Windows 10: Two GPUs driver problem

Discus and support Two GPUs driver problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I'm coming with one more, however different, problem. I "repaired" (new Mobo) my PC. The differences with before are Mobo (F1A55-V in place of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ch3mn3y, May 3, 2019.

1. ch3mn3y Win User

Two GPUs driver problem

So I'm coming with one more, however different, problem.

I "repaired" (new Mobo) my PC. The differences with before are Mobo (F1A55-V in place of F1A55-M LX) and CPU (A8-3870K in place of Athlon II x4 641.

Everything works fine, except GPUs. Or closer, the drivers...

Before I had only HD7770. Now I have adfitionally HD6550D as integrated GPU.

After first OS boot, both GPUs are active. However drivers are from 2015...
    After updating the HD7770 with latest driverd (April 2019 ones) Windows disables iGPU with error 43 in Device Manager...

HD7770 is always active. It's enough, but I wanted to have them both active and one of the displays connected to Mobos VGA/DVI port.

I tried installing with and without AMD Settings. Both using Installer and through DevMgr.

Any way to have both of them working? Any ideas?

:)

ch3mn3y, May 3, 2019
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

GPU

Hi,

This issue may happen if the GPU is taking more time to display the graphics on your monitor and if the graphics card or driver is already problematic.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to uninstall then reinstall the graphics driver and see if the issue will persist:

• Press Windows key + S and type devmgmt.msc.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on your graphics driver.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, May 3, 2019
  3. GPU crashes after installing windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

As you said, you are facing the issue while playing a game that requires better gpu.so, the issue is related to graphics driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

As, you tried uninstalling nvidia gpu and installing newest drivers(358.50),and it did not work. so, in that case I suggest you to download and install the earlier version of the driver from
    manufacturer website and check .

If issue persists,

Method 2

I suggest you to disable Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and check if it helps..

To do so, Please follow the steps below:

• Type devicemanager in the
      search
      bar.

• Expand the display driver.

• Right click on
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
      driver and click disable.

Still issue persists,

Please contact to the manufacturer website.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, May 3, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Two GPUs driver problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Two GPUs driver problem

1. Two GPUs driver problem - Similar Threads - GPUs driver problem

2. DXGI Bug related to two GPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DXGI Bug related to two GPUs: I have a two GPU setup, a desktop computer with both an AMD and an Nvidia card installed. If I have the display port plugged into the Nvidia card and run the DX12 application on the AMD, or vice versa. I get this error:ERROR: ID3D12CommandQueue::ExecuteCommandLists:...
  3. DXGI Bug related to two GPUs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DXGI Bug related to two GPUs: I have a two GPU setup, a desktop computer with both an AMD and an Nvidia card installed. If I have the display port plugged into the Nvidia card and run the DX12 application on the AMD, or vice versa. I get this error:ERROR: ID3D12CommandQueue::ExecuteCommandLists:...
  4. Two GPUs and two monitors, how does it work?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Two GPUs and two monitors, how does it work?: Hi, today I got myself a new computer. It has space for 1 more GPU, the current GPU doesn't have more than 1 HDMI port, so I was planning on connecting my secondary monitor (since I don't use it for anything else than a web browser and some streaming stuff) to another GPU. I...
  5. Two GPUs and two monitors, how does it work?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Two GPUs and two monitors, how does it work?: Hi, today I got myself a new computer. It has space for 1 more GPU, the current GPU doesn't have more than 1 HDMI port, so I was planning on connecting my secondary monitor (since I don't use it for anything else than a web browser and some streaming stuff) to another GPU. I...
  6. GPUs not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPUs not detected: I have a mining rig with 2x Nvidia 1080ti GPUs. I swapped out my PSU from 850w to 1200w. After rebooting windows can no longer detect any of the GPUs. I went into device manage > display adapters but the only listing is IntelR HD Graphics 610. I am unsure of how to proceed....
  7. Force program to use one of two external GPUs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force program to use one of two external GPUs?: Hey everyone, My partner recently dismantled their desktop which left me inheriting a second gpu. I want specific programs to run on a specific card (gaming vs. productivity loads), but can't figure out how. Both cards are working, and show loads being applied in task...
  8. BSoD - caused by video applications - video driver error from two different GPUs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD - caused by video applications - video driver error from two different GPUs.: Hi, just wanted to post a query about getting BSoDs fairly frequently. 1. I have gotten BSoDs since building this PC. I performed a memtest up to 7 passes shortly after purchasing the PC, I did not get any errors. 2. Previously, I got BSoDs and it always reported the file...
  9. dual GPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual GPUs: i searched on internet but couldn't get a satisfying enough info, i would like to have two GPUs in my system but not sli i wan different one, i saw that i can like dedicate each GPU to a specific screen but i wonder if the drivers are gonna collide and create problems. i...
  10. dual GPUs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual GPUs: i searched on internet but couldn't get a satisfying enough info, i would like to have two GPUs in my system but not sli i wan different one, i saw that i can like dedicate each GPU to a specific screen but i wonder if the drivers are gonna collide and create problems. i...