Windows 10: Two different PowerShell font settings...

Discus and support Two different PowerShell font settings... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I open PowerShell from the Start Menu (or pinned app), it opens with font size 14 and Consolas... if I open it from Shift+right-click on a folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by witefoda, Feb 15, 2021.

1. witefoda Win User

Two different PowerShell font settings...

If I open PowerShell from the Start Menu (or pinned app), it opens with font size 14 and Consolas... if I open it from Shift+right-click on a folder (or while in a folder), it opens with font size 16 and Lucida Console. Changing these settings stays with them. I don't know why they're different... it's the same app, right?!

Two different PowerShell font settings... [​IMG]

I notice at the top of the Properties box, the "paths" are different... the one opened from Start or Taskbar says "Windows PowerShell", and the one opened from the folder says "C:\Windows\System32\WIndowsPowerShell\v1.0\PowerS...". The other Properties tabs don't tell me exactly which file is being used.

Can somebody enlighten me on why they're different and if it's possible or a good idea to try to make them the same?! I don't think I need or want two different PowerShell apps on my Windows, and I want the one from right-click to be the same as the one from Start Menu. I'm so confused.

:)

witefoda, Feb 15, 2021
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 15, 2021
  3. ChenryLee Win User
    Powershell Console Font Settings

There's a question troubling me.

Before Windows 10 RedStone, I made a configuration:

In the shortcut of Powershell, I set the encoding to 437, and font to Source Code Pro ( I like this font), and in the profile file ($PROFILE), I set the encoding to 936.

[System.Console]::OutputEncoding=[System.Text.Encoding]::GetEncoding(936)

After starting Powershell console, the font was Source Code Pro.

After upgrading to Windows 10 RedStone, I didn't make change to these settings, but the font change to other, not the font I set.

I want to use Source Code Pro and Encoding 936, How should I do?

Thank you.

ChenryLee, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Two different PowerShell font settings... - Similar Threads - different PowerShell font

2. Using two separate microphones with different settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using two separate microphones with different settings?: I have my Shure SM7B and a Logiteh C920. Sometimes, I will want to make the C920 microphone as bad as I can possibly make it I think it would be pretty funny in a call with friends, but I want my Shure to stay with its default settings. I have a stream deck that I can use to...
  3. Using two separate microphones with different settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using two separate microphones with different settings?: I have my Shure SM7B and a Logiteh C920. Sometimes, I will want to make the C920 microphone as bad as I can possibly make it I think it would be pretty funny in a call with friends, but I want my Shure to stay with its default settings. I have a stream deck that I can use to...
  4. Different $Env:Path on Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different $Env:Path on Powershell: Depending on how I start Powershell the $Env:Path variable is different. Opening from Start is different from the File Explorer context menu Terminal here.Is this by design?vs...
  5. Different $Env:Path on Powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different $Env:Path on Powershell: Depending on how I start Powershell the $Env:Path variable is different. Opening from Start is different from the File Explorer context menu Terminal here.Is this by design?vs...
  6. Setting two different passwords for same account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting two different passwords for same account?: I'm not sure what it's actually called, but the best I can describe it is that there is one profile, and one password will open it with all the files and apps, but a different password will open it with restricted access (can only see/access certain files and apps). Is this...
  7. Why are the fonts different in these two images?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are the fonts different in these two images?: The pic with the locked "Data" NTFS drive is mine. Other pic (with the SD cards and network drives) is someone else's from this sub although I don't remember who. Why do the fonts appear different in these two images? What can I do to make mine look more like the other...
  8. Two printers with different settings is not being used

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two printers with different settings is not being used: Hi I have two printer, the only different is that one is set to portrait mode, and the other is landscape mode. Portrait mode printer is the default printer, and when trying to print to landscape printer, then portrait mode is used. I have to change the orientation in the...
  9. Two product keys received from two different powershell scripts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two product keys received from two different powershell scripts: I just wanted clarification on the difference between these two product keys, and which one represents which. If I run this script powershell "(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey" I get a product key, but if I use this...
  10. Different kinds of Powershell?

in Windows 10 Support
    Different kinds of Powershell?: I've recently used Powershell, but there appear to be several different versions of this utility. Some of them work--some of them merely report not being able to find something or call up something else. For instance, when I call up Powershell from an elevated command prompt,...