Windows 10: Two Local Disk Partition

Discus and support Two Local Disk Partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was recently shifted from hdd to ssd. After that I lost access from all of my previously installed apps and software. But there is another local disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abu Jafor, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Abu Jafor Win User

Two Local Disk Partition

I was recently shifted from hdd to ssd. After that I lost access from all of my previously installed apps and software. But there is another local disk in my new ssd where I can do my daily work. I want to transfer all of my previous local disk apps and software with their data into my new m.2 ssd. How can I do that without losing any data?

:)

Abu Jafor, Nov 1, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Kruk Win User
    GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk

Hi

I have a two laptops with Windows 10 x64. Recently I noticed new partition with next available letter. Size is 128mb and it can't be accessed. I checked in Disk Management but this partition is not listed there as per the below screen:

Two Local Disk Partition [​IMG]

I used MiniTool Partition Wizard and managed to see details about this partition.

I tried Diskpart to remove Drive Letter but no luck:

This happened at the same time on my two HP laptops but not sure what could cause it. Maybe some Windows update? I do not remember installing any new apps. I would like to remove this disk from the list of available disks.

Can anyone suggest/advise how I can remove this from the list?

Thanks

Kruk, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Two Local Disk Partition

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Two Local Disk Partition :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Two Local Disk Partition

1. Two Local Disk Partition - Similar Threads - Local Disk Partition

2. Two local disks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two local disks?: Hello guys, suddently a Local Drive X: appeared in my PC and supposedly I can't connect to itIts icon is even something I never saw, it's a drive with a question mark on the right sideIs there a way to remove this?...
  3. Two local disks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two local disks?: Hello guys, suddently a Local Drive X: appeared in my PC and supposedly I can't connect to itIts icon is even something I never saw, it's a drive with a question mark on the right sideIs there a way to remove this?...
  4. Two local disks?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows restricts my access to a disk with two partitions.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows restricts my access to a disk with two partitions.: Hello Guys.I would like to find a solution to a problem I’ve got and I can't find any suitable information in the web how to solve it, reason to write about it here. The problem:Windows restricts my access to a disk with two partitions.Description of the problem:I have a...
  6. two local disk D showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    two local disk D showing in disk management: I installed a new SSD to my laptop and then cloned my HDD to it then I used diskpart to delete partitions on HDD only leaving my local disk D which was partition 4 then I tried extend volume but it turned local disk D yellow which I want to convert back to blue and when I...
  7. two local disk D showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two local disk D showing in disk management: I installed a new SSD to my laptop and then cloned my HDD to it then I used diskpart to delete partitions on HDD only leaving my local disk D which was partition 4 then I tried extend volume but it turned local disk D yellow which I want to convert back to blue and when I...
  8. two local disk D showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How to create two local disks?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create two local disks?: My c drive or local disk C: shows no space. I wanted to create new local disk like c drive But I don't want volumes. What should I do to create another one without any softwares?...
  10. GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk: Hi I have a two laptops with Windows 10 x64. Recently I noticed new partition with next available letter. Size is 128mb and it can't be accessed. I checked in Disk Management but this partition is not listed there as per the below screen: [img] I used MiniTool...