Windows 10: TWO Mixed up Optical Drives in Dell 7010 Win 10 1909

Discus and support TWO Mixed up Optical Drives in Dell 7010 Win 10 1909 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell 7010 Windows 10 (1909) Desktop that has TWO Optical Drives, F: and G:.In File explorer they are are listed as (F:) DVD RW Drive and (G:)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mb300e, Mar 3, 2020.

1. mb300e Win User

TWO Mixed up Optical Drives in Dell 7010 Win 10 1909

I have a Dell 7010 Windows 10 (1909) Desktop that has TWO Optical Drives, F: and G:.In File explorer they are are listed as (FTWO Mixed up Optical Drives in Dell 7010 Win 10 1909 :) DVD RW Drive and (GTWO Mixed up Optical Drives in Dell 7010 Win 10 1909 :) BD ROM Drive.The actual drives are (F: Drive) HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20N [Optical drive] on Sata 2and (G: Drive) PLDS DVD+-RW DS-8A8SH [Optical drive] on Sata 3If I double click on (FTWO Mixed up Optical Drives in Dell 7010 Win 10 1909 :) in File manager, the drawer on G: drive opens and vice versa.If anyone can offer a solution I would appreciate it very much.

File Manager Listing of Drives

TWO Mixed up Optical Drives in Dell 7010 Win 10 1909 [​IMG]

F: Drive Disk Mgt

G: Drive Disk Mgt

Thanks in advance. Peter B.

:)

mb300e, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Jerry8A, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 3, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

LemP, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. TWO Mixed up Optical Drives in Dell 7010 Win 10 1909 - Similar Threads - Mixed Optical Drives

2. Dell optiplex 7010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell optiplex 7010: Hello guys! I’m getting an optiplex 7010 soon! I was wondering if it supported vistaBecause it showed XP and not vista on the support page, so anything helps! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex-7010/0a178b9d-7658-41b6-95a4-e5433e988565
  3. Dell optiplex 7010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell optiplex 7010: Hello guys! I’m getting an optiplex 7010 soon! I was wondering if it supported vistaBecause it showed XP and not vista on the support page, so anything helps! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex-7010/0a178b9d-7658-41b6-95a4-e5433e988565
  4. Win 10 and using an external optical drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 and using an external optical drive: I have windows 10, a desktop, and when I ordered it from HP I forgot to include a CD-R OR CD-RW. I figured that just purchasing one and plugging it into a usb port would solve my issue. Initially it worked, kinda. The other day I messed up and ended up having to re-install my...
  5. Win 10 and using an external optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 and using an external optical drive: I have windows 10, a desktop, and when I ordered it from HP I forgot to include a CD-R OR CD-RW. I figured that just purchasing one and plugging it into a usb port would solve my issue. Initially it worked, kinda. The other day I messed up and ended up having to re-install my...
  6. Win 10 and using an external optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Dell OptiPlex 790 optical drive not working

Dell OptiPlex 790 optical drive not working: I have upgraded ten 10 Dell OptiPlex 790 DT's to Windows 10. The optical drives DVD/RW show up but only two will read DVD movies. Spins, makes noise and shuts down. A couple of these drives will read a CD. A couple of the drives will read a Dell installation disk. Seems to be...
  8. Wifi issues on Dell Optiplex 7010

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi issues on Dell Optiplex 7010: During the last few months I've been in my room, a bit far from the router using a WiFi adapter working perfectly fine. Unexpectedly one day it stopped working and decided to buy another one but the issue was still there. I even moved next to the router in case the problem...
  9. Crippled optical drive in Win 10

Crippled optical drive in Win 10: I upgraded my Toshiba Satellite laptop from Windows 8 to 8.1 and my CD/DVDCW worked perfectly. I then upgraded again to Windows 10 when it came out and I can hear it run now when I put a DVD into the player and I can hear the drive working but it won't play the DVD. I have...
  10. Win 10 mixes up hard drives and reassigns drive letters

Win 10 mixes up hard drives and reassigns drive letters: Got a problem using shared data disks with windows 10. Win10 insists on reassigning drive letters for my hard drives, I started off with : a 1 Tb drive as C: a 2Tb drive split into 2 volumes drives D: and E:, a further 1Tb drive as drive F:, a DVD drive as drive G:...