Windows 10: Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.

Discus and support Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG] The top bar replaces my desktop icons, and I can drag it around. If I double click, the bar disappears and my desktop shortcuts are restored.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OP_801, Aug 26, 2020.

1. OP_801 Win User

Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.

Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons. [​IMG]

The top bar replaces my desktop icons, and I can drag it around. If I double click, the bar disappears and my desktop shortcuts are restored. The bottom bar never goes away and isn't draggable. Right clicking on either of them is like right clicking on the desktop.

:)

OP_801, Aug 26, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.

1. Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons. - Similar Threads - gray bars desktop

2. Two Microsoft Edge icons on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Microsoft Edge icons on my desktop: Upon activation of Microsoft Edge on a new laptop, after restarting my machine I now have two icons for Edge. One is attached to my Public folder C:\Users\Public\Desktop, and the other is attached to my OneDrive folder C:\Users\cooky\OneDrive\Desktop.Which one do I get rid...
  3. Two Microsoft Edge icons on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Microsoft Edge icons on my desktop: Upon activation of Microsoft Edge on a new laptop, after restarting my machine I now have two icons for Edge. One is attached to my Public folder C:\Users\Public\Desktop, and the other is attached to my OneDrive folder C:\Users\cooky\OneDrive\Desktop.Which one do I get rid...
  4. Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop...

Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop...: How can I restore my desktop after enabling OneDrive on my desktop and having it remove all my desktop icons in favor of duplicating my laptop desktop icons?...
  5. Replaced One of my users with Desktop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replaced One of my users with Desktop.: I was originally trying to change my user to another drive because I wanted it on my D drive instead of C and I somehow replaced my user with desktop but it is still inside the user folder. I am also having issues with my windows key not doing what it is supposed to do now...
  6. Desktop Icons Replaced With Gradient Bar

Desktop Icons Replaced With Gradient Bar: Occasionally when starting my computer, it will display a gradient bar instead of the normal icons? I have tried a clean restart, and a safe boot and nothing seems to work. I have scanned multiple times with multiple scanners. [ATTACH]...
  7. Two desktops. Want to remove one of them

in Windows 10 Support
    Two desktops. Want to remove one of them: Hello. I have HUAWEI MateBook X. My problem is that I have TWO different desktops. So long story short, when I bought the laptop I had OneDrive installed on it. I thought that the 2nd desktop was connected to it in order to transfer files to the cloud because the path to that...
  8. Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.

Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.: I have plenty app icons on my desktop but they seem to have disappeared. This happens every time I boot my PC after installing the latest Windows update. If you need any more information feel free to request it - thanks. [IMG]...
  9. Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere

Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere: [ATTACH] For the past several months I've been seeing gray bars on my screen - regardless of whether I'm in a program or not. I'm running the October update to Win 10 on a Dell XPS desktop. I do not want these bars but I can't get rid of them. The flow off to the right from...
  10. desktop icons replace not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    desktop icons replace not working: When changing desktop icons in windows 10, desired icon does not load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-replace-not-working/cf863682-8c34-4108-a2b2-f4f03dccd57f