Windows 10: Two dimensional interface harder to interpret?

Discus and support Two dimensional interface harder to interpret? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone else feel that the "new" (old?) two-dimensional feel of Windows 10 makes it a bit harder to interpret where one window ends and another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Oct 11, 2015.

1. THX1138 Win User

Two dimensional interface harder to interpret?

Does anyone else feel that the "new" (old?) two-dimensional feel of Windows 10 makes it a bit harder to interpret where one window ends and another begins when there are multiple windows/dialogues stacked on top of each other?

:)

THX1138, Oct 11, 2015
  2. peavey68 Win User

Windows 10 theme settings

I feel the same way. There's no dimension to windows 10 at all. It seems like at least the graphics would be better and not so two dimensional . It's just so disappointing. Maybe they'll come up with solution and hopefully soon !

peavey68, Oct 11, 2015
  3. N900 Games for download ported/non-ported

Do you like Super Mario Bros?

here is

SuperTux 2

Jump 'n' Run. SuperTux is a free, open source two-dimensional platform game. The game was originally created by Bill Kendrick and is maintained by the SuperTux Development Team.

open xterm

sudo gainroot

apt-get install supertux2

ceroberts75, Oct 11, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Yeah Windows 10 is pretty 'white' by default! *Wink
    Search the tutorials for 'Add Windows Colored Borders'

Edwin, Oct 11, 2015
  5. THX1138 Win User
    Thanks. That was pretty quick and easy to install and greatly improves the distinction between windows but it doesn't look as good as Windows 7 used to. Will this work with Windows 10?

THX1138, Oct 11, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    I ended up having problems with that one!
    This one works well in Build 10240 only.

http://www.glass8.eu/download.html

Two dimensional interface harder to interpret? [​IMG]

On the installer, check only the third option if your running a theme such as thick borders, as in the following screen shot:

Edwin, Oct 11, 2015
  7. THX1138 Win User
    Thanks. As it so happens 10240 is the build of Win 10 I have! Does that mean when it automatically updates at some point in the future things may go awry?

THX1138, Oct 11, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

Possibly, but the developer keeps working on it as well.
    It may be just a matter of re-installing it.

(If you can swing it, drop the developer a few well deserved Euro's if you like it, that will remove the watermark from your desktop.)

Edwin, Oct 11, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    .. you can also make the inactive borders a different colour/shade from the active window border (which I find essential) using the tweak tool offered on Aeroglass's site http://www.glass8.eu/download.html

.. and you can add drop shadows (with an exception for ApplicationFrameHost.exe) with Y'z Shadow.

dalchina, Oct 11, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    You really can't decipher between windows?

Two monitors > 4 snapped on the 27" (left) > 2 snapped on a 17" (right)

And why would we want to use up valuable screen real estate with borders?

Tony K, Oct 11, 2015
  11. dalchina New Member
    I certainly really struggled with Windows 10 initially- white on white.. and where did the titlebar end and the rest begin in some cases? With overlaid Windows with no discrimination, no border, I made mistakes. Fixing that - once I'd got over some CPU use issues and delayed delivery of my graphics driver- became a priority. And I'm only using a 15.6" screen.

Anyway.. hey, it's a personal decision... MS shouldn't force us one way or another, and leave us the option so we have the choice.

A worse situation to handle is the glaring off-white backgrounds most are forced to use (again the settings used to be there in the GUI but removed). It takes a little techy determination to fix that properly.

Previously I would always reduce the border width to a few pixels. That control now seems to have gone (and I mean via a 3rd party utility which worked initially in Win 10) as the relevant GUI was removed in Win 8.

dalchina, Oct 11, 2015
  12. XweAponX Win User
    Yah AeroGlass pretty much solved this issue for me. I always use a Personalization theme that generates Automatic Colors for the taskbar and window borders, it does not really work without Glass. Also I found out, if you use any Windows 8 Themes, it will maintain all of the settings for that theme including how long the wallpaper stays. If you had 10 seconds set, it changes after 10 seconds in Windows 10. The settings for Automatic Color and desktop slideshow time are ridiculously hidden from Windows 10 users. You are totally at the mercy of whatever desktop Theme you use. I used to create my own themes for Windows 7 and 8, can't do that so much under Windows 10.

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Two dimensional interface harder to interpret? - Similar Threads - dimensional interface harder

2. SFC details interpretation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC details interpretation: What it means?Info CSI 00000006 [SR] Verifying 100 components 2023-02-18 11:49:27, Info CSI 00000007 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction 2023-02-18 11:49:27, Info CSI 00000008 [SR] Verify complete 2023-02-18 11:49:28, Info CSI 00000009 [SR] Verifying 100 components...
  3. SFC details interpretation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SFC details interpretation: What it means?Info CSI 00000006 [SR] Verifying 100 components 2023-02-18 11:49:27, Info CSI 00000007 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction 2023-02-18 11:49:27, Info CSI 00000008 [SR] Verify complete 2023-02-18 11:49:28, Info CSI 00000009 [SR] Verifying 100 components...
  4. Connecting to the internet got harder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to the internet got harder: Hello! My network got broken, so there is a new network in my house, but if I connect to it, explorer crashes and it sometimes connects but most likely it won't. Could someone try to fix this? This only happens on my backup internet....
  5. Connecting to the internet got harder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to the internet got harder: Hello! My network got broken, so there is a new network in my house, but if I connect to it, explorer crashes and it sometimes connects but most likely it won't. Could someone try to fix this? This only happens on my backup internet....
  6. Connecting to the internet got harder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Interpreting SetupErr.Log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Interpreting SetupErr.Log: Have attempted to update Windows 10 to insider preview 19h1. The setuperr.log was accessed, showing loads of errors. I need help in interpreting the errors. Below is the setuperr.log _______________________________________________________ 2019-03-01 13:21:43, Error...
  8. setuperr.log Interpretation

setuperr.log Interpretation: I've been trying to update my laptop to Windows 10 pro 1809 from 1803 without success, and have attempted just about all suggestions found online to fix this. The end result is always the same, getting error code 0x800704B8 - 0x3001A (The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT...
  9. setuperr.log Interpretation

setuperr.log Interpretation: I've been trying to update my laptop to Windows 10 pro 1809 from 1803 without success, and have attempted just about all suggestions found online to fix this. The end result is always the same, getting error code 0x800704B8 - 0x3001A (The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT...
  10. Two interfaces, one VPN - how to access the internet via the other interface?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two interfaces, one VPN - how to access the internet via the other interface?: I would like to know how to configure my laptop so one interface uses the VPN and the wireless interface bypasses the VPN and connects to the internet. At the moment the only way I am able to do this is with VM software, e.g. VMware, but looking for a solution that does not...