Windows 10: Two Identical Computers / Different Available Disk Space

Discus and support Two Identical Computers / Different Available Disk Space in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My company is test driving Intel Nuc Mini PCs to power digital sign boards. The two I have currently is for testing - if it works out well, we'll buy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bryantom, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Bryantom Win User

Two Identical Computers / Different Available Disk Space

My company is test driving Intel Nuc Mini PCs to power digital sign boards. The two I have currently is for testing - if it works out well, we'll buy more. Anyhow, out of the box, I installed the 300+ updates. The SSD is only 32GB so I had to connect a USB drive to download the updates. After installing the updates, I removed applications we'll never use and I ran the Disk Cleanup utility to get rid of other bits we don't need. One computer has 10.4GB free space and the other has 2.61GB free space. The two machines are identical except for one thing -- while searching for folders to purge, I found a Windows.old directory which I made gone with the Disk Cleanup tool. The computer that only has 2.61GB available disk space did not have the Windows.old directory.

What can I do to clear up some disk space on the second computer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bryan

:)

Bryantom, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Two Identical Computers / Different Available Disk Space partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Noela Tum Win User

Low Disk space and no storage

Hi Katie,

There are times when your Windows PC will let you know that it's low on disk space to prevent information loss. When your PC doesn't have enough disk space, it will affect the performance of your PC. Please answer these questions so we can isolate the cause
    of your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How much disk space is available at this time? Can you provide me a screenshot of the current disk space?
    • What is the current OS Build of your PC? Click the Start button, then type
      winver, and then press Enter to verify this information.

You can also visit this
    article
    on how to free up more drive space to improve the performance of your computer.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Noela Tum, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Two Identical Computers / Different Available Disk Space - Similar Threads - Identical Computers Different

2. Disk space available randomly decreased

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk space available randomly decreased: Hello,I woke up today to find out my computer had only 550 MB left. I didn't add any files. Before, I had 3 GB left. I have a lot of PowerPoint files How can I fix this?Computer Specs:Dell Lattitude 3120 running Windows 11 Pro x64Intel Celery Celeron at 1.10 GHz4.00 GB of...
  3. Disk space available randomly decreased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk space available randomly decreased: Hello,I woke up today to find out my computer had only 550 MB left. I didn't add any files. Before, I had 3 GB left. I have a lot of PowerPoint files How can I fix this?Computer Specs:Dell Lattitude 3120 running Windows 11 Pro x64Intel Celery Celeron at 1.10 GHz4.00 GB of...
  4. desktop on two different computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop on two different computers: I don't know if this is the right group to be asking this or if this is a Office 365 question.I have windows 10 on my main computer and on a laptop that I use to run a powerpoint presentation. Both are connected to my Microsoft account to enable me to use word, power point,...
  5. Two Computers, Different Versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Computers, Different Versions: Hi! I have two computers in the Windows Insider Program. Both of them have been upgraded to Windows 11, but apparently different versions. COMPUTER 1: Lenovo Desktop AIO, A12 Processor, Windows Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 22478.rs_prerelease.211008-1414.COMPUETR 2:...
  6. Different speeds for two identical USB sticks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Different speeds for two identical USB sticks: A few months ago I bought a set of 2 SanDisk Ultra 32GB USB3 sticks, one red, one blue (easier to reference that way). They're plugged in to two USB3 ports via 1 metre USB3 cables. For some reason they transfer at different speeds. The blue one transfers 35-40MB/sec, the red...
  7. Two identical machines, 10 second boot time difference

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Two identical machines, 10 second boot time difference: I have two identical MSI GT80 SLI machines, configured identically hardware wise and software wise also. Well, there is one difference, one has lower bandwidth RAM than the other. 17000 vs 19200. Both have 32GB. Latest-greatest 10 obviously. Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 2TB is the...
  8. Two different Windows 10 PCs - identical consistent lockup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Two different Windows 10 PCs - identical consistent lockup?: I'll keep this simple: I've been plagued for about two years now with lock ups on waking. Intermittent - sporasic, infrequent - not every wake, but always lurking in the background ready to pounce. The style of the freeze has varied a little, but whereas before I puzzled...
  9. Two identical new laptops, different color temperature and a few other differences

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two identical new laptops, different color temperature and a few other differences: So, I purchased two identical laptops (Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 14 Inch FHD Touchscreen Display, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, 12GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD) And started then both at the same time, and one of them has a totally different color temperature...
  10. Different Passwords for Two Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Passwords for Two Computers: I recently changed the password to my Microsoft Account, which I use to sign into my desktop computer. I have it set to sync across all devices. However, whenever I log into my laptop computer, I need to put in the old password. Yet, it shows I'm signed into my Microsoft...