Windows 10: Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up...

Discus and support Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few days ago, I installed a new SSD to run Windows 10 on. I kept the existing drive in too. I installed Windows 10 onto the new SSD and it runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RiverSlaney, May 17, 2019.

1. Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up...

A few days ago, I installed a new SSD to run Windows 10 on. I kept the existing drive in too. I installed Windows 10 onto the new SSD and it runs beautifully and I used the old drive as storage. However, following a problem, I had to reformat the SSD and reinstalled Windows 10 on it - again, no problem but now the other, older drive doesn't show up anymore. It is still physically in the PC but only the SSD shows in 'This PC'. So my question is how do I make the older drive visible and useable again?

The image here, although not much help, shows that the older drive isn't listed. Drives D,F and G are external drives. Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up... 3a6a3ba7-63c3-4f0c-9ba7-98fc972437dc?upload=true.png

:)

RiverSlaney, May 17, 2019
  2. crownele Win User

Hard drives listed as SSD drives

Upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro.

Have 2 Hard drives in Raid 1 set up.

Win 10 lists these drives as SSD drives in System Properties.

How do I change the listing of these drives to HD so I can optimize them?

crownele, May 17, 2019
  3. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 17, 2019
  4. Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up...

ssd and hard drive

I bought my HP All in one at the MS Store. It has a SSD and hard drive. One is listed as C and one a D, set up by them. When I try to download a lot of pictures I get the message that my drive is full but my 1 TB hard drive is not full. How should it be
    configured so that doesn't happen?

NancyPaget, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up...

1. Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up... - Similar Threads - hard drives same

2. Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.: A year ago, I bought a PC with a 480 GB NVMe SSD. Back then, in the store from I bought it, they asked me if i wanted to split the drive into two partitions of equal capacity 223223 GB which I accepted. Today I was trying to reinstall windows from a usb recovery media, and I...
  3. Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.: A year ago, I bought a PC with a 480 GB NVMe SSD. Back then, in the store from I bought it, they asked me if i wanted to split the drive into two partitions of equal capacity 223223 GB which I accepted. Today I was trying to reinstall windows from a usb recovery media, and I...
  4. Single SSD showing up as two separated drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 two hard drives, one pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 two hard drives, one pc: I have a pc that is currently running windows 10. I use it on and off for heavy processing. This has an NVMe as a boot drive and two SSDs for saving non system files. If I purchased another SSD3rd and load a second licence of windows 10 on this computer on the 3rd SSD,...
  6. New SSD shows up as two different drives.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New SSD shows up as two different drives.: I was going to swap out my old ssd to my new one. So i transfered my files from my old ssd to my external harddrive, then i installed my new ssd and transfered the files from my harddrive to the ssd. Now the ssd shows up as too different drives and none of them is max...
  7. Only one external hard drive shows when two are connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only one external hard drive shows when two are connected: Windows 10 Version: 1909 This is the second day of having my new Dell G15 laptop. I have two identical Samsung 2TB external hard drives. I want to connect two drives to transfer some files from one to another. It can't be done: The other drive does not show. It could be the...
  8. I want to install two windows10 on the same computer and only one hard drive. What should...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to install two windows10 on the same computer and only one hard drive. What should...: C: \ already installed a Windows10. D: \ & E: \ I use it for personal files. I also want to install a Windows 10 on my F: \, how do I do it? Please be more detailed....
  9. Clone two hard drives into one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone two hard drives into one?: Need some help. I have two hard drives that I want to consolidate all the data into one. Macrium usually works for this however it says it will delete the destination drive before copying. How can I copy one drive over then the other without deleting the data from the...
  10. Two flash drive showing up yet only one inside the computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two flash drive showing up yet only one inside the computer: I have a 16GB Lexar flash drive. But when I stick it in the machine two different drives pop up in file explorer! I have tried to format both of the drives and check for a driver updates, but to no avail. Help would be appropriated thanks. PS: in device manager only one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. only ssd shows on the computer

2. pc showing only ssd

3. hardrive and ssd only one showing up

4. only ssd shows up,
  5. two drives installed but only one shows,
  6. only one ssd shows up,
  7. two ssd in same pc,
  8. disk drives installed but only ssd shows,
  9. both ssd and hdd in same computer