Windows 10: Two folder items line/row, how do I get rid of one?

Discus and support Two folder items line/row, how do I get rid of one? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, this is my very first post on Reddit! My question is, as it's stated in the title, how do I get rid of one of the useless rows at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BandurMeyer, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Two folder items line/row, how do I get rid of one?

Two folder items line/row, how do I get rid of one? uS4pEvQa8UVk2DWPXkdvZMbQWj0p-eJizwrP4TBx5vc.jpg

Hello, this is my very first post on Reddit!

My question is, as it's stated in the title, how do I get rid of one of the useless rows at the bottom of any folder? 1 states enough information for me and frankly, I have no clue on how I have two of the same thing. I've looked on many places, even tried to check pictures on Google but I couldn't find anything remotely similar to my problem.

So please, if anyone has a solution to my problem share it with me, I'll thank you with all my heart <3

https://preview.redd.it/dj8eqysh7v1...bp&s=054bed27ffb79e201f072e1bfcfe023f7a6b0648

submitted by /u/BandurMeyer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BandurMeyer, Nov 27, 2020

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Two folder items line/row, how do I get rid of one? :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

Thank you for the tip. I cleared those two folders (AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestinations) and restarted, as you suggested. This did clear all of my jump lists, as expected. However, upon opening 15-20 documents, I see that I can still only get 12 items in the Jump Lists (both on the taskbar and Start menu).

I am connected to a domain, but I don't think that's the issue, or it would have overwritten the JumpListItems_Maximum value based on some Group Policy. No, it's just ignoring it. There must be another value somewhere that's overriding it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions. This is really killing my productivity.

GranitStatColin, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Two folder items line/row, how do I get rid of one?

the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Two folder items line/row, how do I get rid of one?

1. Two folder items line/row, how do I get rid of one? - Similar Threads - folder items line

2. How do I get rid of the lines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the lines?: What does this mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-lines/f1be42d5-af10-4a87-b220-a99a325ba9de
  3. How do I get rid of the lines?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the lines?: What does this mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-lines/f1be42d5-af10-4a87-b220-a99a325ba9de
  4. How do I get rid of the lines?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I get rid of these folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of these folders?: This is Windows 11 problem. OneDrive is showing multiple folders that will not let me get rid of them. When I click to open, if shows an error that the folder isn't there anymore. How do I get rid of these folders?...
  6. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?: I have two sign-in options, but I want to get rid of one of them to only have one option. Please be aware that under "netplwiz" there is only ONE account listed, and that is "Option 1". All options are administrators me. I am the only one that uses my PC.Option 1: Can use a...
  7. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?: I have two sign-in options, but I want to get rid of one of them to only have one option. Please be aware that under "netplwiz" there is only ONE account listed, and that is "Option 1". All options are administrators me. I am the only one that uses my PC.Option 1: Can use a...
  8. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How do I get rid of this white line when I move an item on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of this white line when I move an item on my desktop?: I'm not sure how to rid of the white line when I move files. The white line is around the middle of the image. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-white-line-when-i-move-an/4d7cae33-778d-469f-9db3-477341c76747
  10. Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ToguRefa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2kozs/start_menu_folders_with_one_item_inside_how_do_i/