Windows 10: Two finger scrolling

Discus and support Two finger scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so my two finger scrolling is somehow disabled on this new laptop I got. It was used before but idk how it got disabled...please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NikoSandberg, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Two finger scrolling

Ok so my two finger scrolling is somehow disabled on this new laptop I got. It was used before but idk how it got disabled...please help!

:)

NikoSandberg, Sep 28, 2018

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Can't scroll with 2 fingers after upgrades to Windows 10

Hi Dan,

• What do mean by unable to scroll with 2 fingers?
    • Are you using a mouse with the device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried?
    Please revert with answers so that we can diagnose and provide steps.

Vinod Archak, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Two finger scrolling

How to activate one finger scroll Asus

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused, but I would like to rectify stating that you need the uncheck the box
    Two-Finger Scrolling option specified in the post above.

I suggest that you re-try the steps mentioned in the above post and uncheck the finger scroll option.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Two finger scrolling

1. Two finger scrolling - Similar Threads - finger scrolling

2. 2 Fingers scroll not working since last week after installing the Microsoft updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Fingers scroll not working since last week after installing the Microsoft updates: I always use the 2 Finger scroll on my touchpad and for some reason it's no longer working. I'm using an external mouse now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-fingers-scroll-not-working-since-last-week-after/dfe42c49-7d20-4c92-97b2-730ca175d66a
  3. 2 Fingers scroll not working since last week after installing the Microsoft updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Fingers scroll not working since last week after installing the Microsoft updates: I always use the 2 Finger scroll on my touchpad and for some reason it's no longer working. I'm using an external mouse now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-fingers-scroll-not-working-since-last-week-after/dfe42c49-7d20-4c92-97b2-730ca175d66a
  4. My 2 finger scroll is currently not working, any ideas to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2 finger scroll is currently not working, any ideas to fix it?: My scroll does work on a regular mouse but on my laptop touchpad the 2 finger scroll currently doesn't work for whatever reason. I've tried to update the drivers, they are up to date. The last time it happened I just had to update my pc but this time I see no resolution. I am...
  5. My 2 finger scroll is currently not working, any ideas to fix it?

My 2 finger scroll is currently not working, any ideas to fix it?: My scroll does work on a regular mouse but on my laptop touchpad the 2 finger scroll currently doesn't work for whatever reason. I've tried to update the drivers, they are up to date. The last time it happened I just had to update my pc but this time I see no resolution. I am...
  6. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad, finger scroll activation: hello, I have by mistake uninstall the support functions for the mice, and I am unable to use the finger scroll on the touchpad, would you please support me to install it back and activate the function? thanks!...
  7. touchpad, finger scroll activation

touchpad, finger scroll activation: hello, I have by mistake uninstall the support functions for the mice, and I am unable to use the finger scroll on the touchpad, would you please support me to install it back and activate the function? thanks!...
  8. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. 2 finger scroll does not have my windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 finger scroll does not have my windows 11: my windows 11 does not have 2 finger scroll, so i can not enable itplease help mekindest regards<3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-finger-scroll-does-not-have-my-windows-11/eff99911-58d8-4ab8-8f43-91aa50762ce0
  10. 2 finger scroll does not have my windows 11

2 finger scroll does not have my windows 11: my windows 11 does not have 2 finger scroll, so i can not enable itplease help mekindest regards<3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-finger-scroll-does-not-have-my-windows-11/eff99911-58d8-4ab8-8f43-91aa50762ce0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. two finger scrolling

2. two finger scroll

3. two-finger scrolling

4. 2 finger scrolling,
  5. two finger scrollx,
  6. twofinger scroll,
  7. two finger scroll not working,
  8. two-finger scroll,
  9. windows 7 two finger scroll,
  10. windows two finger scrolling,
  11. when i tried to use two fingers on my laptop scteen two dots appeared,