Windows 10: Two Drives w/ Windows, Only One Shown In Bios

Discus and support Two Drives w/ Windows, Only One Shown In Bios in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC uses a 1TB NVMe SSD and a 2TB SATA HDD. While trying to fix an unknown driver error on my SSD, I skillfully found a way to corrupt the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cmhandler, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Two Drives w/ Windows, Only One Shown In Bios

My PC uses a 1TB NVMe SSD and a 2TB SATA HDD. While trying to fix an unknown driver error on my SSD, I skillfully found a way to corrupt the Windows install I had on both drives and make neither bootable. I became frustrated and took my PC to a repair shop and paid $150 to have each drive ($75 per drive) totally wiped with a fresh Windows install. I use my HDD as a backup but wanted to have Windows on it to make it bootable in case I brick my SSD again.

The next day, I got my PC back home, boot it up and go straight to BIOS to see only one bootable drive, my SSD. The other is detected but not in the boot menu. A bit perturbed, I go through a normal boot and get the option to select a volume. The repair shop made it so that each drive appears as a volume, and with each boot I have to select which to boot to. This checks the boxes for what I asked for but it’s not exactly what I wanted.

I’m not trying to corrupt my Windows install or brick my drives again, so if it’s super involved I will likely keep everything as is. But if anyone has a way to walk me through setting each drive so I can see both in BIOS, set which drive to boot to by default, and keep the other visible in the BIOS menu and capable of being booted to, it would be fantastically appreciated.

For reference, my motherboard is an Asus Z390-A Prime, my HDD is connected via SATA, and my NVMe drive is in the M.2_2 slot.

submitted by /u/cmhandler
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cmhandler, Dec 28, 2020

2. Drives shown twice in Explorer

Thank you very much for the response:

It may be as you suggested, but not in this case.

But, you can also see that two of the drives W and Z are not seen in the second group of listed drives.

And there is also a RAM Disk with drive letter as 'A". This is also not seen.

And there are no external drives or pen drives attached to the system.

Anyway the problem is solves bay action as suggested in the link you suggested by you

with best regards

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Dec 28, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Two Drives w/ Windows, Only One Shown In Bios

little cat, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Two Drives w/ Windows, Only One Shown In Bios

1. Two Drives w/ Windows, Only One Shown In Bios - Similar Threads - Drives Shown Bios

2. only one drive of two will share on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    only one drive of two will share on LAN: We have a pc running Win 10 that has one C drive and two more drives D and E . D and E have identical sharing permission settings and D can be accessed from the the other PCs on the LAN. E, however, gives a 'you do not have permission to access\\PC\e Contact your network...
  3. only one drive of two will share on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only one drive of two will share on LAN: We have a pc running Win 10 that has one C drive and two more drives D and E . D and E have identical sharing permission settings and D can be accessed from the the other PCs on the LAN. E, however, gives a 'you do not have permission to access\\PC\e Contact your network...
  4. only one drive of two will share on LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Two One Drive Accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two One Drive Accounts?: My Android phone links to a One Drive that is full. My computer to another with 1 TB of space. How do I link my phone to the right account - not the full one. Pictures back up is stalled because One Drive appears to be full - but actually has lots of room....
  6. Two One Drive Accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two One Drive Accounts?: My Android phone links to a One Drive that is full. My computer to another with 1 TB of space. How do I link my phone to the right account - not the full one. Pictures back up is stalled because One Drive appears to be full - but actually has lots of room....
  7. Two administrators, only want one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two administrators, only want one: I deleted the Windows.old folder and ever since when I log in my login page has an added administrator account along with my normal login/administrator. Can I just delete the new administrator and move on, or is this a deeper problem? Thanks 142361
  8. Two One Drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two One Drives?: Just got a Windows tablet and everything is working pretty well. BUT Went to copy some files from One Drive that I had just sent from my desktop specifically for that purpose. When I logged into One Drive from the tablet it showed a whole different set of files than those I...
  9. There are two user accounts shown in Windows C: drive but one of them does not appear in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    There are two user accounts shown in Windows C: drive but one of them does not appear in...: Under Users in the Windows C: drive, there are 4 users listed: Default, Karen, kwsta, and Public. The "Default" is mostly empty as is "Karen", and most of my data is in "kwsta". In Control Panel and Settings both, only a user (administrator) account with my full name appears....
  10. Only one of two optical drives recognised by W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only one of two optical drives recognised by W10: HI, still checking out changes but most obvious is loss one of my drives. can anybody advise how to locate? 13296