Windows 10: Two finger scroll not responding sometimes

Discus and support Two finger scroll not responding sometimes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had bought an Asus X509FJ laptop a few days ago.The two finger scrolling works fine like 99% of the time.But sometimes,it does not respond to me for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bami1999, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Bami1999 Win User

Two finger scroll not responding sometimes

I had bought an Asus X509FJ laptop a few days ago.The two finger scrolling works fine like 99% of the time.But sometimes,it does not respond to me for a few seconds.

:)

Bami1999, Aug 2, 2020

2. Cannot disable two finger scrolling

Touchpad driver: Synaptics Pointing Device from Lenovo (version 19.0.17.115, September 19, 2016)

PC: Thinkpad W520

Steps to reproduce:

1. Navigate to additional mouse options.

Two finger scroll not responding sometimes zDEgr.png

1. Navigate to TouchPad Properties.

Two finger scroll not responding sometimes lGdhr.png

1. Ensure that two finger scrolling is disabled.

Two finger scroll not responding sometimes i5aq9.png

As you can see from the last screenshot, two finger scrolling is disabled on my system, yet the touch-pad still begins to scroll when I have two fingers placed on it. It's jarring and irritating and I'm not used to it at all.

Strangely enough, the setting seems to stick when I open UltraNav settings and close it. But two finger scrolling returns after a restart. I don't know if this is an issue with a driver or my configuration of Windows 10...

I've tried the following:

1. Rolling back the driver, which didn't resolve the issue.
    2. Deleting the driver and re-installing it via Windows update and from Lenovo's website. Also didn't resolve the issue.

Does anyone have a permanent fix, like maybe a registry edit that completely disables all additional touch-pad gestures like this one?

UnityLauncherProblems, Aug 2, 2020
  3. How to disable tap to click/enable two fingers to scroll on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to check if Synaptics driver are installed to the latest version. If the Synaptics touchpad driver isn’t installed, go to the manufacturer’s website and install the latest drivers.

• Once installed, type
      Change Mouse Settings
      in the search bar, change the Search filter to
      Settings to see the Mouse settings entry in search result, and then press enter key to open Mouse Properties dialog.

• Switch to the Device Settings tab. Please note that Device Settings tab appears only if the touchpad driver is installed on your PC.

• Under Devices, select Synaptics TouchPad and then click
      Settings to open Properties for Synaptics TouchPad.

• On the left-side, expand
      MultiFinger Gestures
      , check Two-Finger Scrolling option and then click Apply button.

NOTE: To change the default behaviour of two-finger scrolling, select Two-Finger Scrolling option and then click the Settings icon next to it.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 2, 2020
  4. dferron Win User

Two Finger Horizontal Scroll Not Working

Recently upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1. No issues with scrolling vertical or horizontal in 8.1. No issues with vertical in Win 10.. The issue seems to only apply to MSN.com pages in Edge, IE, and Chrome. When I zoom a page horizontal scroll doesn't work,
    but the scroll bar does. I have tried other apps including Word/Excel 2003, zoomed, and scrolled just fine. Also, tried Amazon, QVC, Celebrity Cruises, and eBay, and they all respond with horizontal two finger scroll.

I have and ASUS laptop with touch screen using their Smart Gesture software. ASUS wants me to send my laptop through Recover. That really isn't an option I view as a solution.

Didn't find a topic that really applied ... so it is "other"

Comments or solutions??

EDIT: Just ran through a few more trials on the MSN.com. Periodically, the horizontal scroll bar is missing after a two finger zoom, and as before the finger scroll does not work. Sometimes the scroll bar is not retract enough so that you could use the
    bar to see the rest of the page. I have had two occasions where the two finger scroll worked, closed Edge or IE and back to not working. Could this be an ASUS issue? I wouldn't think so, because it only seems to occur from the MSN.com page.

Not sure if this additional helps or just muddies the water. Two finger scroll not responding sometimes ;)

dferron, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Two finger scroll not responding sometimes - Similar Threads - finger scroll responding

2. Two Finger Scroll Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Finger Scroll Not Working: I am using a Toshiba Tecra A11 running windows 10 pro. When I try and use the two-finger scroll it doesn't work and when I try and troubleshoot it I don't receive the same settings as what I see on the online forums explaining it. I don't have an option to enable finger...
  3. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  4. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  5. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. No two finger scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    No two finger scroll: After installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after getting it back from a computer repairman, I do not have the options or the choice to select two finger scroll. Why do I not have the option to use two finger scroll? My laptop doesn't have the original factory motherboard...
  7. two finger scroll

two finger scroll: Hi I'm having trouble trying to fix my scrolling but the setting people tell me to use I don't have them. The two finger scroll settings is supposed to be in touchpad setting but it's not[ATTACH]...
  8. Two Finger Scrolling.

Two Finger Scrolling.: Two finger scrolling option didn't show in my windows10. Please help me. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-finger-scrolling/1890bdac-a9a6-4680-925f-4d059f0aaaa0
  9. Two finger scrolling not working

Two finger scrolling not working: Two finger scrolling worked just fine but then I noticed it stopped suddenly. I saw the touch pad settings and it says 2 fingers to scroll but I do that and it wont scroll. I have a brand new hp spectre x360 13. I'm not sure if me scrolling with my finger messed it up....
  10. Two finger scrolling

Two finger scrolling: Ok so my two finger scrolling is somehow disabled on this new laptop I got. It was used before but idk how it got disabled...please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/two-finger-scrolling/acee641a-42b3-4e8d-99c4-5d2a3ae91cd0