Windows 10: Two keyboard keys are suddenly reversed

Discus and support Two keyboard keys are suddenly reversed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a very annoying problem that I hope somebody can help me solve. Since yesterday my neighboring Enter and # keys are switched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatthiasK90, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Two keyboard keys are suddenly reversed

Hello everyone,

I have a very annoying problem that I hope somebody can help me solve. Since yesterday my neighboring Enter and # keys are switched and pressing "Shift" + "#" also triggers Enter instead of an apostrophe.

It is driving me absolutely crazy.

I already un- and reinstalled the keyboard drivers and I made sure I am on my native language settings but the problem still persists. I also tried resetting my keyboard in the device manager, but since it is a double USB keyboard it is not displayed there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,

Mat

:)

MatthiasK90, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Keyboard action for @ is reversed with "

Dear Ray

"Here are the steps from your ???? after you are logged in."

As of 8.30 p.m.

The ENG does not display when I switch user to my friend's account, whether he is logged in or not. I see no display / button etc., after I switch user, that leads me to be able to do ALT user interface only.

When I do log in, as him, and go to the language setting under Control Panel, the keyboard is set to US, just as it is when I am logged in BUT it is not behaving as US, it is behaving as UK. I had to enter my hotmail a/c and password to be able to enter that
    area, as administrator, when I was logged in, as him, anyway.

As of 8.50 p.m.

Now I've done that entering in and out of the language setting under Control Panel, whilst logged in as my friend, the ENG does come up, after I have logged him out. The setting is English Australia US Keyboard

BUT

when I actually go into his account the keyboard still operates as a UK keyboard, not a US keyboard. I have checked all text software, i.e. Notepad, Sticky Notes, Word, Excel - same reversed keyboard action in all of them.

Thank you for the steps, but they have not solved the problem on this occasion. Any other suggestions, please?

Somewhere along the way, of looking around for more help, I came across a suggested Key sequence of Windows Key with Spacebar, but that did not produce anything.

Philip Mark Hunt, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Two keyboard keys are suddenly reversed

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Two keyboard keys are suddenly reversed

1. Two keyboard keys are suddenly reversed - Similar Threads - keyboard keys are

2. * and “ keys are reversed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    * and “ keys are reversed.: Hello,My * and “ keys are reversed. I am using Windows 10 Version 22H2 and a Logitech K380 keyboard multi device, Bluetooth. Date, time, region and language settings are all set to my location in the UK and English but this problem is still there. I have tried changing all...
  3. * and “ keys are reversed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    * and “ keys are reversed.: Hello,My * and “ keys are reversed. I am using Windows 10 Version 22H2 and a Logitech K380 keyboard multi device, Bluetooth. Date, time, region and language settings are all set to my location in the UK and English but this problem is still there. I have tried changing all...
  4. * and “ keys are reversed.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Two keyboard keys not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two keyboard keys not working.: The “G “and “H” keys are not working on myPC laptop keyboard. Consequently, unable to sign in with my email [*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Please help. Have been searching for many days. for a solution....
  6. Some keyboard keys stopped suddenly. Two hardware

Some keyboard keys stopped suddenly. Two hardware: Hi there.My laptop : Fujitsu T725Windows OS : Windows 10 proBefore 2 weeks , about 8 keys stopped suddenly without reason.- I uninstalled the driver,then re-installed it.- Updated my windows to last update .- Booted in safe mode .=Didn't work at all After that i replaced the...
  7. Keyboard input for " and @ reversed

Keyboard input for " and @ reversed: On using shift+2, I should get @, but I get a " On using shift+' I should get ", but I get a @ Please suggest a solution. This had happened previously, and I'd managed to reset by changing the input language from Indonesian to UK English It's not working this time....
  8. how to reverse keyboard keys for @ and " in Windows 10?

how to reverse keyboard keys for @ and " in Windows 10?: Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reverse-keyboard-keys-for-and-in-windows-10/6b21380b-abc6-452a-bb1c-0bad7b5f74e7
  9. Reversed function keys?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reversed function keys?: When I press F2, F3 etc. the use seems to be 'toggled' wrongly. Only if I press the FN key first do I get the usual function (rename for F2 and so on). Otherwise, the screen gets brighter, or whatever.. I spent some time Googling this but the only 'solution' that seemed to...
  10. Reversed Function Keys

Reversed Function Keys: I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-C. Buttons like volume and brightness require the fn key to be used. I've went to the system settings and changed the function key to standard f1-f12 mode and it didn't work, and I haven't seen anything from 2018 or from my model about the...