Windows 10: Two major problems with playing MKV files

Discus and support Two major problems with playing MKV files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As thought, choice few work, choice few do not in some cases with some players, same issue with .flv in PowerDVD some play, some don't. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnnyGui, Aug 17, 2015.

1. jds63 Win User

Two major problems with playing MKV files

As thought, choice few work, choice few do not in some cases with some players, same issue with .flv in PowerDVD some play, some don't.

jds63, Aug 17, 2015

2. No! But I have the VLC Player too.
    I have no Codec Packs or something like this.

( I use my Lenovo to Flash and Repair Cell Phones and build my own monthly Windows AIO Integrated. So my System must clean for use all this Flasher Boxes etc.)

Cluster Head, Aug 17, 2015
  3. jds63 Win User
    Maybe some future windows updates will change this issue as OS still new, surely more updates will come with service packs to. If not so many free players as VLC to use as alternative.

jds63, Aug 17, 2015
  4. JohnnyGui Win User

Hmm, I don't have any other media player such as VLC. Guess not everyone can reproduce this. Just noticed someone having the same problem in the Feedback app.

jds63: Really hope they will, so far I've noticed quite a lot of small bugs. Trying my best to report them through the Feedback app.

JohnnyGui, Aug 17, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Yep, just came across one today with my printer and external drive, i solved most of it for now, just some minor issues.

jds63, Aug 18, 2015
  6. dodinj Win User
    i don't know if anyone is still having this issue but i came across it recently and found a fix for it im running windows 8.1. just follow the photos: just search for the codec tweak tool and pick haali and then apply & close. i don't know why but this seams to fix the problem i hope it helps someone *Smile. good luck. *Smile

Two major problems with playing MKV files [​IMG]

dodinj, Nov 19, 2015
  7. ninja750 Win User
    same problem, solved changed manually the "language" while running the mkv

obviously vlc opens it normally and it works with sound

ninja750, May 24, 2016
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

works fine in VLC with subtitles.

BTW these files play on remote devices too such as TV's - and Chromecast -- run PLEX on your computer and install PLEX on smart phone --then you can use Smartphone as controller / handset for playing movies with Chromecast on remote TV - works fine (and subtitles).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Two major problems with playing MKV files - Similar Threads - major problems playing

2. MKV file will not play on one PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MKV file will not play on one PC: I have three PCs with the same version of PotPlayer. Two of them will play a certain mkv file, one will not. All will play the file with VLC. All PCs are on the same Windows 10 1809 OS. All at the same patch level. I ran mkvalidator over the file and it says the "file...
  3. Playing HDR MKV files on a SDR display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Playing HDR MKV files on a SDR display?: Anyone know how i can watch HDR mkv files on my non-hdr display in windows? I heard the K-lite pack allows you to get the colors out of a 10 bit image on the player. I've also heard the same for the plex player and windows tv&movies app allowing tonemapping to get the color...
  4. supporting .mkv files

supporting .mkv files: Hello, I am an aspiring youtuber that does not have software and uses Photos. recently i have been using OBS studio and saw that Photos does not support .mkv fileswhat obs saves recordings as. I am wondering if you guys could start supporting .mkv files! -thirtymoredays...
  5. Major problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem.: Windows can't sign into my account although I have been using it for 3+years. I have tried almost every solution I could find on the internet and restarted my pc several times. It just keeps on logging me into a temporary user profile and repeats that it's unable to sign in...
  6. Windows Photos App cannot play .mkv

Windows Photos App cannot play .mkv: Yes, it cannot play .mkv files. I am aware that they can be converted to another format but I simply dont want to. So my question is: Can I make it run .mkv? Or better yet - Can I make videos be played in an external program like MPC-HC for example? Or at the very least -...
  7. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app-cant-play-sound-in-mkv-files/021849a8-e4e1-4a71-91d2-d47b43b98998
  8. mkv files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mkv files: was backing up a bluray disc to mkv using handbrake. some files i could play and others I could not, why? Played back on windows media player. any help would be graciously appreciated...
  9. MKV Files won't play in v1809

MKV Files won't play in v1809: Ok so, i've noticed that v1809 will NOT play MKV files in VLC or any other video player. They work perfectly on my other computer which is still running v1803. Is there a fix? 122139
  10. Major problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major problem: amazon says I have been hacked by North Korea they say only micro soft can fix and they want 500 dollars what can I do please help me 112044