Windows 10: two machines cannot be seen on LAN

Discus and support two machines cannot be seen on LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yet both can see and browse files ok. One of then is running Win10 and the other XP. I can't see either when I try and remap the drives. I ran the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, Mar 6, 2021.

1. James1093 Win User

two machines cannot be seen on LAN

Yet both can see and browse files ok.
    One of then is running Win10 and the other XP. I can't see either when I try and remap the drives. I ran the networking diagnosis but it didn't help.
    Just seemed to happen out of the blue. Any help appreciated.

:)

James1093, Mar 6, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 6, 2021
  3. abrogard Win User
    How To Get Seen on the Lan.

I didn't turn on both because I read somewhere don't do public. I'll go back and try that.

It shows on ipconfig /all, top of the list.

ah, well, I turned on public and see no difference. too late at night now. can't go round the lan seeing if any of those machines can see me. I can see it still doesn't show in its own network list on explorer. but maybe that's because we have to wait for it to be seen... years ago there used to be a delay I vaguely remember, some network discovery thing would only poll the network from time to time... maybe it's the same now?

abrogard, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. two machines cannot be seen on LAN - Similar Threads - machines cannot LAN

2. one of my win10 PC is not seen on my LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one of my win10 PC is not seen on my LAN: I have 4 pc on my lan, I only see 2 of them. I wanted to share a folder, but this pc is not visible to the LAN, I made sure advanced network sharing is all set to on. Went through 4 services mention on a video set to to automatic, reboot, still not on the LAN. I can access...
  3. Wifi cannot be seen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi cannot be seen.: My computer is unable to connect to or see any wireless network. I looked at the driver, and it has a yellow warning symbol in the device manager. It is intelr wi-fi 6 AX200 160MHz. It says that windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56. I...
  4. Printer on My LAN Not recognized or seen ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer on My LAN Not recognized or seen ?: Hello again everyone. My issue is with a printer on my LAN that my new laptop doesn't see or discover. I've run all the diagnostics to no avail. I know there is a switch on this PC to enable discovering this printer but....you know...every so often I have re-do every setup...
  5. Two pcs on lan. Cannot see all users

Two pcs on lan. Cannot see all users: We have 2 PCs on home LAN. Each pc can see the other pc, network discovery enabled on each. However, cannot access any files from users on one pc to the users on second pc. In fact, cannot see other computer usernames. Only can see usernames of host pc & not second pc. Would...
  6. How To Get Seen on the Lan.

How To Get Seen on the Lan.: win10 ver 1909 build 18363.476 If there's clear simple instructions somewhere I haven't been able to find them. Problem is my computer can't be seen on the LAN. It can see other computers. But they can't see it. something needs switching on somewhere.... what? where? 145289
  7. How To Get Seen on the Lan.

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Get Seen on the Lan.: win10 ver 1909 build 18363.476 If there's clear simple instructions somewhere I haven't been able to find them. Problem is my computer can't be seen on the LAN. It can see other computers. But they can't see it. something needs switching on somewhere.... what? where? 145289
  8. How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?

How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?: I have just one machine on our little lan that seems to disappear from time to time and it looks like it does that because it goes into sleep mode. How do I fix that if that's what it probably is? 139624
  9. How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?: I have just one machine on our little lan that seems to disappear from time to time and it looks like it does that because it goes into sleep mode. How do I fix that if that's what it probably is? 139624
  10. Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN

Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN: Hi there After latest W10 updates W10 computers can't see ANY other machines on my LAN. 2 Linux Machines, one W7, one XP and 2 W10 machines on a LAN. Linux easily sees ALL computers and can access shared folders. W7 and XP machines see All machines - Wndows and...