Windows 10: Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop

Discus and support Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got an msi ge62vr laptop with 3x drives one m2 SSD with main system for music production, a second hdd for storage, then a third drive which is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ampthetex, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Ampthetex Win User

Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop

I've got an msi ge62vr laptop with 3x drives one m2 SSD with main system for music production, a second hdd for storage, then a third drive which is an m2 SSD in a dvdrw convert or adapt or running Windows 10 just for war thunder. My question is how can I stop access while using the game setup from touching the audio production install. I tried disable read write access, but when I booted into music production setup it wouldn't let me read or write. I was hoping the installs didn't see each other but it looks like they do and I'm worried that if something gets in via gaming setup I could be putting my music setup at risk. Anyone got suggestions of best way forward, thanks in advance.

:)

Ampthetex, Jan 21, 2018
  2. qabodan Win User

windows 10 update

I have the account on two laptops, one is win 10 pro which is updating OK, and the other is win 10 home 64 bits which have the issue

qabodan, Jan 21, 2018
  3. Entegy Win User
    Removing one of two Win 10 installs then cloning

Format the SSD, then reboot and make sure the computer still boots to your HDD Windows 10. If it fails, boot from a Windows install USB or DVD and run startup repair.

Once you're booting off HDD Windows 10, clone it to the SSD, remove the HDD, and boot. If it fails, once again run startup repair.

Once you're sure you're booting fine off of the SSD, connect the HDD again and format it.

Entegy, Jan 21, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Right click on the opposite install in disk management, select change drive letter and paths and remove the drive letter.

Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop [​IMG]

Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop - Similar Threads - installs home laptop

2. Upgrade from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro 64/bit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro 64/bit?: Fully Licensed & Activated Member here... 1) Laptop: Win 10 Home 64/bit want to Upgrade to Win 10 Pro 64/bit. Is there a free upgrade for students or key holders of Win7Pro or Win10 Home to Win10 Pro? 2) Desktop: Win 7 Pro 64/bit & Win 10 Pro 64/bit. Retaining Win 7...
  3. Win 10 Home Install Error

Win 10 Home Install Error: Hi there trying to install win 10 Home to my desktop and I continually get this error message: Page Fault in Non Paged Area? At the bottom of that Stop Code I get: What Failed: Win F sf.sys What to do? Grateful for urgent help!...
  4. usb install win 10 home

usb install win 10 home: Hello I am looking at doing a new / fresh install of windows 10 onto my precision T3500 from a usb drive. Does the install usb purchased from microsoft / amazon have the digital key / product key for activation on it ? Will i have to pay extra to get activation if i use a...
  5. Win 10 home installation with bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 home installation with bootcamp: I bought windows 10 home online recently at Microsoft official website to be installed in a MacBook Pro with bootcamp. After getting the Windows installed and product key typed in got an error message saying that was not possible to validate the product key. Requiring to...
  6. Problem sharing folders/files between two win 10 computers (one desktop and one laptop)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem sharing folders/files between two win 10 computers (one desktop and one laptop): We are having problems sharing folders/files between two win 10 computers (one desktop and one laptop). Both are on the latest version of Win 10. I have tried endless remedies that I found on the internet to no avail. Currently I cannot see all my shared folders and...
  7. Win 10 Upgrade Created Two Displays on One Screen Laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 Upgrade Created Two Displays on One Screen Laptop: Hi all, I upgraded my old (2010) HP Touchsmart TM2 to Windows 10 because I upgraded my other 3 comps, so what the heck, right? I have switchable dual graphics cards, (Intel Core 2 Duo SU9600 , ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4550) and on final installation reboot, it said it was...
  8. Merging two win 10 installations??

Merging two win 10 installations??: Recently the processor on one of my computers fried and there is quite a bit of software and saved files stored on that computer's HDD. I have another computer that is running the same version of windows, I have already physically installed the HDD from the unusable computer...
  9. Just installed a Win 10 Home 64 bit System Builder OEM

Just installed a Win 10 Home 64 bit System Builder OEM: Hi, I have read several posts regarding the System Builder version of Windows before posting this as I can't find the answer I'm looking for. I recently build my own desktop computer and not knowing the difference, ordered the System Builder OEM version of Windows 10....
  10. hope to upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit

hope to upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit: Here is my situation, hopefully someone can advise: I upgraded Win 7 32 bit to Win 10 Home 32 bit with no problems, been running it for a while. Now I want to do a clean install. However, my hardware supports 64 bit, so I hope to upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit, and from...