Windows 10: Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer and my computer only recognizes one of my three internal drives, the one with my OS on it. I went on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scarred Phoenix, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer and my computer only recognizes one of my three internal drives, the one with my OS on it. I went on device manager and it shows them, and in their properties it says that "This device is working properly."

Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10 72e51ff8-a1d6-45dd-a5ce-b57f3ca96d81?upload=true.png

However, when I go anywhere else on my computer, including disk management they don't show up.

Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10 43fc9526-1322-46dd-be8a-76b38c867ed5?upload=true.png

What do I need to do to get these drives working? They were working before I did a fresh install of Windows.

:)

Scarred Phoenix, Feb 9, 2019
  2. abibee Win User

Internal drives not showing after reinstall

I've done a reinstall of Windows 10 today. I unplugged my internal storage HDD's to isolate the SSD for the install, wiped the SSD, and reinstalled 10.

Now it's installed, I've plugged my 2 internal HDD's back in, started up Windows, and neither drives are showing. Neither in device manager or in Explorer. What could be the issue here, and how do I resolve it?

Any advice is much appreciated.

abibee, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Internal drives not showing after reinstall

Check in Disk Management to see if they've been assigned Drive Letters.

Edwin, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10

1. Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - internal drives don't

2. storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows: My original system drive kicked the bucket, so I replaced it with a new one and clean installed windows 10. As per most recommendations I disconnected my two storage drives 1HDD and 1 SSD before doing the clean install, and then reconnected them after. Now they aren't showing...
  3. storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows: My original system drive kicked the bucket, so I replaced it with a new one and clean installed windows 10. As per most recommendations I disconnected my two storage drives 1HDD and 1 SSD before doing the clean install, and then reconnected them after. Now they aren't showing...
  4. storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba internal drive not showing up: I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba...
  6. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba internal drive not showing up: I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba...
  7. Internal hard drives not showing up on reinstallation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal hard drives not showing up on reinstallation of windows 10: I have a 7 year old PC. I've added a few 2 tb internal hard drives to it over the years - because back then, Intel, Gigabyte and the rest said it could be done - and they were right! I ended up with Drives C, and D, E, F and G. I know, I know. Just call it a personal quirk....
  8. Internal hard drives not showig up on reinstallation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal hard drives not showig up on reinstallation of windows 10: I have a 7 year old PC. I've added 2 tb internal hard drives to it over the years - because back then, Intel, Gigabyte and the rest said it could be done. And they were right! I had Drive C, and D, E, F and G. I know, I know. Just call it personal quirk. The point is, they...
  9. Internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal drive not showing up: The internal D: drive on my laptop isn't showing up anymore after downloading a game from steam and getting a disk corrupt error message every now and again. It doesn't show up on Disk Management or Command or anything. Do I just bring it to someone and get a new compatible...
  10. Internal drives not showing after reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal drives not showing after reinstall: I've done a reinstall of Windows 10 today. I unplugged my internal storage HDD's to isolate the SSD for the install, wiped the SSD, and reinstalled 10. Now it's installed, I've plugged my 2 internal HDD's back in, started up Windows, and neither drives are showing. Neither...