Windows 10: Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop

Discus and support Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got an msi ge62vr laptop with 3x drives one m2 SSD with main system for music production, a second hdd for storage, then a third drive which is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ampthetex, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Ampthetex Win User

Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop

I've got an msi ge62vr laptop with 3x drives one m2 SSD with main system for music production, a second hdd for storage, then a third drive which is an m2 SSD in a dvdrw convert or adapt or running Windows 10 just for war thunder. My question is how can I stop access while using the game setup from touching the audio production install. I tried disable read write access, but when I booted into music production setup it wouldn't let me read or write. I was hoping the installs didn't see each other but it looks like they do and I'm worried that if something gets in via gaming setup I could be putting my music setup at risk. Anyone got suggestions of best way forward, thanks in advance.

:)

Ampthetex, Jan 21, 2018
  2. qabodan Win User

windows 10 update

I have the account on two laptops, one is win 10 pro which is updating OK, and the other is win 10 home 64 bits which have the issue

qabodan, Jan 21, 2018
  3. Entegy Win User
    Removing one of two Win 10 installs then cloning

Format the SSD, then reboot and make sure the computer still boots to your HDD Windows 10. If it fails, boot from a Windows install USB or DVD and run startup repair.

Once you're booting off HDD Windows 10, clone it to the SSD, remove the HDD, and boot. If it fails, once again run startup repair.

Once you're sure you're booting fine off of the SSD, connect the HDD again and format it.

Entegy, Jan 21, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Right click on the opposite install in disk management, select change drive letter and paths and remove the drive letter.

Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop [​IMG]

Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop - Similar Threads - installs home laptop

2. win 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  3. win 10 home 64 bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  4. Two different versions of win 10 home.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two different versions of win 10 home.: Good morning. First, I have a copy of win 10 home upgraded from my win 7. It is alive and well. I have version 21H1.I am a "computer tweaker". A long way from a computer "gooroo". I enjoy seeing what I can make them do.I am running a HP Pavilion dv6 with a AMD processor. I...
  5. Win 10. Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10. Home 64 Bit: Hello, I have connected a 2. HD, Sata 2, 160 GB. When I start Diskmgmt it takes a very, very longtime but ir show the second HD divided in two parts. My question are. 1. How I can mix the two parts to one area of about 160 GB. 2. How I can format this HD. 3. Why it takes so...
  6. Win 10 Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home 64 Bit: I wanted to install WIN 10 via Meidcreationtool (inplace). Unfortunately it shows error: WDSCORE.dll not found. 171294
  7. Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro: I have a laptop with win10 Home 64 bits installed on it. I need t upgrade it to Win 10 Pro 64 bits. I have a digital Licence on my PC Pro 64 bits. I have already tried to upgrade my laptop with clean install but Microsoft does not give me any choice except buying the...
  8. About install two win 10 on One Notebook and license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About install two win 10 on One Notebook and license: Hi I bought a notebook several years ago but did not use it. The notebook was installed win 10 home version. When started use it, I found it is very slowly. And I formated system disk and installed a Win 10 pro version with one time license. But it was very slowly too. I...
  9. slow ETHERNET speeds win 10 64 home lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow ETHERNET speeds win 10 64 home lenovo laptop: I can't seem to get anything higher than 96 mbps in my Lenovo laptop. even in safe mode with networking. I unplug the CABLE from my 8 yr old?? Dell win 8.1 desk top which is getting 325+ mbps and plug into laptop. That's the best. Best wireless even using a USB card is 70...
  10. Install Win 8.1 64 on laptop pre-installed Win 10 Home 64

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install Win 8.1 64 on laptop pre-installed Win 10 Home 64: Dear Friends, My laptop HP Pavilion Win 10 Home 64 Factory-installed. Now I like to install Win 8.1 64 more on a new partition so that the Office 2007 32 can be run there. Thanks for your attention Quyen Pham Dinh With profound thankfulness if help me by mail to ***...