Windows 10: Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

Discus and support Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I don't know how this happened, but somehow I have two folders with the same name, same address/location but entirely different contents.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ToastieMachine, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

Hi,

I don't know how this happened, but somehow I have two folders with the same name, same address/location but entirely different contents.
    Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders 650f4881-0a54-41fb-8cce-9e3da482823c?upload=true.png

Because of this Windows completely bugs out when you try to move either of these folders. I can change the contents inside their subfolders but when moving them around I end up with this:
    Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders bad7e31f-1b94-4a14-89df-9a2d1399cbd9?upload=true.png

The second one still says there's content in it?? It says "3 Files, 1 Folders". I tried to make a new folder called 3D2 and moved the second folders contents into the new folder. All that's happened now is I've lost all the content from the second one, and the first ones content is all in 3D2??!??! I don't understand what's going on and I can't seem to fix it, but both had work in them I needed and it seems I can't retrieve the second one's contents no matter how much I press ctrl+z.
    Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders 28aca0aa-d84c-426f-a32e-54140bf835b9?upload=true.png

Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders 4a6c5082-bf23-4c52-82aa-0c850c871a86?upload=true.png

uuuuughh. Anyway if anyone knows what to do please help me out.

Thanks Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders :)

:)

ToastieMachine, Aug 11, 2019

2. Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Ms Loo Win User
    Number of files in folder and subfolder are different

Dear all,

Please advise how i can solve the issue of different file count in folder and subfolder....

Assuming I create a new folder for 4 subfolders, there are 53 files in subfolders (which is correct), but folder of the 4 subfolders for file count is different. Please help me.

Thank you.

Ms Loo, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Nicrite Win User

Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

1. Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders - Similar Threads - folders exactly same

2. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  3. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  4. same folder shows different content at the same time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    same folder shows different content at the same time!: Hi thereTL;DR: the attached screenshot is from the same folder, accessed from quick access vs roottoday I accidentally faced this issue. I was looking for my Xbox recordings folder to send an educational video to my friend. I was unable to find that under my user's folder, so...
  5. same folder shows different content at the same time!

same folder shows different content at the same time!: Hi thereTL;DR: the attached screenshot is from the same folder, accessed from quick access vs roottoday I accidentally faced this issue. I was looking for my Xbox recordings folder to send an educational video to my friend. I was unable to find that under my user's folder, so...
  6. same named folder with different logo

same named folder with different logo: there are 2 music folder with different logo...i have tried to change the location of these folder, but when i tried to restore the folder to default location it happened..how to fix it now?...
  7. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  8. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  9. Two folders of the same name in the same folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Two folders of the same name in the same folder: Hi All, Could someone please help me to understand if there is any problems with this. By accident, I just discovered one of my folders has two subfolders which are of exactly the same name, though their date stamps are different. It must have come about when I mass...
  10. Two Music Folders same content

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Music Folders same content: So I've somehow managed to have made two music folders when trying to map download and music folders on my new system. They point to the same location but are have different icons. If I change the location through properties dialog box they both update. Any help? [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folders in different locations same name

2. i have two folders in C:users with different names but both are one