Windows 10: Two entries for same file in Explorer

Discus and support Two entries for same file in Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why are there two entries for my X: drive in Explorer? Tank you. [img] 157485 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bluewind, May 31, 2020.

1. Bluewind Win User

Two entries for same file in Explorer

Why are there two entries for my X: drive in Explorer?

Tank you.

Two entries for same file in Explorer [​IMG]

:)

Bluewind, May 31, 2020

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Two entries for same file in Explorer [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, May 31, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, May 31, 2020
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Two entries for same file in Explorer - Similar Threads - entries same file

2. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?: I'm trying to open a few file explorers on the same windows and have them separated by tabs, so instead of showing 4 differents windows when I hover over the icon at the bottom, it will show only one, when I click and open it, it will show me the most recent one and 4...
  3. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?: I'm trying to open a few file explorers on the same windows and have them separated by tabs, so instead of showing 4 differents windows when I hover over the icon at the bottom, it will show only one, when I click and open it, it will show me the most recent one and 4...
  4. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  6. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  7. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

8. Two entries in Explorer for Onedrive

Two entries in Explorer for Onedrive: Explorer shows two instances of Onedrive. They are not duplicates of each other. How do I "merge" into one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-entries-in-explorer-for-onedrive/0782fde1-cb16-436c-8e00-93235a2e4df0"
  9. two drives in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    two drives in File Explorer: I hope I filed this problem in the right forum. I installed a new external drive for backup. It appears twice in file explorer but one seems to be under c: and the other is further to the left and in the column like network would appear. both have the same data in them and I...
  10. two pane file explorer ?

two pane file explorer ?: Back when I was using a Vista computer, I found a nice two pane file/windows explorer program. Does such a thing exist for Win 10 ? Thanks. 43952