Windows 10: Two issues (clean Win10 install, bootloop, didn't save Win 8.1 key..)

Discus and support Two issues (clean Win10 install, bootloop, didn't save Win 8.1 key..) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've run into a following problem with Win 10 installation. A month ago I've bought an inexpensive Atom 3735F + 1 GB RAM + 16GM storage Win 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hrhr, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Hrhr Win User

Two issues (clean Win10 install, bootloop, didn't save Win 8.1 key..)

Hi,
    I've run into a following problem with Win 10 installation.

A month ago I've bought an inexpensive Atom 3735F + 1 GB RAM + 16GM storage Win 8.1 tablet.

I've first tried to install Win10 using "forced" windows update option (wuauclt.exe /updatenow), but it didn't work - probably because of not enough free storage space.
    Then I've created a bootable USB pendrive with Win10, but the setup would quit. Now I know why - the pendrive was broken.
    So I've decided to perform a clean Windows 10 installation by booting from the pendrive.
    And here are several mistakes I've done: I didn't write down the Win 8.1 key before removing Win 8.1 partitions. I forgot that I would have to do the upgrade first for Win 10 to activate properly.

So here is where I am now:
    I've performed a clean Win10 installation, by removing all the Win 8.1 partitions and I don't know what my Win 8.1 serial key is.

Now, the problem with Win10 is that it is stuck in some sort of a boot loop: Windows boots, asks me to choose a WIFI/3G network and choose the settings (express etc.), then it loads for few seconds (spinning circles), then it reboots and I'm back again asked to choose wifi/specify settings...

I want to be at least able to use my tablet before I get the Win 8.1 key from the manufacturer (I hope it is possible) and do the upgrade procedure correctly.

Any ideas on how I can quit this boot loop? Do you think the manufacturer might make any problems with providing me my original Win 8.1 key?

Thanks!

:)

Hrhr, Aug 1, 2015

2. Win 10 Update Fail Codes 80070003 and 80240054 and 80070057

I ended up doing a clean win 8.1 without saving anything and then was able to upgrade to win 10. Pain in the butt to do it it that way, but it did work . Saved nothing on both the 8.1 install and 10.0 upgrade without reformatting the GPT drive.

When I first did this, I then tried a 'clean' win10 install by booting from the usb drive. That broke so redid the 8.1 and win 10 routine a second time. M$ ought to send me a retail key for my trouble.

donfarmerSO, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Activating Win 10 after clean installation due to system crash.

I upgraded from my win 8.1 to Win 10. Later the system crashed and I had to clean up the hard drive and go for a clean win10 installation. However, both the CD Keys of 8.1 and the upgraded Win 10, which I obtained through CD Key search software, are
    not accepted for activation after clean installation. What to do now for activiating?

MollyLazar, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Two issues (clean Win10 install, bootloop, didn't save Win 8.1 key..)

1. Two issues (clean Win10 install, bootloop, didn't save Win 8.1 key..) - Similar Threads - issues clean Win10

2. Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11: I bought a retail Windows 8 Pro key direct from MS when it first came out. I upgraded to Windows 10 when that came out. The key isn't linked to my Microsoft account.I am building a new PC that I want to put Windows 11 on. Can I use my old Windows 8 key?I know I can't use the...
  3. Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11: I bought a retail Windows 8 Pro key direct from MS when it first came out. I upgraded to Windows 10 when that came out. The key isn't linked to my Microsoft account.I am building a new PC that I want to put Windows 11 on. Can I use my old Windows 8 key?I know I can't use the...
  4. How to use the win10 key saved on the motherboard for a clean install of win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use the win10 key saved on the motherboard for a clean install of win11: I bought a DELL computer a few months ago, and it already automatically upgraded to windows 11.I would like to do a clean installation. I don't have the win10 key but I understand that, as the computer came with win10 from the factory, the key is stored on the motherboard or...
  5. How to use the win10 key saved on the motherboard for a clean install of win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use the win10 key saved on the motherboard for a clean install of win11: I bought a DELL computer a few months ago, and it already automatically upgraded to windows 11.I would like to do a clean installation. I don't have the win10 key but I understand that, as the computer came with win10 from the factory, the key is stored on the motherboard or...
  6. return to pre-installed Win 8 from Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    return to pre-installed Win 8 from Win10: An ASUS q500a purchased in 2012 w/Windows 8 pre-installed. Not long later I give it to my mom.In 2017 my mom complains that this pc has gotten very slow. I notice boot up is slow, opening apps is slow, and the computer always seems busy - because it's slow? This computer is a...
  7. Issues with clean Win10 Install

Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  8. Clean install of windows 10, bootloops and random restarts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install of windows 10, bootloops and random restarts.: Linux has been my daily driver for quite some time, but I've decided to install windows on one of my extra hard drives just laying around. Some games just can't run on Linux despite Pronton, Wine, Lutris, or whatever so me not wanting to waste the hundreds of dollars worth of...
  9. Can I use Win 8 BizSpark licence key for clean instalation of Win 10

Can I use Win 8 BizSpark licence key for clean instalation of Win 10: I create windows 10 instalation USB flash drive by official Microsoft Tool. Can I use Windows 8 BizSpark licence key for clean instalation of Windows 10 from this USB drive? 10002
  10. Clean install of win10 but it asks me for act key

Clean install of win10 but it asks me for act key: Hi guys. I have just clean installed windows 10. (also deleted windows.old files, basically I did a full erase). so now after I installed windows 10 pro it asks me for a product key. and now I cant rollback to win 8.1 so I can upgrade 20099