Windows 10: Two Microsoft Edge versions

Discus and support Two Microsoft Edge versions in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I read some time ago that Windows 10 was going to ditch the so called Microsoft Edge Legacy to install the new Microsoft Edge. I'm now with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Paultx, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Paultx Win User

Two Microsoft Edge versions

I read some time ago that Windows 10 was going to ditch the so called Microsoft Edge Legacy to install the new Microsoft Edge.

I'm now with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.870 and today I found in Revo Uninstaller Pro that I still have two versions of Edge.

Revo - All Programs

Two Microsoft Edge versions [​IMG]

Size: 400,55 MB

Revo - Windows Apps

Two Microsoft Edge versions [​IMG]

Size: 400,55 MB

It's so confusing! What do you say? Which one I can uninstall?

TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.870

:)

Paultx, Mar 29, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 29, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Two Microsoft Edge versions - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge versions

2. there are two microsoft edge icons in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there are two microsoft edge icons in control panel: hi,i have only one ms edge installed but in the control panel, there are two icons for Microsoft edge. is this a virus or because of windows corruption.plz help.thanks....
  3. Microsoft Edge Version 90.0.818.62

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Version 90.0.818.62: On the top of the settings page it says Your browser is managed by your organization, What is going on with this ? 179359
  4. Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication: I use Microsoft Windows Home edition Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630). I installed iCloud for Windows (works fine) and have two-factor authentication turned on for my Apple account.Every time I log in to iCloud, I need to request a verification code via SMS. (which works...
  5. Microsoft Edge old version?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge old version?: Hello, When I just started my PC, a Windows Update came and the new Edge-Browser welcomed me. However, since I find many things worse improved, I wanted to ask if there is any way to get the old browser back... LG Microsoft Edge alte Version bekommen?
  6. Microsoft Edge Version

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Version: I received the new Microsoft Edge Version & can I go back the previous version. I can't save pages that I use everyday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-version/c9cc74cd-2d97-4c80-9535-7d39becd52b3
  7. Microsoft Edge - new version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge - new version: I have just installed this new version of Edge... Not particularly impressed with it... If I uninstall it, will the original version still be available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-new-version/fa308e6f-6045-4e40-a12e-f1818f9b3faa
  8. Microsoft Edge new version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge new version: I want to revert back to my previous version of MS Edge. The new version, is a pain. I get a Windows Security Message for a Certificate and i can't get rid of it no matter what i do. i want to clear my browsing history and it won't do that. My previous version of MS Edge...
  9. New version of Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New version of Microsoft edge: Can I download the new version edge to this computer. HP Pavilion the hard drive was changed and is now running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-version-of-microsoft-edge/2c77089a-8249-4cb3-95c6-73bef6f26f98
  10. Preserve or not the two versions of EDGE?

in Browsers and Email
    Preserve or not the two versions of EDGE?: In an previous thread, I say that I've adopted the new Edge Chromium based inmediatelly. But I'm asking you all: The previous Edge can to live joint with the New?It's a good idea uninstall the previous? When I close the new, always are in the Task Manger between 2 to 5...