Windows 10: Two Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager

Discus and support Two Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several Dell Latitude laptops, E4310, E7270 & E7440. Both the E4310 and E7440 list the 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery' twice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bree, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Bree Win User

Two Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager

I have several Dell Latitude laptops, E4310, E7270 & E7440. Both the E4310 and E7440 list the 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery' twice in Device Manager (both working normally), uninstall them and they both reappear on a restart or a scan for new devices. Google shows this to be common, both for Dell and HP laptops.

Two Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager [​IMG]

This hasn't been a problem until now, all battery-related functions worked normally. But generating a Battery Report...

Generate Battery Usage Report in Windows 10

... now says that no batteries are installed. The Battery usage showed a blank chart, that section and the Battery Capacity History both showed a list of dates and times, but without any battery data. Everything else battery-related was still working normally.

Two Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager [​IMG]

The battery report had worked normally a year ago under 1809 (I have a saved battery report from back then). I don't know exactly when it stopped working, but now in 1909 it fails to see any battery. All other battery functions still work normally, the taskbar correctly shows the charge and time remaining (or time to full charge).

Removing both in device manager, then scanning for hardware changes would allow one battery report to be created that could see a battery, but generating any subsequent ones would say 'no battery installed' again.

I found a workaround to get the battery report working normally again - disable (not uninstall) the second ACPI battery. Battery reports now show the details of the installed battery.

It is probably relevant that both the affected machines are capable of supporting a second battery. Seems until recently the battery report was correctly reporting on battery #1, but is now by default reporting the condition of the (not present) battery #2. With the second ACPI battery disabled in Device manager, the taskbar icon no longer lists a 'battery 2: not present' as it did in the screenshot above.

https://www.dell.com/community/Latit...t/td-p/6239038

:)

2. Bree Win User

Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method: What has to do with battery?

Yes, it is one of the things to try before deciding the battery is faulty. Uninstall it in Device Manager and scan for hardware changes. Device Manager will reinstall it again. ACPI stands for 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface'.

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface - Wikipedia

3. Missing microsoft acpi-compliant battery control method

Hi Francis,

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery is a driver needed by Windows to communicate with your hardware. To troubleshoot the issue, follow the steps below:

• Remove the charger from your computer, then restart your device.
    • After your computer restarts, plugged in your charger. Check if the driver needed automatically reinstalled and addressed the issue.

Kindly send us a screenshot of your device manager, to provide your better assistance on addressing the issue. To send a screenshot, follow the instructions provided by
    Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on this
    Forum Article

• Go to Device Manager > Expand Batteries.
    • If you can see Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, double-click then screenshot the General tab.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Two Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager

Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method: What has to do with battery?

I bought for second time a battery replacement for my old laptop (2012). I don't know how exactly works laptop's battery market but it wasn't a original one. The battery brand is "Green Cell" and the model "PT6V8"
    After 2 months of using that battery I notices various issues and often crashes (suddenly shutdowns) even when the laptop was plugged in. When I removed the battery everything returns to normal functioning. I complaint to the seller and his answer was to uninstall that software device (Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method).

Do you agree with this suggestion?

iJohnnyCash, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Two Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager

1. Two Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Microsoft ACPI Compliant

2. MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 3 ACPI COMPLIANT CONTROL METHOD BATTERY FOR WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 3 ACPI COMPLIANT CONTROL METHOD BATTERY FOR WINDOWS 10: IS THERE ANOTHER DRIVER FOR WINDOWS 10 USERS. FOR A SURFACE PRO 3 FOR THE APCI COMPLAINT CONTROL BATTERY?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-surface-pro-3-acpi-compliant-control/9fe3354a-0ceb-4a44-b823-98fe1ea8e99f
  3. Cannot Uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: I'm trying to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery to troubleshoot a battery problem, but every time I do, cmbatt.inf reconfigures and starts the program in just a few seconds, giving me too small a window to change the settings or see if that fixes...
  4. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver.

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver.: I have a HP ENVY 17t (17-u292cl) Touchscreen Laptop. I'm having problems with my Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver. Battery icon shows losing power rapidly until I go into the Sleep mode. After I restart from the Sleep mode the battery charge looks to be...
  5. Battery Plugin not charging ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery driver Asus s430fn

Battery Plugin not charging ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery driver Asus s430fn: After upgrading my windows 10 to version 1903 on my asus s430fn, i have case with my battery status that stucked in 95% and there is no estimation time left information appear. then i try to downgrade my windows version into 1809 with the latest upgrade (August 17,...
  6. Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method: What has to do with battery?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method: What has to do with battery?: I bought for second time a battery replacement for my old laptop (2012). I don't know how exactly works laptop's battery market but it wasn't a original one. The battery brand is "Green Cell" and the model "PT6V8" After 2 months of using that battery I notices various issues...
  7. Screen Goes Dim (Microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery)

Screen Goes Dim (Microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery): I have just upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1, never had this issue until now. I basically want to have screen lighting set to the same, whether power cable is plugged in or not. I did everything as per online guides, but still, as soon as I unplug power cable, a screen goes...
  8. Microsoft ACPI battery control

Microsoft ACPI battery control: This problem originally manifiested itself when battery status showed 55% and not charging. Dell site suggested update bios and enter user start date. Now got to 79 %. Disabling Microsoft ACPI battery control in device manager, settings battery now shows 100%. Re-enable and...
  9. ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery - Laptop charge drops suddenly when enabled

ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery - Laptop charge drops suddenly when enabled: I use an HP laptop, a little over 1 year old. Since the last windows 10 update I have been facing a battery related problem. There is no problem when I have it plugged. But when on battery, although the functioning is normal as the charge goes from 100% to 50% (takes...
  10. Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery

Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery: My Sony VAIO E-Series VPCEA36FM Notebook wouldn't recognize the battery, so i decided to go to another laptop and copy and paste the files on this laptop. Now the driver isn't working at all. Any help for this problem would be appreciated. Thanks!...