Windows 10: Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook.

Discus and support Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This started about three days ago and is consistent with Microsoft Edge and hit or miss with Firefox, except that Firefox has the option to accept the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by EyeInTheSky, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook.

This started about three days ago and is consistent with Microsoft Edge and hit or miss with Firefox, except that Firefox has the option to accept the risk and continue on to sign-in. Both browsers are fully up to date but the funny thing is, my smart phone uses the same Wi-Fi router and has no problems with Outlook mail.

The Outlook mail is the free version, but I doubt it is of any significance due to the nature of a "Common Name Invalid" certificate problem on the Edge browser and a "Bad Domain" certificate problem as reported by Firefox.

What is going on here? I have been reading that it is because the website administrator of Outlook mail has failed to update SSL certificates, but if that were true, I wouldn't be able to use the mail program on the smart phone either. Does this have anything to do with the SolarWinds hack?

For grins and giggles, here are the screenshots of the two different outcomes on the two different browsers.

The first is a Microsoft Edge screenshot and the other two are the Firefox outcome screens. See how the Common Name Invalid Error is the bad certificate in the first screenshot of Microsoft Edge and the Bad Domain Error is the bad certificate in Firefox on the last two screenshots?

The difference is, Firefox will let you accept the risk and Microsoft Edge will absolutely not let you continue on.

Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook. Microsoft-Outlook-Mail.jpg

Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook. Fire-Fox-Outlook-Mail.jpg

Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook. Fire-Fox-accept-the-risk.jpg

Any insight would be greatly appreciated and my version of Windows 10 is fully up to date as well as listed under my Avatar.

Thanks!

:)

EyeInTheSky, Feb 15, 2021

2. Difference in browser?

Hello,

I've created a webpage, which is meant to be viewed from the browser of nokia N-series browsers. This webpage contains a small google map. I have two nokia n82 for testing. The webpage works perfectly on one, but on the other one the maps just display blue
    or nothing.

I have checked all the settings for the browsers and checked that the phones have same firmware installed. I can't see the difference between the two phones. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- Christine, student at University of Bergen.

chrispinius, Feb 15, 2021
  3. SBYH Win User
    Making accounts in Outlook look different

Thanks for the reply! I should add: that's kind of a deal-breaker and I will have to stop using Outlook at home. The risk of confusing work email with personal is too high, especially when you consider that our fiends at MS and Google make sure that all
    contacts (work, personal, unknown) are available - undistinguished - in one contacts list whether you like it or not.

Don't like browser versions. You would think MS could set up Outlook to at least assign different color schemes even it it's arbitrary.

4. Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook.

Difference in browser?

Hey, thanks for suggestions.

Tried installing Flash Lite from adobe, just to test. But made no difference.

The phones have same operator, but different sim-card. I'm using the same internett-connection on both phones. Will try to take screenshots so I can show you how the map looks.

chrispinius, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook.

1. Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook. - Similar Threads - different problems reported

2. Two separate users on two different drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  3. Two separate users on two different drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  4. Different theme wallpapers on two different monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different theme wallpapers on two different monitors: When I select a theme on my computer, it makes the background the same picture on both of my two monitors.Before, it would show different backgrounds on the two monitors two different pictures, but now it just duplicates the image on the second screen, so it's the same...
  5. Two PCs but two different internet speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two PCs but two different internet speeds: I get on about 450Mbps on my several Dell Windows 10 PCs. However, one of my Dell PCs is running Windows 7. The speed on it is about 8Mbps. All of the PCs are networked via Cat5 cables. My iPhones see about 100Mbps wireless of course.So is it Windows 7 that causes the...
  6. Different device times on two different computers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different device times on two different computers: Hello, I have my daughter set up on our family account. She has a PC for gaming and a laptop for school work. I am trying to set device limits and from what I can see I can only set up windows 10 limits and they go for both devices. Is there a way to set up certain times...
  7. Different devices times on two different computers

Different devices times on two different computers: Hello, I have my daughter set up on our family account. She has a PC for gaming and a laptop for school work. I am trying to set device limits and from what I can see I can only set up windows 10 limits and they go for both devices. Is there a way to set up certain times...
  8. Problem with two different BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with two different BSODs: hey there, I just recently bought a used computer Lenovo Legion Model: 80WK00F9US from amazon, and from the first time I turned it on, before finishing setting up windows, I ran into a BSOD. Since then I managed to finish install windows. The two different texts I get at the...
  9. Two users, two different environments on a laptop

Two users, two different environments on a laptop: Likely a newbie question... I don't have a laptop so I can't check right now. Windows 10 x64 Pro two users. Is it possible to have two environments / desktops (maybe something like admin and guest?) on a laptop? which desktop showing up depending on the login credentials?...
  10. Two (little) different BSOD in two days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two (little) different BSOD in two days.: Hi, Two (little) different BSOD in two days. The first yesterday while I was not using the PC (but many apps open), I heard him restart. I checked the memory, no problem. I checked all my drives, no problem, I installed the latest AMD drivers and today I got the second...