Windows 10: Two folders of the same name in the same folder

Discus and support Two folders of the same name in the same folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Could someone please help me to understand if there is any problems with this. By accident, I just discovered one of my folders has two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ffrree, Dec 20, 2020.

1. ffrree Win User

Two folders of the same name in the same folder

Hi All,

Could someone please help me to understand if there is any problems with this.

By accident, I just discovered one of my folders has two subfolders which are of exactly the same name, though their date stamps are different. It must have come about when I mass transfer my files from the working disk to this backup disk, which it should have merged the two folders together, but it apparent did not.

Why can that happened ? Is there something to worry about? The names of the folders are only alphanumerics, no special characters.

I tried to change the name of on the folder one character at the time to see if there are anything invisible that has corrupted the name, nothing seems to show.

I can also move the folders in and out of their parent folder, without any challenges from Windows.

Any idea.

Mine is the latest Win 10 kept upated online automatically.

:)

ffrree, Dec 20, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Two folders of the same name in the same folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Two folders of the same name in the same folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, Dec 20, 2020
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Two folders of the same name in the same folder - Similar Threads - folders same name

2. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same file name on same folder: Hi . I have windows 10 And it hepend few times that i same file name and same file format qt the same folderThis time i didnt change the name of the exact filesI just download the files from email and download two times than put them on the same folder..and it let me...Ive...
  3. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same file name on same folder: Hi . I have windows 10 And it hepend few times that i same file name and same file format qt the same folderThis time i didnt change the name of the exact filesI just download the files from email and download two times than put them on the same folder..and it let me...Ive...
  4. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2 files in the same folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 files in the same folders with the same name: How can this happen!? Files downloaded from bank statements using Firefox. This worries me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-files-in-the-same-folders-with-the-same-name/514f1b90-be4c-43b0-a293-79c42d40da27
  6. 2 files in the same folders with the same name

2 files in the same folders with the same name: How can this happen!? Files downloaded from bank statements using Firefox. This worries me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-files-in-the-same-folders-with-the-same-name/514f1b90-be4c-43b0-a293-79c42d40da27
  7. Folders with the same name

Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  8. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  9. Folders with the same name

10. Two main folders with the same name and function

Two main folders with the same name and function: Hi, i trying to change the location of all these folders to other partition but i got a bug and two of that folders get like a fusion because have the same name, location and function, when i change the location of one, the other change to the same folder, how i revert this...