Windows 10: Two instances of Java installed

Discus and support Two instances of Java installed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I seem to have two instances of Java installed on my Win10 Pro 64-bit Laptop .. see screenshot below. Can I safely uninstall one of them? If "yes"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Atomcrusher, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Two instances of Java installed

I seem to have two instances of Java installed on my Win10 Pro 64-bit Laptop .. see screenshot below.
    Can I safely uninstall one of them?

If "yes" then which one? I have no clue how I ended up with 2 x Java installs on my laptop
    I'm assuming I should keep the 64-bit install, and delete the other? I use Chrome as my usual browser, but very occasionally use Edge

Or do I need both of those Java installs?

Two instances of Java installed [​IMG]

:)

Atomcrusher, Feb 19, 2016

2. C5 support java application?

Yes, C5 supports Java, you can get Java applications from a lot of places, I use getjar.com for instance.

flomar---01, Feb 19, 2016
  3. CarolLJ Win User
    Exploit malware stopping me from using Edge

Geoff, check your list of installed programs to see if there's an older version of Java installed. I can only assume there must be.

In that case, I'd use Revo Uninstaller Free to completely remove any/all instances. Java's own uninstaller doesn't do a very clean removal.
    Java leaves directories all over the place. Don't install it again, if it's not required by something you use.

CarolLJ, Feb 19, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Two instances of Java installed

You can keep the 64bit one and uninstall the other one, there's a newer update 73, get it from official site and don't update from third party sites.

brummyfan, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Thank you .. also for the heads-up about the newer update

Atomcrusher, Feb 20, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Two instances of Java installed

1. Two instances of Java installed - Similar Threads - instances Java installed

2. OneDrive always opens two instances

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive always opens two instances: [IMG]If your OneDrive always opens two instances every time you log into your Windows 11/10 PC, read this post to learn how to fix the issue. Several users have reported a strange issue where two separate instances of OneDrive run concurrently when they start the cloud...
  3. Syncing two instances of windows over two computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing two instances of windows over two computers.: I was wondering if it's possible to sync an entire instance of windows, including files, settings and programs to another computer. In my use case this means that I want my desktop and laptop to behave essentially identically, like it's the same machine. I want it so that...
  4. Syncing two instances of windows over two computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing two instances of windows over two computers.: I was wondering if it's possible to sync an entire instance of windows, including files, settings and programs to another computer. In my use case this means that I want my desktop and laptop to behave essentially identically, like it's the same machine. I want it so that...
  5. PUABundler:Win32/CandyOpen two instances cannot be removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PUABundler:Win32/CandyOpen two instances cannot be removed: PUABundler:Win32/CandyOpen in win10/11 defender when choosing remove as the action, does not remove the instances.How can I remove this itemtwice in my system?Thank you....
  6. Two instances of SearchApp.exe on Resource manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two instances of SearchApp.exe on Resource manager: Hi, when searching my Pc for possible signs of malware I looked at my resource manager and noticed that I had two instances of the SearchApp.exe there however both were suspended. I looked at the file tree it think that was the name and one showed a DLLhost.exe which I heard...
  7. Java install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java install: My computer window 11. When I run java install it doesn't show anything? help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-install/6256d389-1ba8-43b4-aa9c-0569865179cf
  8. Two instances of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two instances of windows 10.: Hi there.I have a new pc that comes with "Windows 10 Home" out of the box. I want to purchase a second "Windows 10 Pro" license and install it, but keep it operating in parallel to the previous one not at the same time.That is, in the boot an option would be shown to choose...
  9. Two Instances Of OneDrive At Start-up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Instances Of OneDrive At Start-up: Hi, I've checked the forums and couldn't find anything specific to what I'm seeing. Every time I log in to my Windows 10 laptop, I get two instances of OneDrive open. One signs in successfully and immediately starts syncing. The other instance fails and comes up with an...
  10. Two Instance of windows 10 on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two Instance of windows 10 on my computer: there are two instances of windows 10 on my computer. one on volume 3 and one on volume 2. how do I delete the one on volume 2? Volume 2 has never been used and does not have room for updates....