Windows 10: Two-finger scroll isn't working

Discus and support Two-finger scroll isn't working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed the system updates for Windows 10 last night, and it changed many of the settings pertaining to the touchpad. I have followed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColeOlson1, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Two-finger scroll isn't working

I installed the system updates for Windows 10 last night, and it changed many of the settings pertaining to the touchpad. I have followed the instructions of multiple videos and forums, but I haven't been able to find a solution.

1 solution tells me to open the control panel, go to Hardware and Sound, then click on mouse under device and printers, then find and click on the device management tab to enable two finger scroll... only problem is the device management tab doesn't exist.

the 2nd solution tells me to go into my settings, locate the touchpad settings, then scroll down to two finger scroll and enable it... that option doesn't exist for me though.

The 3rd option tells me to change the mouse scheme to something else... that didn't do anything.

The 4th solution is to roll back the touchpad driver, which I did and had no effect.

The final was to update the driver, but there was none available.

Some help would be greatly appreciated, it is very irritating to have to scroll with the side-bar. Thanks!

:)

ColeOlson1, Apr 9, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support für XPS 15Z L511Z | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Two-finger scroll isn't working

Two-finger scroll does not work after installing Windows 10

Hello there,

No, it did not work - surprise surprise. It is extremely annoying and makes me want to just go back to Windows 7.

I did all the steps offered in your link, also when those didnt work, I even manually set the compatibility and still no two finger scrolling. Still, there is no device in the mouse device list. More suggestions? If not, I am just going back to something
    that works. Another disappointment from Windows.

Monika

MonikaHlubinova, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Two-finger scroll isn't working

1. Two-finger scroll isn't working - Similar Threads - finger scroll isn't

2. Two Finger Scroll Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two Finger Scroll Not Working: I am using a Toshiba Tecra A11 running windows 10 pro. When I try and use the two-finger scroll it doesn't work and when I try and troubleshoot it I don't receive the same settings as what I see on the online forums explaining it. I don't have an option to enable finger...
  3. Two Finger Scroll Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Finger Scroll Not Working: I am using a Toshiba Tecra A11 running windows 10 pro. When I try and use the two-finger scroll it doesn't work and when I try and troubleshoot it I don't receive the same settings as what I see on the online forums explaining it. I don't have an option to enable finger...
  4. Two Finger Scroll Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  6. two finger scroll wont work

two finger scroll wont work: ive tried to fix this issue many times with all the methods I found on this forum and different websites but they never worked, I have an Asus rog gl552vw if that helps, I've do not know how to uninstall a driver without uninstalling the touchpad if that would help...
  7. Two finger scrolling not working.

Two finger scrolling not working.: Suddenly two finger scrolling function has stopped working on my HP Laptop. The rest of the touchpad is working fine but the scrolling is not happening. I looked over the internet and there were multiple solutions offered. However, I was not able to use them. The details are...
  8. two finger scroll

two finger scroll: Hi I'm having trouble trying to fix my scrolling but the setting people tell me to use I don't have them. The two finger scroll settings is supposed to be in touchpad setting but it's not[ATTACH]...
  9. Two finger scrolling not working

Two finger scrolling not working: Two finger scrolling worked just fine but then I noticed it stopped suddenly. I saw the touch pad settings and it says 2 fingers to scroll but I do that and it wont scroll. I have a brand new hp spectre x360 13. I'm not sure if me scrolling with my finger messed it up....
  10. two finger scrolling not working

two finger scrolling not working: So I haven't used my PC in a long time, so I boot it up and find out that I can't scroll using 2 fingers. There is no "device settings" tab in the mouse and options menu, so can anyone help?...