Windows 10: Two finger scrolling not working after windows 1903 update

Discus and support Two finger scrolling not working after windows 1903 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a lenovo ideapad 510 with ELAN touchpad driver installed. Two finger scrolling doesn't work in the start menu but works everywhere else i.e.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by linkaditya, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Two finger scrolling not working after windows 1903 update

I have a lenovo ideapad 510 with ELAN touchpad driver installed. Two finger scrolling doesn't work in the start menu but works everywhere else i.e. file explorer, various apps, control panel, etc.

I have already tried installing the manufacturer provided pointing device driver but to no avail. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling driver. Updating driver. Even reinstalling 1903 update using media creation tool but to no avail. Please suggest some remedy.

:)

linkaditya, Jun 8, 2019

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support for XPS 15Z L511Z | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Two-finger scroll does not work after installing Windows 10

Hello there,

No, it did not work - surprise surprise. It is extremely annoying and makes me want to just go back to Windows 7.

I did all the steps offered in your link, also when those didnt work, I even manually set the compatibility and still no two finger scrolling. Still, there is no device in the mouse device list. More suggestions? If not, I am just going back to something
    that works. Another disappointment from Windows.

Monika

MonikaHlubinova, Jun 8, 2019
  4. oommgg Win User

Two finger scrolling not working after windows 1903 update

two finger scroll stopped working

Original Title: two finger scroll

on 7-30-16 an automatic update for ASUS installed....once again my two finger scroll stopped working. Read through and tried solutions posted after the windows 10 upgrade issue with same problem. Nothing I tried works, under 'mouses' ELAN body is blank,
    so I cant even repair it. Clicked on ELAN in 'programs' to see if it could repair, no button! Clicked on help links, found nothing but sales stuff for ELAN.

ASUS touchpad or smart gesture not even listed in my programs list.

I can't figure it out, did a system restore (this update was NOT listed on 'latest updates' to uninstall from there) and the touchpad was back to normal.....for a few minutes, until it auto installed again....grrrr.......

Help please!

oommgg, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Two finger scrolling not working after windows 1903 update

1. Two finger scrolling not working after windows 1903 update - Similar Threads - finger scrolling working

2. Two Finger Scroll Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two Finger Scroll Not Working: I am using a Toshiba Tecra A11 running windows 10 pro. When I try and use the two-finger scroll it doesn't work and when I try and troubleshoot it I don't receive the same settings as what I see on the online forums explaining it. I don't have an option to enable finger...
  3. Two Finger Scroll Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Finger Scroll Not Working: I am using a Toshiba Tecra A11 running windows 10 pro. When I try and use the two-finger scroll it doesn't work and when I try and troubleshoot it I don't receive the same settings as what I see on the online forums explaining it. I don't have an option to enable finger...
  4. Two Finger Scroll Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  6. No two finger scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    No two finger scroll: After installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after getting it back from a computer repairman, I do not have the options or the choice to select two finger scroll. Why do I not have the option to use two finger scroll? My laptop doesn't have the original factory motherboard...
  7. Two finger scrolling not working.

Two finger scrolling not working.: Suddenly two finger scrolling function has stopped working on my HP Laptop. The rest of the touchpad is working fine but the scrolling is not happening. I looked over the internet and there were multiple solutions offered. However, I was not able to use them. The details are...
  8. two finger scroll

two finger scroll: Hi I'm having trouble trying to fix my scrolling but the setting people tell me to use I don't have them. The two finger scroll settings is supposed to be in touchpad setting but it's not[ATTACH]...
  9. Two finger scrolling not working

Two finger scrolling not working: Two finger scrolling worked just fine but then I noticed it stopped suddenly. I saw the touch pad settings and it says 2 fingers to scroll but I do that and it wont scroll. I have a brand new hp spectre x360 13. I'm not sure if me scrolling with my finger messed it up....
  10. two finger scrolling not working

two finger scrolling not working: So I haven't used my PC in a long time, so I boot it up and find out that I can't scroll using 2 fingers. There is no "device settings" tab in the mouse and options menu, so can anyone help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 presition touchpad

2. Two finger scrolling not working after windows 1903 update

3. unable to scroll start menu in windows 10 1903 update

4. i cant scroll the start menu using touchpad in 1903,
  5. hp stream touchpad not working after windows update,
  6. touchpad finger scroll stopped working dell,
  7. Sorry I cant find settings for scrolling with two finger can you show it to me,
  8. three finger scroll not working,
  9. lenovo s510p keyboard not working on window 1903,
  10. cant scroll photos app windows 1903,
  11. elan touchpad not working windows 10 1903,
  12. two finger scroll not working in windows 10 start menu after 1903 update,
  13. cant invert scroll hp windows 1903,
  14. scrolling stops in start menu in windows afetr update,
  15. not able to scroll with two fingers in windows 10 version 1903