Windows 10: Two main folders with the same name and function

Discus and support Two main folders with the same name and function in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i trying to change the location of all these folders to other partition but i got a bug and two of that folders get like a fusion because have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brayan Ramirez Barbosa, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Two main folders with the same name and function

Hi, i trying to change the location of all these folders to other partition but i got a bug and two of that folders get like a fusion because have the same name, location and function, when i change the location of one, the other change to the same folder, how i revert this to the default name, location and folders? Thank you

Two main folders with the same name and function 6a800eb8-9856-46eb-b18b-568b40f6e984?upload=true.png

Two main folders with the same name and function f2b00117-7210-4950-94b5-ddcaf48ce8fd?upload=true.png

Two main folders with the same name and function c9d1b5ad-f2ea-4896-a51c-dc2e0c9477c9?upload=true.png

Two main folders with the same name and function 8829e9f1-38a2-4092-a49e-697f891c4ab1?upload=true.png

:)

Brayan Ramirez Barbosa, Sep 1, 2019

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 1, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Two main folders with the same name and function

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Two main folders with the same name and function

1. Two main folders with the same name and function - Similar Threads - main folders same

2. two processes with the same name at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two processes with the same name at the same time: Hi. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit with Service Pack 1 on acer laptopEvery time when I turn on my laptop and open the task manager and open the "Processes" tab I see two processes with the same name at the same time, those two processes called "dwm.exe" .the first...
  3. two processes with the same name at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two processes with the same name at the same time: Hi. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit with Service Pack 1 on acer laptopEvery time when I turn on my laptop and open the task manager and open the "Processes" tab I see two processes with the same name at the same time, those two processes called "dwm.exe" .the first...
  4. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  5. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  6. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Two folders of the same name in the same folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Two folders of the same name in the same folder: Hi All, Could someone please help me to understand if there is any problems with this. By accident, I just discovered one of my folders has two subfolders which are of exactly the same name, though their date stamps are different. It must have come about when I mass...
  8. Two Games with the same name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Games with the same name.: Why does Windows have a problem with video games with the same name? EA has two different versions of the video game Need for Speed Most Wanted. But that is all they have in common. The first Need for Speed Most Wanted was developed by Black Box Games and was released in...
  9. Two User Accounts with same name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two User Accounts with same name: Hi everyone, I'm well aware that this topic was posted multiple times. However non of the so far provided solutions worked for me. Two days ago I reinstalled windows. During the installation process my computer had no internet connection, so I created a local account. Later...
  10. Two direct access with the same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two direct access with the same name: The direct access to myPictures folder name change to videos and now redirects to myVideos folder. So now I have two same shortcuts and I can not change one of them because this cahnge will also affect the other one. I atach a picture of the problem [ATTACH]...