. desktop on two different computers

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Two Computers, Different Versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Computers, Different Versions: Hi! I have two computers in the Windows Insider Program. Both of them have been upgraded to Windows 11, but apparently different versions. COMPUTER 1: Lenovo Desktop AIO, A12 Processor, Windows Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 22478.rs_prerelease.211008-1414.COMPUETR 2:...
  8. Different Passwords for Two Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Passwords for Two Computers: I recently changed the password to my Microsoft Account, which I use to sign into my desktop computer. I have it set to sync across all devices. However, whenever I log into my laptop computer, I need to put in the old password. Yet, it shows I'm signed into my Microsoft...
  9. Accounts cross linked two different phones

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accounts cross linked two different phones: This has to get fixed 5 year now I've been dealing with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accounts-cross-linked-two-different-phones/972278bc-5310-46ba-8d19-4a98fe14450e"
  10. Link up two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Link up two computers: II have a new laptop and need to link them but although both are on the same router / network neitther "sees" the other. Help!BASIC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-up-two-computers/15c55028-ee1c-46f2-a13d-07aed5a92e45