Windows 10: Two finger scrolling on the new edge is half functioning?

Discus and support Two finger scrolling on the new edge is half functioning? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try to 2 finger scroll in edge, the mouse disappears, it moves up/down, and then the right click menu appears. This doesn't happen with any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheRogueTemplar, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Two finger scrolling on the new edge is half functioning?

When I try to 2 finger scroll in edge, the mouse disappears, it moves up/down, and then the right click menu appears.

This doesn't happen with any other app.

submitted by /u/TheRogueTemplar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheRogueTemplar, Jan 28, 2020

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support für XPS 15Z L511Z | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?

Meanwhile you may try the steps listed below to enable chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling functionality:

Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to this
    link.

• Press ‘Win+R’ keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box:
      REGEDIT

This will open the Registry editor for you.
    • Navigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls\03TabScroll
    • Locate the keys ‘4OneFEdgeScrollChiralInfo Text’ and
      ‘4OneFEdgeScrollChiralCheckBox’.
    • On the right pane, change the value data for Visibility of both to
      ‘0’.
    • Exit REGEDIT and check if the option is available under scroll tab now.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Two finger scrolling on the new edge is half functioning?

Can't scroll with 2 fingers after upgrades to Windows 10

Hi Dan,

• What do mean by unable to scroll with 2 fingers?
    • Are you using a mouse with the device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried?
    Please revert with answers so that we can diagnose and provide steps.

Vinod Archak, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Two finger scrolling on the new edge is half functioning?

1. Two finger scrolling on the new edge is half functioning? - Similar Threads - finger scrolling edge

2. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  3. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  4. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No two finger scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    No two finger scroll: After installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after getting it back from a computer repairman, I do not have the options or the choice to select two finger scroll. Why do I not have the option to use two finger scroll? My laptop doesn't have the original factory motherboard...
  6. two finger scroll

two finger scroll: Hi I'm having trouble trying to fix my scrolling but the setting people tell me to use I don't have them. The two finger scroll settings is supposed to be in touchpad setting but it's not[ATTACH]...
  7. Two Finger Scrolling.

Two Finger Scrolling.: Two finger scrolling option didn't show in my windows10. Please help me. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-finger-scrolling/1890bdac-a9a6-4680-925f-4d059f0aaaa0
  8. Two finger scrolling not working

Two finger scrolling not working: Two finger scrolling worked just fine but then I noticed it stopped suddenly. I saw the touch pad settings and it says 2 fingers to scroll but I do that and it wont scroll. I have a brand new hp spectre x360 13. I'm not sure if me scrolling with my finger messed it up....
  9. Two finger scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two finger scrolling issue: I am unable to use two fingers to scroll on my computer running Windows 10. It won’t let me select anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-finger-scrolling-issue/24106588-17fa-41d8-806e-7454dbacb8da
  10. Two finger scrolling

Two finger scrolling: Ok so my two finger scrolling is somehow disabled on this new laptop I got. It was used before but idk how it got disabled...please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/two-finger-scrolling/acee641a-42b3-4e8d-99c4-5d2a3ae91cd0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. two finger scroll not working in edge