Windows 10: Two Google Chrome problems that made the taskbar to act up

Discus and support Two Google Chrome problems that made the taskbar to act up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; From the two questions in this thread, it ends up as a one single topic because I figured out that they are both related. there are two problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erifgoc, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Erifgoc Win User

Two Google Chrome problems that made the taskbar to act up

From the two questions in this thread, it ends up as a one single topic because I figured out that they are both related.
    there are two problems regarding to this software.
    I want a fix to make these problems to not appear again.

1.My first problem is that when I click on the program other than Chrome, the other application never seem to switch or restore when the program is already opened.

Two Google Chrome problems that made the taskbar to act up [​IMG]

I'll just put in a scenario. Google Chrome may work fine normally, until the time when I want to switch other programs when needed. Changing other programs in the taskbar doesn't respond at all. Clicking the icon twice, right click the icon then restore the window, or even using alt+tab doesn't switch.

Switching back to desktop seems to work, even changing other Google Chrome tabs by drag and make a different window. The exception is this window here.

2.My second problem is the taskbar showing up when I watch videos on fullscreen

Two Google Chrome problems that made the taskbar to act up [​IMG]

Normally, it doesn't appear at all, but you know the what the problem is all about so I won't explain it in detail.

When will it appear?
    These problems will only appear occasionaly. But I do know is that there is a higher chance to happen if I turn my laptop to sleep mode and turn back on. I use a laptop.

What can you really do if you want to give a solution to my problem?

• You can ask me to download a different version of Google Chrome, but make sure that the version you give me is stable (I used Version 53.0.2785.89 m (64-bit)).
    • Adjust windows settings
    • Give a program for me to download if it's necessary
    • Well, you can give me anything to tweak Google Chrome to adjust its settings.

What things that I don't want

• Methods that only gives a "temporary" fix. That isn't what I ask for, even so I can do it on my own right now, but this makes this topic pointless.
    • To update Google Chrome software (I already did that)
    • To update Windows 10 (I already have the latest version)
    • Adjust the registry in the registry editor
    • Download "driver fix" crap

:)

Erifgoc, Sep 13, 2016
  2. maiarigot Win User

Streamed videos only show green, grey or blue colors, but dont show yellow

i use google chrome, and this doesnt explain netflix acting up

maiarigot, Sep 13, 2016
  3. IanJohn Win User
    Microsoft Edge Google search problem

Personally solved problem of not being able to use google search in Edge by following steps.

1. Assumed the problem with using google in Edge is because windows 10 is still in beta.

2. Installed Google Chrome.

3. Set Google Chrome as the default browser in Windows 10.

4. Pinned Google Chrome to taskbar.

5. Removed Edge and IE from the taskbar

6. Google search now working well in Chrome.

IanJohn, Sep 13, 2016
  4. Erifgoc Win User

No luck finding my solution huh?

Erifgoc, Sep 19, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Check Google Support forums. Make sure that Chrome is up to date. It can also be caused by a faulty add-on.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Two Google Chrome problems that made the taskbar to act up - Similar Threads - Google Chrome problems

2. google chrome 2 on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome 2 on taskbar?: google chrome 2 on taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-2-on-taskbar/4fa85406-7f59-4aae-89e7-48febf27c70f
  3. google chrome 2 on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome 2 on taskbar?: google chrome 2 on taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-2-on-taskbar/4fa85406-7f59-4aae-89e7-48febf27c70f
  4. A problem in google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A problem in google chrome: Hi and welcome. I have a problem when trying to search anything in google. This problem appeared a week ago, when trying to search for anything in Google, the error message that I will attach below appears. I've tried set the date and time again, I've tried changing wi-fi...
  5. chrome is acting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chrome is acting up: my google search page looks like this and i cant access my extensions tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-acting-up/da408b41-4aea-4232-9197-8f78bb8e909f
  6. chrome is acting up

chrome is acting up: my google search page looks like this and i cant access my extensions tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-acting-up/da408b41-4aea-4232-9197-8f78bb8e909f
  7. chrome is acting up

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Problem with Google Chrome

Problem with Google Chrome: When I'm in my email app and click a link, google chrome flashes orange on my task bar showing a tab opened but stays minimized. I'm new to windows 10 and this issue. I have looked at the settings and have yet to fix it, which is frustrating for me since I usually figure it...
  9. Google Chrome problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome problem?: Since updating to Windows 10 every time I go to a web site a pop up states "do you want this app to make changes to your computer?" It states it's Google Chrome. This has never happened before and how do I make it stop? Thank you!...
  10. google chrome problem

google chrome problem: I have a laptop, about five years old, has Windows 8.11. It recently had a complete power failure. I just got it working again and after booting up I noticed there were websites I couldn't get to; claimed the website was not responding. Amazon, ebay and some others like my...