Windows 10: Two GPUs and two monitors, how does it work?

Discus and support Two GPUs and two monitors, how does it work? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, today I got myself a new computer. It has space for 1 more GPU, the current GPU doesn't have more than 1 HDMI port, so I was planning on connecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by NoteSalad, Oct 30, 2021.

1. NoteSalad Win User

Two GPUs and two monitors, how does it work?

Hi, today I got myself a new computer. It has space for 1 more GPU, the current GPU doesn't have more than 1 HDMI port, so I was planning on connecting my secondary monitor (since I don't use it for anything else than a web browser and some streaming stuff) to another GPU. I know it works (I think), but the only thing I was wondering about is this: would a game running on my new GPU, dedicate "all" of its resources to everything on my main display, instead of a browser on one display, and...

Read more

NoteSalad, Oct 30, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 30, 2021
  3. GPU is fine.... Bios is fine.... Why can't Windows 10 detect my second monitor?

Now my second monitor isn't even cloned... no signal... windows 10 cannot detect a second monitor and suggests a different GPU... My GPU can support up to 3 monitors... again... ran every diagnostic on my BIOS and GPU know to man. Thank you for your assistance...
    very irritated by this simple problem.

RolandNordin, Oct 30, 2021
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

GPU

Hi,

This issue may happen if the GPU is taking more time to display the graphics on your monitor and if the graphics card or driver is already problematic.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to uninstall then reinstall the graphics driver and see if the issue will persist:

• Press Windows key + S and type devmgmt.msc.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on your graphics driver.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Oct 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Two GPUs and two monitors, how does it work? - Similar Threads - GPUs monitors does

2. DXGI Bug related to two GPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DXGI Bug related to two GPUs: I have a two GPU setup, a desktop computer with both an AMD and an Nvidia card installed. If I have the display port plugged into the Nvidia card and run the DX12 application on the AMD, or vice versa. I get this error:ERROR: ID3D12CommandQueue::ExecuteCommandLists:...
  3. DXGI Bug related to two GPUs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DXGI Bug related to two GPUs: I have a two GPU setup, a desktop computer with both an AMD and an Nvidia card installed. If I have the display port plugged into the Nvidia card and run the DX12 application on the AMD, or vice versa. I get this error:ERROR: ID3D12CommandQueue::ExecuteCommandLists:...
  4. Two GPUs and two monitors, how does it work?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Two GPUs and two monitors, how does it work?: Hi, today I got myself a new computer. It has space for 1 more GPU, the current GPU doesn't have more than 1 HDMI port, so I was planning on connecting my secondary monitor (since I don't use it for anything else than a web browser and some streaming stuff) to another GPU. I...
  5. Two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two monitors: I set up my computer with two monitors. Now my main monitor keeps reverting to #2 and my second smaller monitor is #1. How do I change it back or can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-monitors/d65b6e9d-404b-4b0a-bd12-9c6730983432
  6. Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Monitors: I had two monitors working on my computer and the second one stopped working after an update. I switched HDMI cords and check all connections still not working. Maybe the HDMI Driver needs updating?? Thank you for your help. John...
  7. two monitors

two monitors: I recently hooked up a second external monitor to my Dell Laptop due to the fact that I am forced to work from home now. Both monitors work, but I can't figure out how to have each monitor display something different, nor can I get an app to "slide" to the other screen, it...
  8. Two monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two monitors: I have 2 monitors connected to PC. Is it possible to use them both on the same time. They must communicate. As example: Open picture on screen 1. Move that picture to screen 2. Open file again and display another picture on for screen 1. Both screens now with different...
  9. Two Monitors

Two Monitors: Why will Windows 10 not recognize my 2 Monitor? When I ask to detect my 2nd Monitor, I get not recognized from Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-monitors/71a83057-d4ae-4864-8f2c-98f4aa9e7403
  10. Two GPUs driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two GPUs driver problem: So I'm coming with one more, however different, problem. I "repaired" (new Mobo) my PC. The differences with before are Mobo (F1A55-V in place of F1A55-M LX) and CPU (A8-3870K in place of Athlon II x4 641. Everything works fine, except GPUs. Or closer, the drivers......