Windows 10: Two different Windows 10 PCs - identical consistent lockup?

Discus and support Two different Windows 10 PCs - identical consistent lockup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'll keep this simple: I've been plagued for about two years now with lock ups on waking. Intermittent - sporasic, infrequent - not every wake, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DannyG13, Jun 21, 2020.

1. DannyG13 Win User

Two different Windows 10 PCs - identical consistent lockup?

I'll keep this simple:

I've been plagued for about two years now with lock ups on waking. Intermittent - sporasic, infrequent - not every wake, but always lurking in the background ready to pounce. The style of the freeze has varied a little, but whereas before I puzzled over it being a faulty component, I now have a 100% new PC with 100% different components and it still gives the same issue. Basically freezes immediately on wake, doesn't turn monitor on and all peripherals are frozen.

So it isn't hardware.

Which leaves Windows itself.

Or an app.

Is sleep/wake a huge known issue on Windows 10? I just didn't have these problems on 7.

I'm not sure what I'm actually asking for here, I'm just so frustrated that this has gone on 24 months. On two completely different PCs.

Advice please.

:)

DannyG13, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Two different Windows 10 PCs - identical consistent lockup? - Similar Threads - different PCs identical

2. Two PCs but two different internet speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two PCs but two different internet speeds: I get on about 450Mbps on my several Dell Windows 10 PCs. However, one of my Dell PCs is running Windows 7. The speed on it is about 8Mbps. All of the PCs are networked via Cat5 cables. My iPhones see about 100Mbps wireless of course.So is it Windows 7 that causes the...
  3. Stuttering and Hitching on two different PCs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering and Hitching on two different PCs: So this is particularly prevalent in games, there’s an intermittent stutter like a dropped frame or two, it’s driving me mad - what’s worse is I’m encountering it on two different rigs.1st rig: Ryzen 5 5600X, 16GB 3000MHz, 3060Ti 8GB, NVME SSD2nd rig: Ryzen 9 5800H, 16GB...
  4. Different speeds for two identical USB sticks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Different speeds for two identical USB sticks: A few months ago I bought a set of 2 SanDisk Ultra 32GB USB3 sticks, one red, one blue (easier to reference that way). They're plugged in to two USB3 ports via 1 metre USB3 cables. For some reason they transfer at different speeds. The blue one transfers 35-40MB/sec, the red...
  5. Two identical machines, 10 second boot time difference

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Two identical machines, 10 second boot time difference: I have two identical MSI GT80 SLI machines, configured identically hardware wise and software wise also. Well, there is one difference, one has lower bandwidth RAM than the other. 17000 vs 19200. Both have 32GB. Latest-greatest 10 obviously. Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 2TB is the...
  6. File explorer "Group by name" acts differently on almost identical PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer "Group by name" acts differently on almost identical PCs: Two PC, both Windows 10, both latest version. Actually the 2nd computer is sort-of cloned, Windows was installed using MediaCreationTool20H2 created on PC 1. So one would expect to see the same if the same folder on portable HDD is opened. But there is a strange difference...
  7. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.: Hello guys. Please help me with a guidance, how to properly do such process: Conditions: I got my Microsoft Account, with one desktop device on it main PC and a Windows Home LicenseOEM. I am buying a new PC for my second location in my country. I do not want to make...
  8. Sync Windows 10 files on 2 identical Pcs

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Windows 10 files on 2 identical Pcs: I have a live Dell Optiplex PC and a identical back-up PC both with identical Windows 10 operating systems (version 1909) and configurations. Both PCs have identical applications loaded and share the same ethernet internet connection, they also both have Wifi enabled. Just...
  9. Two Identical Computers / Different Available Disk Space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Two Identical Computers / Different Available Disk Space: My company is test driving Intel Nuc Mini PCs to power digital sign boards. The two I have currently is for testing - if it works out well, we'll buy more. Anyhow, out of the box, I installed the 300+ updates. The SSD is only 32GB so I had to connect a USB drive to download...
  10. Two PCs with Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two PCs with Windows 10: This is probably a silly and obvious question but I want to double check. On the main PC we all sign in with ms accounts, my user acc (admin), my wife (standard) and our son (child acc). But as its a desktop we want to also get a cheaper laptop that's a bit more mobile around...