Windows 10: Two flash drive showing up yet only one inside the computer

Discus and support Two flash drive showing up yet only one inside the computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 16GB Lexar flash drive. But when I stick it in the machine two different drives pop up in file explorer! I have tried to format both of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wizardkoala, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Two flash drive showing up yet only one inside the computer

I have a 16GB Lexar flash drive. But when I stick it in the machine two different drives pop up in file explorer! I have tried to format both of the drives and check for a driver updates, but to no avail. Help would be appropriated thanks. PS: in device manager only one device is in the list under disc drives, don't know if this helps but there ya go.

:)

Wizardkoala, Nov 14, 2018

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Two flash drive showing up yet only one inside the computer partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Missing flash drive in My Computer listing

My computer listing is just showing 2 of 3 flash drives currently inserted. This happens only sporadically... so is it the full moon?

SUPER-DavidThomas, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Two flash drive showing up yet only one inside the computer

USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Two flash drive showing up yet only one inside the computer

1. Two flash drive showing up yet only one inside the computer - Similar Threads - flash drive showing

2. Flash Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Drive not showing up: I connected a flash drive recently and it connects to my computer and makes the connecting noise, but doesn't show up in file explorer. the disk management utility also shows the drive, but I can't access it....
  3. Flash Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Drive not showing up: I connected a flash drive recently and it connects to my computer and makes the connecting noise, but doesn't show up in file explorer. the disk management utility also shows the drive, but I can't access it....
  4. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  5. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  6. TWO WindowsImageBackups...only ONE shows up to restore from

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TWO WindowsImageBackups...only ONE shows up to restore from: I created a system image of my pc on 12/7/19 after i ran all of my scans, I saved it to an external hard drive. Later my pc started acting very odd, so odd that it would not even reset!, After many days of frustration, i finally got it to reset with some files intact, using...
  7. One Drive on two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive on two computers: How does One Drive handle two computers on same MS acct? I'm mainly switching to my new computer #2 so would like to transfer files, but want to keep #1 for occasional use. Right now One Drive on computer 2 (the new one) shows the Documents folder from computer 1, with...
  8. Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up...

Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up...: A few days ago, I installed a new SSD to run Windows 10 on. I kept the existing drive in too. I installed Windows 10 onto the new SSD and it runs beautifully and I used the old drive as storage. However, following a problem, I had to reformat the SSD and reinstalled...
  9. USB Flash Drive not showing up in my computer.

USB Flash Drive not showing up in my computer.: HI. So yesterday I was working from a USB flash drive when it suddenly stopped working. In trying to see what the problem was I tried many different methods that included going through the device manager (Which knows there's a USB plugged in and says works fine but still...
  10. one drive on two computers: one nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    one drive on two computers: one nothing: and now there is a new error: Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022