Windows 10: Two ESENT event errors happening several times a day??

Discus and support Two ESENT event errors happening several times a day?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Since Nov. 15 I have seen two ESENT errors (Event 490 and Event 454) every day ... sometimes two or three times a day listed in my Event Viewer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 2harts4ever, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Two ESENT event errors happening several times a day??

Hi,
    Since Nov. 15 I have seen two ESENT errors (Event 490 and Event 454) every day ... sometimes two or three times a day listed in my Event Viewer. I have googled the daylights out of it and still come up empty ... at least for my computer 'expertise' (meaning 'or lack of') ...lol.

For the record I am using an All-In-One HP Pavilion 23-g017c (x64) AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, running Windows 10, Version 1607, version 14393.447, using the Edge Browser while utilizing Windows Firewall and Windows Defender as my major security programs.

Event 490 says: taskhostw (3324) WebCacheLocal: An attempt to open the file "C:\Users\harts\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log" for read / write access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ". The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

Event 454 says: taskhostw (3324) WebCacheLocal: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -1032.

Both appear at the same time usually about 8-10 minutes after booting up and then anywhere between two to four hours later.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Nov 25, 2016

2. Computer Freezes

Update: This may not be entirely an ESENT problem. Looking at my event viewer, I'm not seeing enough errors. During the typing of this post it has frozen three times, but there is no ESENT error logged during this period, nor really any error I can find
    in the event viewer.

ErikHouse1, Nov 25, 2016
  3. dquinnTR Win User
    my screen flickers when ESENT and windows security auditing works

Occasionally my laptop's screen flickers. Every time it flickers I check the windows event log and I see two things at the exact time of screen flickering. 1. ESENT event id 916 2. Windows security auditing event id 4624 and event id 4672 . Sometimes it
    flickers only once, sometimes two or three times consecutively. However reverse is not true, when these two events happen in the background my screen does not flicker every time. Although this does not cause any problem other than occasional annoyance, i'd
    like to know if there is any solution.

dquinnTR, Nov 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Two ESENT event errors happening several times a day??

If it only happens with the Edge Browser, then stop using the Edge Browser.

bro67, Nov 25, 2016
  5. WEN
    wen Win User
    EVERY TIME I backup (Macrium Reflect 6.2) I always get one error in Macrium Log: ESENT 642 wuaung.dll

6. Hi bro67,

I appreciate your response but I was hoping someone could help me solve the problem without having to change Browsers since Edge appears to be Microsoft's Browser for the future.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Nov 25, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    As I stated before, if it happens when you use the Edge Browser, stop using it and use either Chrome or Firefox.

There is no way of fixing Microsoft's mess that they have made of Windows 10, unless you want to install Windows 7 or use something like Linux Mint.

Microsoft keeps redoing Windows 10 in an attempt to make it appear to be fresh. Instead they keep putting too much buggy code in the OS, thus causing these kind of problems.

bro67, Nov 26, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

That problem goes back to Windows 7. It is related to Windows Update. Not much that you can do, since it is becoming more common to see 10 puking up errors. I would probably dial back to Windows 7 and make sure that Macrium is up to date.

bro67, Nov 26, 2016
  9. You are the only of a few people who answer the question(s)
    Bravo!

If not for you, the computing world would be a more confusing place.
    I disabled and blocked in firewall almost all Microsoft apps that I don't use.
    I thought that was why I was getting error messages. Wish it would just say that.

Thank you.

BellaDonna, Dec 1, 2016
  10. SoFine409 Win User
    After doing a bit of research it appears that the WebCache is being corrupted. You might want to scan your PC with Malewarebytes Free to see if you've picked up a PUP. Here is where I found some info although you've probably already looked here:
    Eventvwr reporting Webcache problems Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

SoFine409, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Two ESENT event errors happening several times a day?? - Similar Threads - ESENT event errors

2. BSOD several times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD several times a day: My HP ENVY 15 is hitting a BSOD several times a day:https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qmng712ojjoxhw/log.txt?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/aveu0tehbhdapxe/dump.dml?dl=0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-several-times-a-day/30cb9f6c-136f-4ed7-a8a8-339df70b7e13
  3. BSOD Several Times A Day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Several Times A Day: Hello, I am getting BSOD errors several times per day, seemingly at random. This has been going on for about a month now. It started around the time of some Windows updates but I don't know if that is related.The last 5 minidump files are here:...
  4. EVENT ERROR 476 ESENT 40,000 times a day.

EVENT ERROR 476 ESENT 40,000 times a day.: Hi, I'm seeing this error at a rate of between 20,000 and 40,000 times a day. It is occurring during the day, during the night - at every moment of the day and night. The basic information given is: Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 5/04/2020...
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR happening several times a day

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR happening several times a day: Windows 10 ver 1909 A few days ago, I installed another sil1334 PCI SATA card into my machine. I already have one as well as a PCI-E SATA card so this is the 3rd. Shortly after installation I started getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSODs and assumed the card was the issue...
  6. ESENT error in event log

ESENT error in event log: Can someone please explain the following event log error svchost 5776,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log -1023 (0xfffffc01) Thanks Russell...
  7. Blue Screen Happening Several Times a Day

Blue Screen Happening Several Times a Day: Hey, Recently my Computer has been Blue Screening several times a day, ever since I did some windows updates. I have uploaded the dump files to one drive and was wondering if someone could give me some insight into what might be causing the problem? Thanks Sam...
  8. BSOD several times a day.

BSOD several times a day.: I really need help looking at the mini dumps that are being created for my BSOD. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-several-times-a-day/7898bcfe-ea03-452b-a6bd-9c2fc6ac8b02
  9. ESENT errors in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ESENT errors in Event Viewer: Not sure if this is the right place, so please move it/me if I'm misplaced. I recently re-installed W10, and used Kari's tutorial to help me move the Users folder to a partition on another disk, using the sysprep routine. This is a list of W10s Environment variables...
  10. Database error logged to events several times a day

in Windows 10 Support
    Database error logged to events several times a day: Description: FCB::Open failed: Could not open file C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA\People_Gifts_Data.mdf for file number 1. OS error: 2(The system cannot find the file specified.). Description: BACKUP failed to complete the command...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 WebCacheLocal: Database Recovery/restore failed 1907

2. sysprep spartan.edb write access failed

3. ESENT errors in edge?

4. Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed error code is See Tracelogging for error details. Macrium log,
  5. microsoft zune.video taking long time to write esnet error,
  6. ESENT 490 windows10 event WebCacheLocal 0xfffffbf8 sysprep