Windows 10: Two-display setup, scaling not working properly

Discus and support Two-display setup, scaling not working properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two displays, one with 3840x2160 resolution(main one) and one with 2560x1080 resolution(secondary one). They are set to 150% scaling and 100%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vento_of_the_Front, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Two-display setup, scaling not working properly

I have two displays, one with 3840x2160 resolution(main one) and one with 2560x1080 resolution(secondary one). They are set to 150% scaling and 100% scaling respectively, so effectively my main display shows everything as if its resolution was 2560x1440.

And here comes weird part - some of apps are working fine, like Chrome, Firefox, Steam, Blender and so on, BUT there are some that refuse to scale adaptively while being moved from one display to another - they are getting launched with main display resolution and won't change it no matter what happens, thus looking blurry on second display(2560x1080). Same thing happens if I change main display.

Some of the apps can be "fixed" via Compatibility tab/High DPI settings by setting scaling to "System(Extended)"(not sure how this setting is named in English language pack), but it only fixes the way the app scales on secondary display, while making it a bit blurry on main display. Also not all apps have this tab - VS2017 for example, as well as Windows Explorer(file manager).

Example screenshot

Is it somehow possible to fix?

submitted by /u/Vento_of_the_Front
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vento_of_the_Front, Dec 26, 2020

2. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 26, 2020
  3. BKnight Win User
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor.

Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor) to 120 and keep my Asus VG248 (second monitor) to 100? If I do that the custom scaling spans across both monitors. However if I set the scaling to an option in the drop-down box (125%, 150%,175%, 200%, 225%) it works properly.

I'd like to set a lesser value than 125 for the HP Omen since that value is too large for my liking.

Two-display setup, scaling not working properly [​IMG]

BKnight, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Two-display setup, scaling not working properly

Display scaling

Hi,

This issue with display scaling can be caused by an outdated display driver.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest updating your display driver directly from the manufacturer's website.

You can also refer to this article for more information on how to update the driver on Windows 10.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Arjay Dom, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Two-display setup, scaling not working properly

1. Two-display setup, scaling not working properly - Similar Threads - display setup scaling

2. Display not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display not working properly: My laptop display worked perfectly using hdd, but when im using ssd it just goes black screen.When i connected it to externay displayon hdd it display both laptop screen and external, i tried to switch back to ssd but my laptop screen didn't work it's just displaying the...
  3. Display not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display not working properly: My laptop display worked perfectly using hdd, but when im using ssd it just goes black screen.When i connected it to externay displayon hdd it display both laptop screen and external, i tried to switch back to ssd but my laptop screen didn't work it's just displaying the...
  4. Display not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows setup not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows setup not working properly: I had some problems with my laptop such as critical process died and couldn’t even get out of the blue screen so I decided to do a clean installation of windows 11 with a disc image but I cant get past this stage of windows setup any advice how I can fix this?...
  6. Windows setup not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows setup not working properly: I had some problems with my laptop such as critical process died and couldn’t even get out of the blue screen so I decided to do a clean installation of windows 11 with a disc image but I cant get past this stage of windows setup any advice how I can fix this?...
  7. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?: Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor. Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor)...
  8. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?: Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor. Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor)...
  9. Icons don't display at their proper scales?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons don't display at their proper scales?: So you know the file/program icons on the taskbar, desktop, start menu, or in the file explorer? Ever noticed they don't always display properly? What I mean is, an .ico file contains multiple images at different resolutions so that the icon can be displayed at any scale and...
  10. Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution: Hi, Windows perfectly remembers each screen resolution based on the display setup used. When I use my Surface on the Dock, I use the Surfaces Screen as 2nd Monitor. My primary screen is 1920x1200 and I need to use it with 100% scaling. The surface is 2736x1824 and I...