Windows 10: Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN

Discus and support Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I've got an interesting question for you guys: I'd like to be able to place a computer inside a VPN protected network for me to access.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R. Taylor Garlock, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN

Hey Guys,

I've got an interesting question for you guys:

I'd like to be able to place a computer inside a VPN protected network for me to access. This is easy and will be no problem. I would also like to remote desktop into this computer so that I can run specific software to communicate with devices that are on a separate, different LAN.
    I have never tried to communicate with two LAN cards on one Windows machine. I am curious to know how I could do this, and also if the VPN software the corporation uses then matters.

Since this is sort of a networking question, I can also provide some networking details if necessary. The second LAN will have it's own router handling the network, and this is a network that I "own" and can control. The VPN is the corporate side of the network, which I have access to, but I cannot change anything and I am further given only one IP address on this corporate network.

I have full access to the VPN network, and I have used it before so I know it works, but I don't know how I could "remote desktop" into a computer through the VPN, and then control software which is connected to (I hope) a second separate network.

Let me know if you need any more info!

Thanks.

:)

R. Taylor Garlock, Nov 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 DNS-Server order when connected via LAN and establishing a VPN Connection

Hi Gil,

the internet Service Provider can't help me. It's Windows 10 related. Everytime when I establish a connection with Ethernet (LAN) to a network (does no matter which ISP), i get an IP and I can surf in the internet. But when I establish an VPN connection
    on that Ethernet Connection, then my DNS will be set to the Ethernet Connection DNS-Server NOT to the VPN-Connection DNS-Server.

In this scenario my VPN-Connection gets a higher Metric as my Ethernet ( Cable bound LAN) connection.

Lan-Connection (Ethernet) Metric 5

VPN-Connection Metric 15

When I establish a WIFI connection to the same Router I can surf in the Internet. Then I establish an VPN-Connection an the DNS-Server will be set to the VPN-Connection configured DNS-Server.

In this scenario my VPN-Connection gets a lower Metric as my Wifi connection.

Wifi-Connection Metric 35

VPN-Connection Metric 25

Both Connections are preferred. So the connection with the better Metric wins.

It's not related to the ISP. He has nothing to do with the "automatic" Metric setting in my Windows 10 Client.

Thomas Voß, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Nov 6, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN :D

P4-630, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN

1. Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN - Similar Threads - Ethernet Connections Simultaneous

2. Can't connect to vpn and wi-fi simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to vpn and wi-fi simultaneously: Hello.I messed up my network settings and now I can't connect vpn and wi-fi simultaneously in my PC windows 10. When I try to connect the vpn I get an error message saying "A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You need to change the network settings...
  3. Can't connect to vpn and wi-fi simultaneously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to vpn and wi-fi simultaneously: Hello.I messed up my network settings and now I can't connect vpn and wi-fi simultaneously in my PC windows 10. When I try to connect the vpn I get an error message saying "A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You need to change the network settings...
  4. Can't connect to vpn and wi-fi simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BUFFERING PROBLEMS WITH LAN ETHERNET CONNECTION

BUFFERING PROBLEMS WITH LAN ETHERNET CONNECTION: I got a new PC totally ensembled and all was great, until one day Youtube, Netflix and Disney+ videos, and some pages as Edx start to slow loading, the videos only reproduce in low quality and the pages take ages to load. At the beginning I found some upgrade of Win11 was...
  6. Can't enable two ethernet adapters simultaneously

Can't enable two ethernet adapters simultaneously: Hello,I want to use two Ethernet adapters, two physical network cards simultaneously. On the picture below the Ethernet 3 adapter is a network card connected to my ISP.The Ethernet adapter displaying there is no cable connected although there is a cable is my second network...
  7. Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously

Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously: Hello Community - I am experiencing something that I am unsure is an issue or Windows 10 networking working as intended. What I need to do is to connect to the Internet home Wi-Fi network using the onboard wireless NIC Wi-Fi and at the same time, connect to a hardware device...
  8. Ethernet lan not connected

Ethernet lan not connected: [ATTACH] How to fix it? Window 10 pro 2004. I follow every instruction from youtube & other website . But i cannot fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-lan-not-connected/bcb343ec-8d43-471d-b461-455143f017ed
  9. Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously: Hello All, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet. I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections. I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for...
  10. Two Ethernet Connections

Two Ethernet Connections: Yesterday I upgraded my powerline adapters to 1200 models and I now get gigabit speeds on my local network. I have an onboard killer nic chip and a gigabit nic card. I am wondering if its possible to re-purpose the nic card so that its dedicated for something like http...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. two simultaneous vpn connections

2. simultaneous connections on wifi and ethernet and vpn

3. 2 ethernet connections one on vpn