Windows 10: Two log-in choices at Win 10 start - Only one user

Discus and support Two log-in choices at Win 10 start - Only one user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wife just got a new PC with Win 10 Home ver. 1809 build 17763.805. Somehow there ended up two log-in users when Windows first starts. One user has her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveCorio, Nov 4, 2019.

1. DaveCorio Win User

Two log-in choices at Win 10 start - Only one user

Wife just got a new PC with Win 10 Home ver. 1809 build 17763.805. Somehow there ended up two log-in users when Windows first starts. One user has her photo, the other has no picture. The one without the photo gives an "Incorrect User ID or Password", while the one with the pic allows her to log in using her PIN code.

Please - how do we get rid of the bogus user? Tried every method I could find on-line but Windows doesn't show this bogus user as any user anywhere in the system. I just need to eliminate it from the login screen so she doesn't have to go through the ID/Password steps.

Thanks!

Dave

:)

DaveCorio, Nov 4, 2019

2. Win 10 log in screen does say which users are logged in

On shutdown a warning tells me other users are logged in but doesn't say who. If I log out to the Win 10 user list it doesn't say which user is logged in. Windows 7 did. How do I find out which user is logged in?

KevinRinger, Nov 4, 2019
  3. dahas Win User
    WIN 10 Users auto logging

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

The computer is a brand new ASUS Desktop G11CD and I've had it for only a week

I have 2 accounts on the PC and both are Administrators.

What I meant :

• I start the computer
    • I log on with one account
    • I work for some time
    • I click on shut down to leave and turn off the pc
    • I get a message saying that Another user is connected and asked if I wish to proceed anyway
    • I then check the accounts on Start menu, and there I can see that the other account is mentioned as connected

I got the issue when logged in with either account (one at a time) but cannot say when it happens.

I'm running WIN 10 1709 HOME

I'll try the Clean boot

Rgds

dahas, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Two log-in choices at Win 10 start - Only one user

Win 10 log in screen does say which users are logged in

This is merely a work around not the solution. I have a lot of apps so it takes a lot of time to load my profile/desktop. The solution is for the list of users on the main login screen to state which user(s) is logged in. Win7 used to do this so why not Win10?

KevinRinger, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Two log-in choices at Win 10 start - Only one user

1. Two log-in choices at Win 10 start - Only one user - Similar Threads - log choices start

2. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  3. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  4. Two User Folder Names, but only one User Account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two User Folder Names, but only one User Account?: In File Explorer with Show All Files ON, I show at the same folder level the following: User folder N. P., and This PC. When I drill down into the C drive under This PC, and then further down to User Folders under C, I see the user folder name NP629, which is my Microsoft...
  5. Two users at Log in but in reality only one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two users at Log in but in reality only one: Like so many times before I was asked to (for lack of better word that I can't remember now probably due to my age) re-certify my MS account @hotmail.com. I went thru the motions like many times before, Changed password etc and all went well set to no password on log in but...
  6. Win 10 user with two microsoft accounts - need to remove one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 user with two microsoft accounts - need to remove one: Hi I have a win user account wich has TWO microsoft user accounts under "Accounts used by other apps" I need to remove one of them (the account is closing down), but there is no REMOVE on it - only at the other - but that is the one I want to keep. It's an...
  7. Two Win 10 computers. One can access the other, but it is one way only.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Win 10 computers. One can access the other, but it is one way only.: Older HP desktop can access new Asus laptop but the Asus cannot get into the HP. Have Norton Security installed on both. I've tried disabling firewalls. Nothing works. Both computers can access Internet....
  8. Only on user logged in with Windows 10?

Only on user logged in with Windows 10?: How do I get it done with gpo that only one user can be logged in with Windows 10? 23578
  9. Windows logs into two user accounts instead of one

Windows logs into two user accounts instead of one: The issue is like this: 1 I log into account A. 2 I reboot and log into account B 3 When I open task manager and go to Users tab, it shows both A and B. Account A is disconnected but using plenty of CPU and RAM 4 I reboot and log into B again. This time, only B is...
  10. Dual boot with two win 10 but after see only one!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot with two win 10 but after see only one!: I have two HDD. Bouth have 2 partitions C:, D; then seckond disk E; and G; drive. I shrinked my partition c to make unpartitioned space for seckond instal of win 10 witch is orginal windows Restarted and choze boot from dvd. Instalation went fine. I chozed new...