Windows 10: Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

Discus and support Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I don't know how this happened, but somehow I have two folders with the same name, same address/location but entirely different contents.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ToastieMachine, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

Hi,

I don't know how this happened, but somehow I have two folders with the same name, same address/location but entirely different contents.
    Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders 650f4881-0a54-41fb-8cce-9e3da482823c?upload=true.png

Because of this Windows completely bugs out when you try to move either of these folders. I can change the contents inside their subfolders but when moving them around I end up with this:
    Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders bad7e31f-1b94-4a14-89df-9a2d1399cbd9?upload=true.png

The second one still says there's content in it?? It says "3 Files, 1 Folders". I tried to make a new folder called 3D2 and moved the second folders contents into the new folder. All that's happened now is I've lost all the content from the second one, and the first ones content is all in 3D2??!??! I don't understand what's going on and I can't seem to fix it, but both had work in them I needed and it seems I can't retrieve the second one's contents no matter how much I press ctrl+z.
    Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders 28aca0aa-d84c-426f-a32e-54140bf835b9?upload=true.png

Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders 4a6c5082-bf23-4c52-82aa-0c850c871a86?upload=true.png

uuuuughh. Anyway if anyone knows what to do please help me out.

Thanks Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders :)

:)

ToastieMachine, Aug 11, 2019

2. Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Ms Loo Win User
    Number of files in folder and subfolder are different

Dear all,

Please advise how i can solve the issue of different file count in folder and subfolder....

Assuming I create a new folder for 4 subfolders, there are 53 files in subfolders (which is correct), but folder of the 4 subfolders for file count is different. Please help me.

Thank you.

Ms Loo, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Nicrite Win User

Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

1. Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders - Similar Threads - folders exactly same

2. desktop is showing contents of a different folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    desktop is showing contents of a different folder: On my pc,I recently moved my onedrive folder to an external hard drive. The desktop folder, however, stayed in the original ( no longer acting as a onedrive folder as such) onedrive folder on c. I went to properties, and moved it to the onedrive folder, then though that...
  3. Two laptops, one onedrive account but different path-name on the two different laptops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two laptops, one onedrive account but different path-name on the two different laptops: Laptop one: C:\Nyvoll Consult as\Prosjekt - Bygg Prosjekt Laptop two: C:\Nyvoll Consult as\Nyvoll Consult as\Prosjekt - Bygg Prosjekt I use my laptops as a professional, and a lot of files are linked together. But with different paths, this is a problem. How to fix?...
  4. Different Publisher Name (supposed to be the same)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Different Publisher Name (supposed to be the same): My Adobe Programs got 2 publiher names. They are "Adobe Systems, Inc." and "Adobe Systems Incorporated" So should I trust these programs or uninstaling one out of them ? [ATTACH] Is it safe for my computer? Please anyone, I'm panic right now......
  5. Difference in size of a folder with its contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference in size of a folder with its contents: Hello to all, I have a folder Documents and when I check its properties, Windows 10 x64 shows ~13 GB as its size. But when go within it and select all contents and check for properties (from the context menu) it shows ~3 GB as all of its contents' size. I also checked the...
  6. Find Files With Different File Names But Same Content

in Windows 10 Support
    Find Files With Different File Names But Same Content: Hi. In Windows 10, is it possible to find documents with the same content but different filenames? 121161
  7. Two different user folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two different user folders?: It seems like I have 2 users folders One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username] I only notice this if I pin the user folder to Quick Access. Pictures attached. 48467
  8. System using two different names for same user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    System using two different names for same user account: I am setting up a new PC. Win 10 seems to force you to use a Microsoft email account/address as the basis for setting it up. It then uses 5 letters from the email name as your user account name. You can then convert the user account to a "local" account, not tied in to the...
  9. Two Instances of OneDrive, Both Exactly the Same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Instances of OneDrive, Both Exactly the Same: I bought a new PC and it came with a two partitions already set up: one (C Drive) ~100gigs for Windows 10, and one (D Drive) ~1.9 TB. When setting up OneDrive, I set it up so that files would be synced to the D rather than C drive. However, I now have two instances, exactly...
  10. Two Music Folders same content

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Music Folders same content: So I've somehow managed to have made two music folders when trying to map download and music folders on my new system. They point to the same location but are have different icons. If I change the location through properties dialog box they both update. Any help? [img]...